12-26-2015, 11:10 AM   #23
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Merry Xmas
Maybe. But, to me it remains such an effeminate color.
Combining the masculine design elements with that girly Teal color and, IMO, the overall (daylight, anyway) impression is best described as Arnold Schwarzenegger in a dress.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 11:47 AM   #24
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
Combining the masculine design elements with that girly Teal color and, IMO, the overall (daylight, anyway) impression is best described as Arnold Schwarzenegger in a dress.
I guess I like Arnie in a dress then

My M4 is AY so I think it is a trend
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 11:49 AM   #25
cole3488
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
What color would you go for? I think its a way better car specific color then the vo 1m. I liked the 1m in aw but I don't think it looks good on the m2. Which is surprising since all m cars look great in aw. I like how the lbb looks wet and it stands out. Aw needs the carbon roof to off set it. I'm getting lbb with 6mt and black grill.
Appreciate 2
      12-26-2015, 11:49 PM   #26
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
There are a lot of words that could describe LBB but I really don't think effeminate comes to mind. You must REALLY hate Yas Marina Blue and probably Estoril as well if you think LBB is effeminate. In this overcast light it actually did look more blue than the first time I saw it in person.

As the above poster said, it looks a lot better than Valencia Orange. There is a VO 228i that parks near me at work and it would never be my choice on any car.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 04:48 PM   #27
fuddman
Major
Rep

[QUOTE=chris719;19120256]There are a lot of words that could describe LBB but I really don't think effeminate comes to mind. You must REALLY hate Yas Marina Blue and probably Estoril as well if you think LBB is effeminate./QUOTE]

Have you ever considered that there are colors which appeal almost exclusively to women? And the reasons behind the appeal are identifiable? Teal is one of those colors. Soft, gentle, soothing, peaceful. And the M2 is, and by extension, it's driver will be, saddled, with that perception.
On the other hand, the physical design of the car (the metal part) is masculine. Entirely masculine. Hard edged, confrontational, robust, loud, domineering. The flagship color should have been subordinated to the design.

Now, one can argue the Teal on the car only shows up under certain light conditions. OK, I just don't buy it.

As an aside, I like Estoril. I don't see YMB at all.
No hate.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 05:50 PM   #28
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
There are a lot of words that could describe LBB but I really don't think effeminate comes to mind. You must REALLY hate Yas Marina Blue and probably Estoril as well if you think LBB is effeminate./QUOTE]
Have you ever considered that there are colors which appeal almost exclusively to women? And the reasons behind the appeal are identifiable? Teal is one of those colors. Soft, gentle, soothing, peaceful. And the M2 is, and by extension, it's driver will be, saddled, with that perception.
On the other hand, the physical design of the car (the metal part) is masculine. Entirely masculine. Hard edged, confrontational, robust, loud, domineering. The flagship color should have been subordinated to the design.
Now, one can argue the Teal on the car only shows up under certain light conditions. OK, I just don't buy it.
As an aside, I like Estoril. I don't see YMB at all.
No hate.
Forget about the masculine/feminine debate. All too subjective and prone to the 'that's stereotype pigeonholing' critique.

Here's an objective reason: at the end of 2014, LBB was the official launch color for the F86 X6M. Hence, IMHO BMW should have refrained from 'recycling' that launch color approx. one year later as launch color for the M2. No matter whether BMW is in love with that color or not (apparently some at BMW or BMW M are). Zillion colors available. Bad marks for originality.
      12-31-2015, 10:28 PM   #29
fuddman
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Forget about the masculine/feminine debate. All too subjective ....
You can't do that.
If for no other reason than BMW, itself, doesn't do that. They are all over what makes woman tick. They think they have objective evidence of what that is.
And they respond to it with their cars. Example:think X cars.
The question here is- Who the hell picked this color? My money says it wasn't masculine.
Also, it's fun to talk about!
Oh, and Happy New Year!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 11:40 AM   #30
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

The truth is, we all know that in a race, a BSM M2 would beat the LBB M2. Black is a faster color.
      01-06-2016, 04:51 PM   #31
parrnan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT with the great MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
The truth is, we all know that in a race, a BSM M2 would beat the LBB M2. Black is a faster color.
The faster will be the best driven one.

The black one will have to be washed every day.

The LBB will not ! My choice as I hate to wash a car more than once a week.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 08:58 PM   #32
waynelubin
Wayno
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Thank you for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2016, 07:22 PM   #33
Shindo
Private
Rep
Drives: E46

I placed my order for a LLB M2 a few weeks ago. But saw an LLB X series M on the road today. Its an overcast day. I thought I had settled my color choice once and for all, but no! The LLB looked very offsetting, overbearing, and not right at all. Its not really blue. Its a high gloss turquoise as some have said. LLB looks nice under certain lighting but bizarre in others. Saw it previously at the dealer, indoors and it looked great. Now thinking of switching to AW, which is pretty much guaranteed to look great.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 09:04 PM   #34
1DrivingEmbalmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i | DCT | Dinan S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shindo View Post
I placed my order for a LLB M2 a few weeks ago. But saw an LLB X series M on the road today. Its an overcast day. I thought I had settled my color choice once and for all, but no! The LLB looked very offsetting, overbearing, and not right at all. Its not really blue. Its a high gloss turquoise as some have said. LLB looks nice under certain lighting but bizarre in others. Saw it previously at the dealer, indoors and it looked great. Now thinking of switching to AW, which is pretty much guaranteed to look great.
What did you wind up deciding on?

I must agree I wasn't impressed with the LBB during the day. Something about the color just doesn't move me on this particular vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 09:57 PM   #35
BurpZilla
Avid Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpine White M2 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shindo View Post

I have been battling this color choice since feb. unfortunately I don't have a LBB to see near me in person...so I downloaded every LBB and AW color and opened it on every laptop, television, phone possible. I think white is right and will always be a classy color. I love blue but oddly enough hate his cousin green. I saw a few pics (out of many) that I think showed the best spectrum of teal/green and I'm not a fan. White for me!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 10:08 PM   #36
///MIKE M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurpZilla View Post
I have been battling this color choice since feb. unfortunately I don't have a LBB to see near me in person...so I downloaded every LBB and AW color and opened it on every laptop, television, phone possible. I think white is right and will always be a classy color. I love blue but oddly enough hate his cousin green. I saw a few pics (out of many) that I think showed the best spectrum of teal/green and I'm not a fan. White for me!
My LBB just finished production and will be arriving at a BMW dealer in Central Jersey in a couple of weeks if you want to see it in person.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 10:12 PM   #37
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurpZilla View Post
I did the same but once i saw LBB on the M2 in person, i was sold. Pics just don't work, have to see it in person. I'm pretty sure some member on here with LBB lives somewhat close to you so you can see it in person.

Anyways, can't go wrong with either choice!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 11:21 PM   #38
BurpZilla
Avid Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpine White M2 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MIKE M View Post
My LBB just finished production and will be arriving at a BMW dealer in Central Jersey in a couple of weeks if you want to see it in person.
PM sent!
Appreciate 0