BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Alpine White Reveries : Team Schirmer M2 GT

07-16-2021, 09:15 PM   #177
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Comp

A couple more things arrived this week, more do88 love. The only piece left to order from do88 is the side mount intercooler. It's not quite ready to order yet as they are still developing the CF shroud for the M2C specifically. Once it's ready I'll put my order in.

I had some time this afternoon and installed the intake which was a breeze. I really like the system itself and it fits with everything else I have from do88. the engine bay feels like a complete system and that works for me.
  • do88 Intake System
  • do88 Oil Cooler

My car will be up on the lift next week because I need to have my DME sent out for another bench unlock. I found out the hard way that Ecutek needed to have my DME bench unlocked by bFlash and not Autotuner which I had done before I made the decision to go from BM3 to Ecutek.

I'll install the oil cooler and post up pics once that is done. I still have a few more things coming but soon I'll be rocking & rolling through the rest of the year without more down time, I hope.

Last edited by ebisu8; 11-30-2021 at 07:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 06:04 AM   #178
jase2addict
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2Comp

Dom did you notice any performance benefits from the Dif kit? Im looking into it but was weary of the sound but when you said you can't hear I was surprised. Do you think its worth getting for daily driver?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 07:52 PM   #179
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jase2addict View Post
Dom did you notice any performance benefits from the Dif kit? Im looking into it but was weary of the sound but when you said you can't hear I was surprised. Do you think its worth getting for daily driver?
I get asked this quite a lot. I'm going to say yes. I'm also going to say that if you look at my complete build and setup I have in my opinion the absolute best suspension setup, period. Im going to say yes 10/10 times. From kinematics to coilovers to lift kit. It's all one complete package from Team Schirmer and that's why I say yes. My Schirmer GT is not going to be the same as anyone else that doesn't have this complete setup.
      09-21-2021, 07:05 AM   #180
Bruuuce
the me
Rep
Drives: 01ZCoupe, 08M3Coupe, 21M2C

Its been a minute, any new updates? if not, how are the upgrades treating you?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 07:38 PM   #181
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruuuce View Post
Its been a minute, any new updates? if not, how are the upgrades treating you?
It has been a minute and I've been slacking in a major way on updating here. There are newish updates but nothing major that I need to take some proper pics and write up about.

In September started a new chapter in my career so I've been really heads down with that, overall a great thing for me as this is something I wanted to do for a few years now so all positive stuff!

I'll take some time this weekend to compile the changes and post them up here. I have another round of good updates coming from Germany too, all were ordered in September, hoping to get them by Christmas!

For now a few pics that were taken by a local photographer @mdolphoto in IG.

[
img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51430755297_167acceaf6_b.jpg[/img]

Last edited by ebisu8; 12-17-2021 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 7
Bruuuce341.50
StephGOD218.50
W///7485.00
      11-30-2021, 07:41 PM   #182
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

Oh and I spent a few hours going through each page to fix all the missing pictures, what a PIA that was to do lol.
      12-01-2021, 08:58 AM   #183
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebisu8 View Post
A couple more things arrived this week, more do88 love. The only piece left to order from do88 is the side mount intercooler. It's not quite ready to order yet as they are still developing the CF shroud for the M2C specifically. Once it's ready I'll put my order in.

I had some time this afternoon and installed the intake which was a breeze. I really like the system itself and it fits with everything else I have from do88. the engine bay feels like a complete system and that works for me.
  • do88 Intake System
  • do88 Oil Cooler

My car will be up on the lift next week because I need to have my DME sent out for another bench unlock. I found out the hard way that Ecutek needed to have my DME bench unlocked by bFlash and not Autotuner which I had done before I made the decision to go from BM3 to Ecutek.

I'll install the oil cooler and post up pics once that is done. I still have a few more things coming but soon I'll be rocking & rolling through the rest of the year without more down time, I hope.
Love all the do88 stuff on my e92 m3, glad to see they kept it going for the m2c!
      12-01-2021, 07:34 PM   #184
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
Love all the do88 stuff on my e92 m3, glad to see they kept it going for the m2c!
I'm incredibly happy that they came out with parts for the M2C/F8X when they did. It really was perfect timing plus they have great customer service too!
      12-12-2021, 10:58 AM   #185
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

After I put the car back together with newly painted parts, I wanted to get the car ceramic coated. I took it to a local shop called InDetail AutoSalon where Ed took extra care of my car.
  • Gtechniq Ultra 10yr protection
  • Full Correction
  • Full Interior coated
  • Wheel wells coated
  • Wheel coat

Car washes so easily and I love that how AW shines!

