BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > New Nitron coilovers fitted. Litchfield Motors spec...

09-16-2021, 07:46 AM   #89
Carrera2RS
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

I run a Litchfield kit (AST based, their 'old' kit) and very happy with it, I have it set quite high on the damping and it is excellent on the road. I did fit Millway camber plates 'street' version and didn't like the impact on NVH and now back to stock top mounts but fiiited the negative camber hubs and love it, kept 90% of the turn in and precision feels much better on NVH and some how feels more balanced. I did have the factory Nirton R1 suspension on a mini JCW challenge and wouldn't touch nitro again on a road car...

10,000 miles 3 top mounts shot, broken, all dampers needed completely rebuilding 2 completely failed. Truly horrible and mini pointed at the note in the brochure "to keep the suspension in top performance we recommend servicing the shock absorbers every 12-18,00 miles" What they should have said was these will be totally useless in 2 years and 10,000 miles and you will be off the road for 4months.....

I had a sense of humour failure. speaking to Nitron the idea that I would just use them for 10k miles and expect them to be fine was almost a suprise !

Oh and the front top mounts were replaced anyway after 4k miles seemingly mini had forget to mention that some drivers might actually use them in the wet

Local dealer was excellent and my £3k bill dissapeared. But lesson learn't with Nitron for me (not saying these won't be great just saying Im coming out in a cold sweat...)
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 03:48 AM   #90
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kart driver View Post
It is interesting that the KW V3 is the most expensive option among Billstein, Nitron and Ohlins.

https://www.litchfieldmotors.com/bmw...ling-upgrades/

I presume more expensive means better?
Or is it not the case?
The KW's Litchfield provide are 3 way Clubsports which include adjustable topmounts.

They are a step above the Nitron & Bilstein offered which do not come with topmounts and only have one adjuster which adjusts rebound & compression at the same time.

To match the KW3 Clubsports you need to go Nitron R2 or Nitron R3, both have individually adjustable rebound & compression, complete with adjustable topmounts.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 07:21 PM   #91
kart driver
Captain
Rep
Drives: M & GT

Just an update. Spoke to the guy, who has a shop for servicing road legal and racing cars at Nurburgring. His answer is as follows:

- KW is rubbish given that they do for the past several years
- Nitron is better but far from being great
- Ohlins is the best choice. Best perfomance, top quality.

Ohlins R&T: way way superior to KW V3. Price: around 4000 euro
Ohlins TTX: the best option money can buy. Price: around 8000 euro.
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2023, 05:18 PM   #92
richieg888
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Hi Richie here from Manila , Philippines. I recently took delivery of my Litchfield Nitron coilovers for my f87 M2. The factory settings are -10 on both front and rear dampers . I find them quite stiff and harsh on our local roads (not perfect ) in Manila. The current -10 settings are more suited for the track.

I wanted to ask , did you have the same settings (-10) when new ? What settings are you using now ?

Initial thoughts on the the LN coilover suspension system; they soak up the bumps and road imperfections better , the car is more confident on
the uneven highway lanes .

Overall stock -10 settings are too firm and bouncy , I’m thinking of adding a few clicks on both to improve the ride comfort (-14 or -16) , stock suspension was harsh on bumps, but overall ride was much sorted.

Hope to get your insights to tune this system better.

Cheers!
Richie
Appreciate 0