BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > Adjustable Camber Plates - Install + Setup Costs / Shop Recommendation

05-19-2021, 01:46 AM   #1
danzibar
Rep
Drives: Porsche BS 981

Adjustable Camber Plates - Install + Setup Costs / Shop Recommendation

Howdy folks,

Did my first track day in the M2, and while I was a bit worried coming from a 981 BS with handling / performance wise... I shouldn't have been! Mid corner and exit speed is ridiculous. Love it.

However the tyres are not quite in agreement (stock PSS for now until they die) they are rolling over quite a bit with uneven temperatures, even after trying to mess with pressures.

General consensus is camber plates to try and resolve this.

I've been quoted £1650 to have adjustable camber plates bought, fitted and a geo session. Is this reasonable? Are there any other options or shops that might be more reasonable in cost or do I just need to add this to my yearly track budget?

I've had a geo setup just to get me by for now. Even after 2000 miles with no pot holes hit I was at -1.1mm toe on one side and +2.5mm toe on the other at the fronts, so that sure as s**t isn't helping.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 04:12 AM   #2
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzibar View Post
Howdy folks,

General consensus is camber plates to try and resolve this.

I've been quoted £1650 to have adjustable camber plates bought, fitted and a geo session. Is this reasonable? Are there any other options or shops that might be more reasonable in cost or do I just need to add this to my yearly track budget?

Thanks!
3 options for more front camber: -

1. oem - fit camber correction hubs - adds about -0.5 deg front camber - stealthy upgrade but is fixed. I'm running these with coilovers and have -2.25deg upfront which helps alot with front tyre wear but if wanting more camber say -2.5 to -3deg for TD's then you'll need option 2 or 3

2. Camber plates - Millway or Suspension Secrets are about same price as option 1 above @ ~£500 for parts. Fitting and geo - suggest you talk to Evolve/Balance Motorsports/Center Gravity/Suspension Secrets

3. Adjustable lower arms - adds camber/caster/track.

Being charged £1650 for supply/fit/chassis fettling of CP's sounds a bit too rich.

If running fixed height suspension, I'd expect supply/fit/geo to <£1000.

If running coilovers and wanting corner balance/ride height tweaks add additional ~ £200-£300.

HTH, BP

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 04:29 AM   #3
danzibar
Rep

Bee Gee! Thank you. Your posts have come up numerous times in my research so it's great to get a reply.

I think you've answered all my queries pretty much. I've just booked a day at Silverstone so I'll see if my toe corrections help at all, if not then I'll most likely be in touch with the shops you've listed.

As for your points:

1. I'll talk to the shops you've recommended about the OEM option as it's worth considering at the very least.

2. If I can get this done for <£1000 then happy days.

3. Not really considered this, I'll ask the shops in my email round today.

Thanks again, much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 05:25 AM   #4
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Bee Gee! Thank you. Your posts have come up numerous times in my research so it's great to get a reply.

I think you've answered all my queries pretty much. I've just booked a day at Silverstone so I'll see if my toe corrections help at all, if not then I'll most likely be in touch with the shops you've listed.

As for your points:

1. I'll talk to the shops you've recommended about the OEM option as it's worth considering at the very least.

2. If I can get this done for <£1000 then happy days.

3. Not really considered this, I'll ask the shops in my email round today.

Thanks again, much appreciated.
No problem - glad to help.

FWIW I'm running option 1 - see my write up here

https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threa...-parts.193681/

I had my car fettled by Center Gravity - outstanding service - here's my write up about my day at CG.

https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threa...rstone.214870/

Have added a few more bits since + clipped a few apex curbs at TD's so will be taking it back there at some point. Happily recommend Chris and Pete at CG.

BP

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 06:01 AM   #5
danzibar
Rep

Sorry just realised I called you Gee not Pee..

Just spoke to Center Gravity who are only 45 minutes away from me. Loads of knowledge on the car and MUCH more reasonably priced. Looks like I'll be seeing them in August for some camber plates!