Last edited by ebisu8; 12-17-2021 at 03:46 PM..
Appreciate 2
Bruuuce341.50
cdavis93140.50
      12-13-2021, 08:03 PM   #186
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Is your exhaust purple yet??
      12-14-2021, 01:23 AM   #187
cdavis93
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Just look at those wheels. That was a good call with the gold, gives it a full premium look. Congrats.

Quote:
After I put the car back together with newly painted parts, I wanted to get the car ceramic coated. I took it to a local shop called InDetail AutoSalon where Ed took extra care of my car. Car washes so easily and I love that how AW shines!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 03:44 PM   #188
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Is your exhaust purple yet??
Honestly, I haven't even looked! I will have the car up again on the lift to perform some mods. I'll let you know!
      12-17-2021, 03:51 PM   #189
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

Hmmm, lets see. A few months back, I got a few updates to the interior pieces.
  • BMW Crest for Steering Wheel
  • Nightrunner International Titanium bolts
  • Gold CAE Shift Knob

12-30-2021, 03:10 PM   #190
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

One weekend this fall I had a chance to add a couple key pieces to the interior. After many discussions with folks on the forums and IG, I managed to get it done and it works perfectly.
  • AIM MXG 1.2 Strada w/Street Icons
  • OEM M2CS Racing Dash Surround
  • Recaro SPG XLs
  • KMP custom red stripe wheel w/button descriptions removed.

I opted for the AIM MXG 1.2 Strada with Street Icons using the CANBUS connection. I didn't go for the M2CS Racing one because it didn't come with the proper protocols or software to run it properly which in the end is fine with me. Now since I already had my Bend Calibration wiring harness kit for the Ecutek data-logging dongle, my creative mind starting going and came up with a sweet solution.

First I ordered a OBD plug with a passthrough off of Amazon, then I took the AIM wiring harness and mated it to the OBD plug and aligned the pinouts properly to the Bend harness. This way I have a pure plug and play AIM dash and my Ecutek dongle is still fully functional.

As for programming it, it does come with Race Studio 3 software and it's free to download. I could have painfully gone through and programmed each component but honestly, paying someone to do it was money well spent. I ended up doing a team viewer session and it was done/uploaded into my MXG within 10-15 minutes. Also, in order to keep everything working as it should, I opted to keep the OEM cluster plugged in and tucked away under the dash. There is very little room under there and my hands are quite large so it was a PIA for me but nonetheless I got it done.

I also swapped out the Sparco QRT-Cs for Recaro SPG XLs! While I loved the QRT-Cs, I'm stoked to finally have these Recaros in the car. Yes they added back 10lbs each side but I'll live. I'll be listing the QRT-Cs for sale soon, so if you're interested and are reading this, send me a PM.

Last edited by ebisu8; 12-30-2021 at 03:17 PM..
Appreciate 4
      12-30-2021, 03:25 PM   #191
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

Because I love to find awesome parts from overseas, I stumbled across these two pieces that I found to be quite unique. As some of you may know, SLON Workshop makes some high quality pieces and I couldn't pass these two items up.
  • SLON Carbon Fiber Front Core Bumper Support
  • SLON Carbon Fiber Upper Brace Complete Replacement
On our cars, the front bumper core support is full metal vs other M cars which actually have CF or a lighter option. The second piece replaces the metal brace that is where the hood latches are in between the intake and bumper.

Can't wait to get these put on and it seems that These are the first to arrive stateside for the F87 platform which is a pretty cool thing if you ask me!
(K)1273.50
      01-01-2022, 08:33 PM   #192
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

Happy New Year Y'all!

2021 was an incredible year for me personally and this car, what a transformation and I have just a few more things yet to come, hopefully this month to be done for a while with major upgrades. Some pieces that I got over the last few months are finally on the car after having some fun in my garage today.
  • Rogue Engineering Transmission Bushings.
This purchase was one of the last things to firm up the driving experience, I'm excited to see how these feel with everything else already in place. I went with these over ECS because, frankly I'm not a fan of ECS in general and these got decent reviews. Install was a breeze, just removed the felt panel, transmission brace and swapped the bushings.

