BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Opinions on USED KW v3 coilovers

09-24-2021, 08:10 PM   #1
M2RAW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 BASE

Opinions on USED KW v3 coilovers

Is it still worth buying used kw coilovers? Looking at this used ones 10k miles. Need some opinions
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 04:23 AM   #2
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

Comes down to condition and price. 10k isn't bad at all for mileage if normal driving and if you can see the condition of them and it is a trustworthy seller. However note that their lifetime warranty does not transfer.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16388.00
      09-25-2021, 10:37 AM   #3
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by carchrism5 View Post
Comes down to condition and price. 10k isn't bad at all for mileage if normal driving and if you can see the condition of them and it is a trustworthy seller. However note that their lifetime warranty does not transfer.
Unless they are really a lot cheaper, personally I would be cautious. They could have issues or need to be rebuilt before long depending on use. If you do the installation yourself then that cost could be waved. If you take it to a shop for installation then taking them out for service would add to the cost. It's a judgement call. I wouldn't do it unless I knew the owner.
Appreciate 0