BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Comp or Supra?

09-24-2021, 06:07 PM   #45
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pete View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFever View Post
Quote:
Interesting. What are your ownership impressions of the GT3 vs the M2?
Well the short story is that I prefer the M2 except for the suspension :
- 1/4 price
- more practical
- more punch down low (and I haven't even tuned the engine YET ;-)
- less attention (is a plus for me)
- cheaper to run
I have changed the tyres to non run flat PS4S to see if the crashiness gets better, if not I will change the suspension
But dont get me wrong : the 991.2 GT3 is a hell of a car but just not for me (maybe down the road a 992 GT3 touring when used prices are good...)
At least you got to experience GT3 ownership. I want to, but getting sick and tired of the games Porsche dealers play. At least the ones in the Phoenix AZ market.
That's not just you

Very pretentious to say the least
Well, you're 1000% right on this. I was on a 'wait list' for over a year. Called Porsche Chandler today, 'no we are not taking any more names for the wait list.' Me: 'But I'm on a list, here's my name, number, email.' 'We don't see you in our system.' Uhm, what? I have an email from this dude from over a year ago?

So if anybody here in AZ decides to go to Porsche Chandler, AZ, stop yourself and go to the 2 other dealers in AZ. I also have friends and acquaintances in auto industry in town, and apparently that dealership is a shit show, starting with the owner.

Adam Frank, the Porsche Chandler 'brand ambassador,' is doing a shitty job of promoting the brand. Same dude who said I could be bumped up the list if I buy a Panamera or Cayenne on the showroom floor. Maybe he took me off the list because I didn't want to buy a car that I don't need. The stupid games these dealers play. Well, could be worst, just a car.

End rant
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16282.50
      09-24-2021, 07:06 PM   #46
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFever View Post
Quote:
Interesting. What are your ownership impressions of the GT3 vs the M2?
Well the short story is that I prefer the M2 except for the suspension :
- 1/4 price
- more practical
- more punch down low (and I haven't even tuned the engine YET ;-)
- less attention (is a plus for me)
- cheaper to run
I have changed the tyres to non run flat PS4S to see if the crashiness gets better, if not I will change the suspension
But dont get me wrong : the 991.2 GT3 is a hell of a car but just not for me (maybe down the road a 992 GT3 touring when used prices are good...)
At least you got to experience GT3 ownership. I want to, but getting sick and tired of the games Porsche dealers play. At least the ones in the Phoenix AZ market.
That's not just you

Very pretentious to say the least
Well, you're 1000% right on this. I was on a 'wait list' for over a year. Called Porsche Chandler today, 'no we are not taking any more names for the wait list.' Me: 'But I'm on a list, here's my name, number, email.' 'We don't see you in our system.' Uhm, what? I have an email from this dude from over a year ago?

So if anybody here in AZ decides to go to Porsche Chandler, AZ, stop yourself and go to the 2 other dealers in AZ. I also have friends and acquaintances in auto industry in town, and apparently that dealership is a shit show, starting with the owner.

Adam Frank, the Porsche Chandler 'brand ambassador,' is doing a shitty job of promoting the brand. Same dude who said I could be bumped up the list if I buy a Panamera or Cayenne on the showroom floor. Maybe he took me off the list because I didn't want to buy a car that I don't need. The stupid games these dealers play. Well, could be worst, just a car.

End rant
Don't be discouraged

Find a proper dealer that appreciates you doing business with them and wants to actually build a lasting relationship accordingly
      09-26-2021, 08:19 PM   #47
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

MG in my opinion is the best color on the M2 , I'd keep the OG M2, plus I prefer the pre-lci look so Im biased
      09-27-2021, 12:07 PM   #48
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2M View Post
MG in my opinion is the best color on the M2 , I'd keep the OG M2, plus I prefer the pre-lci look so Im biased
Agreed… Mineral Grey Metallic Absolutely Rules
Attached Images

10-01-2021, 01:42 PM   #49
MacFever
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

For me the OG M2 is the best, that is why I just bought one ;-)
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16282.50