Next up I installed the SLON pieces and my o my they are perfect. Excellent quality and PERFECT fitment. ZERO issues during installation and I couldn't be happier.
  • SLON Carbon Fiber Front Core Bumper Support - 3lbs savings

• SLON Carbon Fiber Upper Brace Complete Replacement - 5lbs savings

I love finding pieces like these that are unique, serve a purpose and that are not common. As you can see I don't have all the flashy oil caps or colored bolts. My preference is a little different and I'm stoked on how this is coming along.
(K)1273.50
      01-01-2022, 09:53 PM   #193
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Blue M4CS

Wow, that CF upper brace is sick!!
Send me the contact info please and what's the cost?
ARM DP's/Resonated Mid-pipe | SPL links | Hotchkis bars | JRZ RS2/camber plates | K&N | Koyorad HX | Powerflex purple | Rouge | Spiegler | Speed Eng. snorkel | Vargas CBC/hub | Wagner IC | xHP | Xpel stealth ppf
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 10:31 PM   #194
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanted_M View Post
Wow, that CF upper brace is sick!!
Send me the contact info please and what's the cost?
Reach out to Slon Workshop, they can get you pricing etc. I connected with them on IG @slon_workshop.

Last edited by ebisu8; 01-02-2022 at 08:29 AM..
Appreciate 1
Wanted_M759.00
      01-06-2022, 08:50 AM   #195
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

Last update from a install perspective, finally got around to installing this:
  • do88 Oil Cooler
Install was a breeze since I already had the front of the car apart and this cooler is much larger than the OEM one so I should be all set in the mid summer Georgia heat!

I put the car back together and took it for a drive. I have to say that the transmission mounts are great so far and I feel like the power delivery is smoother than before. Its hard to describe but I am happy with them so far and would highly recommend.

While I'm on the topic of mounts, I'm also considering these, anyone have experience with these? They are OEM m235ir/M2CS Racing/M4GT4 motor mount inserts.

#3 in the diagram.

Last edited by ebisu8; 01-06-2022 at 12:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 01:13 AM   #196
bkd705
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
I also swapped out the Sparco QRT-Cs for Recaro SPG XLs! While I loved the QRT-Cs, I'm stoked to finally have these Recaros in the car. Yes they added back 10lbs each side but I'll live. I'll be listing the QRT-Cs for sale soon, so if you're interested and are reading this, send me a PM.

Do you find the factory 3 point buckle annoying tucked in like that? Do you feel it like diggging in or anything during normal driving?

Thinking of doing something similar with the same seats or QRTs, that or grabbing the Cobras which have the lower sides.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 09:15 AM   #197
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkd705 View Post
Do you find the factory 3 point buckle annoying tucked in like that? Do you feel it like digging in or anything during normal driving?

Thinking of doing something similar with the same seats or QRTs, that or grabbing the Cobras which have the lower sides.
On the QRT-Cs the receptacle was on the outside and with the SPG XL, it has a bit more room so it's on the inside. For me it doesn't dig into my body but it is angled in a little bit. I haven't had the time but I do plan on finding an alternative receptacle option that has a bit more flexibility.

If I can find the proper coding data that will allow me to remove the OEM receptacle and not have it plugged into the yellow plug under the seat without throwing SRS codes.

Your post reminded me that I need to post up my QRT-Cs for sale. I'll work on pics and post them up later this week.
      01-18-2022, 11:50 AM   #198
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkd705 View Post
Do you find the factory 3 point buckle annoying tucked in like that? Do you feel it like digging in or anything during normal driving?

On the QRT-Cs the receptacle was on the outside and with the SPG XL, it has a bit more room so it's on the inside. For me it doesn't dig into my body but it is angled in a little bit. I haven't had the time but I do plan on finding an alternative receptacle option that has a bit more flexibility.

If I can find the proper coding data that will allow me to remove the OEM receptacle and not have it plugged into the yellow plug under the seat without throwing SRS codes.

Your post reminded me that I need to post up my QRT-Cs for sale. I'll work on pics and post them up later this week.
I had Steve with code my bimmer code mine out and I have no airbag lights.
Appreciate 0