BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > Approved Used not so great

05-10-2021, 09:47 AM   #1
ivancrx
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Approved Used not so great

So I have been looking for a M2 for a while and my local dealer had one come in. a test drive later and smiles from one ear to the other I swapped my M140i and purchased it.

Picked it up last Saturday and once I had got it home I had a proper look around it, I know but you think that with it being an Approved Used Car everything would be spot on. How wrong can you be.

The 2 dents on the quarter panel had been "Missed", as with the cracks in Bothe rear lights, the water leak in to the battery area in the boot, rear discs badly scored and with a large limp on the edge, both headlights heavily stone chipped and drivers seat foam disintegrating.

I was supposed to have had a call on the Monday to book the dent repairs in (Supposed to have been the Tuesday)no call, no call on the Tuesday either. Wednesday I returned the car due to the problems with it.

Gutted is not even close to describing how I felt, but when you spend £30K on a car you expect it to be right.

Moral of the story is that don't expect that it has come from a main dealer for it to be right.

They are trying to help, they have another one coming in this week which is newer being the LCI model and with a far better spec, lets just hope it is better than the last one.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 11:36 AM   #2
mkizzo
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 LCI, F87 Comp

Yeah it's important to understand that some cars are trade ins and some are ex-lease cars bought through closed auctions. Worth asking where the dealer sourced the car on this next one. Good luck.
Appreciate 0