BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > wheel/tire warranty, extended warranty

06-27-2017, 07:24 PM   #1
clemsonkev
OOOO another former Audi B5 S4 owner OOOO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 997 Carrera S (sold the M2)

Question wheel/tire warranty, extended warranty

I turned in my 435i GC lease today and BOUGHT THE M2! (yea me)

I bought Hendrick's WHEEL & TIRE warranty for $850. I'm a Real Estate Developer and around nails often, so I thought it was money well spent. Those damn shoes are EXPENSIVE to repair/replace!

They had several other items to sell: paint, ext. warranty, ext. maintenance, etc.

I ONLY accepted the ext. warranty (7yrs or 80k miles).... after I negotiated down from ~$5400 to $2968. (I said NO several times before he got down to what I was willing to pay). It has a 100.00 deductible per repair after the 5yr manufacturer's warranty.

My first time getting an extended warranty, so any feedback is appreciated. (I plan to keep the M2 for 7-10 years most likely)
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 08:34 AM   #2
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonkev View Post
I turned in my 435i GC lease today and BOUGHT THE M2! (yea me)

I bought Hendrick's WHEEL & TIRE warranty for $850. I'm a Real Estate Developer and around nails often, so I thought it was money well spent. Those damn shoes are EXPENSIVE to repair/replace!

They had several other items to sell: paint, ext. warranty, ext. maintenance, etc.

I ONLY accepted the ext. warranty (7yrs or 80k miles).... after I negotiated down from ~$5400 to $2968. (I said NO several times before he got down to what I was willing to pay). It has a 100.00 deductible per repair after the 5yr manufacturer's warranty.

My first time getting an extended warranty, so any feedback is appreciated. (I plan to keep the M2 for 7-10 years most likely)
What's your insurance company? GEICO has mechanical breakdown insurance for example which is something like $80(ish)/6 months which is an extended warranty at a whole lot less money ($200 a year versus 3k up front). 7/100k on new cars (you have to add it within 12 months of purchase of car and it's pro rated).

Deductible is $250. Covers everything, including electrical.

Your insurance company might have something similar.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 08:41 AM   #3
clemsonkev
OOOO another former Audi B5 S4 owner OOOO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 997 Carrera S (sold the M2)

I'm actually dumping nationwide and moving all 3 cars to GEICO. Thanks for info.... But I already paid for the Hendricks extended warranty.
Appreciate 0