Thank you very much, will report back here for any future M2 owners who might find it useful too.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 10:20 AM   #6
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Sorry just realised I called you Gee not Pee..

Just spoke to Center Gravity who are only 45 minutes away from me. Loads of knowledge on the car and MUCH more reasonably priced. Looks like I'll be seeing them in August for some camber plates!

Thank you very much, will report back here for any future M2 owners who might find it useful too.
He is as old as the BeeGee's mind.........:
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 12:14 PM   #7
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2

What camber do the cars come with stock? Read it may be as much as -1.5?

G80 is -1.8!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 02:24 AM   #8
danzibar
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3t3p View Post

G80 is -1.8!
My readout is:
-1.11 LF
-1.07 RF

Not enough to stop the tyres rolling over by a long shot.

Was reading about the better camber on the G series and getting a bit jealous hah. I'm keeping the M2 for a little while so it makes sense to get the camber plates, booked my Silverstone session in July which will likely end the supersports then I'm off to Center Gravity!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 08:01 AM   #9
Juliana19
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Agree with above, I do about 20 trackdays a year in my M2, Top mounts (preferably Millway) are a must to both save your tyres but also increase the turn in and corner speed. I've had my car set up by a place called Omnium Racing in Daventry, those guys really know their stuff and also worth getting a quote. They've done quite a lot of work on my M2C (including full corner weighting, Geo) and the car is like a different car.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 03:44 AM   #10
danzibar
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliana19 View Post
Agree with above, I do about 20 trackdays a year in my M2, Top mounts (preferably Millway) are a must to both save your tyres but also increase the turn in and corner speed. I've had my car set up by a place called Omnium Racing in Daventry, those guys really know their stuff and also worth getting a quote. They've done quite a lot of work on my M2C (including full corner weighting, Geo) and the car is like a different car.
Was quite literally looking at what brand is most recommended for the plates and I see your post. Cheers that's saved me a few hours of browsing!

A few places have also offered fitting lowering springs at a discount while work is being done.. however I've never been a fan of just springs as I'd prefer a proper coilover setup. Have you gone or looking to go down that route?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 07:06 AM   #11
Juliana19
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Was quite literally looking at what brand is most recommended for the plates and I see your post. Cheers that's saved me a few hours of browsing!

A few places have also offered fitting lowering springs at a discount while work is being done.. however I've never been a fan of just springs as I'd prefer a proper coilover setup. Have you gone or looking to go down that route?
I have the M performance coilovers and Milway top mounts, the car has been corner weighted and track set up by Omnium racing. I personally wouldn't bother with lowering springs, generally just ruin the ride and won't make it notably faster on track.

However if I had my time again I'd not opt for the M Perf coilovers and spend a little more and get something more track focussed, the M Perf are more aimed as a fast road set up and as such don't perform that well on track. I'll likely get some Ohlins or Nitrons in the future.

All depends on what you use the car for
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 04:01 AM   #12
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3t3p View Post

G80 is -1.8!
Standard front camber is between -1.1 to -1.3

Lowering the car will add front camber upto another -0.5 to get circa -1.6 to -1.8

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 12:57 AM   #13
danzibar
Rep

Thanks for the input again folks!

I'll be browsing the site for tyre suggestions from everyone here next, somewhat tempted by the new Bridgestone Potenza Sports. Something different than the 4s
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 12:38 AM   #14
MikeF87LCI
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2C

Garage List
Another +1 for millway camber plates, running these with KW coilovers

Now achieved -2.8 front, -2.2 rear. Improved the handling considerably
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 11:39 AM   #15
MrLizzzard
Private
Rep
Drives: m2

i used macg in Derby, also very knowledgeable
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 06:02 AM   #16
Carrera2RS
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Nice EC7's interested what size n offset that are ?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 06:03 AM   #17
Carrera2RS
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Is there a classified UK section ? I am looking to sell some <Millway road camber plates for the non comp M2 (road version)
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 01:52 PM   #18
Smiler
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI DCT

Garage List
2018 Bmw M2 Lci  [10.00]
https://suspensionsecrets.co.uk/
Lots of info here