BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS USA allocation: anyone ?

08-18-2020, 01:45 PM   #265
nlpamg
MBWorld Spy
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL, F8 Tributo, GR Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CS View Post
The team at Bavarian just sent me some pics of my car. Is this the first US spec car we've seen?

Of course I'll take pics when I pick up the car on Friday. I'll also try to get some exhaust sound clips so we can hear a CS without OPF.
awesome, congrats! looks like those wheel arch extensions aren't there so that's great.

Time to participate in the douchey signature blocks
Current: 2023 BMW M4 CSL, 2021 Ferrari F8 Tributo, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Notable Past: 2017 BMW M3 30 Jahre, 2019 Porsche GT3 RS, 2018 Porsche GT3, 2015 Porsche GT3, 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition Alpha 6+, 2008 BMW M5 Dinan, 2006 BMW M3, 2014 Mercedes CLA45 AMG
Appreciate 2
cb8042351.00
      08-18-2020, 03:31 PM   #266
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
I think a lot of CS buyers may be opting for one as they will be passing up the G80 M3. Once I saw the G80 look I started looking at the 718 GTS and even new F Type. The CS hit the mark. I was never really considering a M2C.
Why did you go with DCT over 6MT?
I had a DCT on my F80 and I know it's not the right thing to say but I love it.

For further context we also have an auto on our X4 M40i.

When driving the auto box in the x4 I always use it in auto mode and don't bother with the paddles. Completely different in the F80x where I always drive in manual mode and use the paddles or gear shifter.

The lack of shift lag in the DCT makes it very enjoyable and is the difference to the auto that really makes it an enjoyable drive. The fact the DCT doesn't force up shifts is good as I like holding RPMs.

I do fear when the current generation of DCTs disappear in M Cars and are replaced by autos they will be missed...
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 03:35 PM   #267
RPM33
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Quote:
There was no mention if the track connect sensors/module came with the car. I'm beginning to believe that it does not. I'm almost certain I read somewhere the Michelin was going to expand the tech to the PS4S, but I can't find the article anymore. He also mentioned that allocations were going to come out September - December. This makes me think that allocations are going to come out on a rolling basis.
If allocations are coming out on a rolling basis, then hopefully each dealership will get more than one allocation. Does anyone know?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 03:50 PM   #268
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
If allocations are coming out on a rolling basis, then hopefully each dealership will get more than one allocation. Does anyone know?
He said each dealership is getting 1. This jives with another source that mentioned 1 per dealership and high volume dealership's might get 2.

A more obscure comment clearly indicated that this "1 per dealership" is a direct marketing ploy to get traffic into dealerships.

Combined with the timing of the m3/m4 release and it makes perfect sense.

I speculate some nice incentives on other BMW's will also coincide with this release.

"BMW M3 Debuts On September 23 Wearing Isle Of Man Green Body" https://www.motor1.com/news/439678/b...er-launch/amp/

Last edited by medphysdave; 08-18-2020 at 04:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 04:29 PM   #269
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 ZCP MPE `17

From what I was told, each dealership will get 1 before any dealer gets a 2nd allocation (if they do at all).
Not sure how that works logistically and sounds a little weird that BMW would wait for the first 341 or so to be paid for/delivered before going around a 2nd time with whatever is left; but that's how it was explained to my SA.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 07:30 PM   #270
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Was at the dealership tonight to do the Summer Drive in thing to get the 1000 dollar credit they kindly didn't restrict from M cars . We were looking at a couple of things and the CS actually was showing up on the loyalty offers etc screen (with no loyalty cash available). First time the SA had seen it show on any screen. Getting closer?!?
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 08:25 PM   #271
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I did reach out this evening with an attempt to ensure Charlotte gets first allocations.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 08:33 PM   #272
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep

Quote:
I did reach out this evening with an attempt to ensure Charlotte gets first allocations.
I wouldn't fault you, but I'll still try to beat you

The dealer did have a M4 heritage in the purple/blue in the showroom... for 89k.. interesting considering the similarity in price to the CS. The strips in the CF roof was kinda neat.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 08:51 PM   #273
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

In the SE this rebate program looks to be called "Drive into Autumn" and held in September.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 04:40 AM   #274
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemik View Post
Quote:
Care to share what other car? Regardless, I think that is a wise choice. The M2CS US release has been too drawn out. And the more one thinks about it, the better some other choices become. Unless you want the car solely for its collectibility or just a massive BMW enthusiasts, other options are worth a look.
Quote:
Yes what other car for the down payment? I'm tired of waiting for allocations as well. At this point my odds of getting an allocation are probably 50% at best.
2020 NSX... they are selling poorly and there was a $20K incentive + what ever you can get for a discount. It was "improved" in 2019 and the recent reviews say it's a great car that is greatly misunderstood.. It ticked all the boxes for me as the goal for a second car was to be different than my e92 m3... and it's a honda so ultra reliable. Oil changes are $350 not $3000 like a Mclaren. I think it's status will be like the LFA one of these days down the road when it's long gone.
Well done! The NSX is a much better choice imo than the M2CS. And I'm glad you mentioned it's reliability. So important when you're buying a supercar (which a M2CS is not &#128518. And the price incentives on the NSX is your win!

Also, I don't care about the critics. It is a fantastic car and even better in terms of design. And with $20K+ incentives, it hits the sweet spot

Personally, I'm in love with the Lexus LC500, similar to your train of thought, but that is a different story.
I was about to get a LC500, did a test drive, was horrified by the infotainment setup and ordered the CS the next week. The LC500 otherwise looks and sounds amazing. Slow compared to my F80 which have reason to consider and the infotainment killed it for me.
Appreciate 1
JCZ51482.50
      08-19-2020, 05:52 AM   #275
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Care to share what other car? Regardless, I think that is a wise choice. The M2CS US release has been too drawn out. And the more one thinks about it, the better some other choices become. Unless you want the car solely for its collectibility or just a massive BMW enthusiasts, other options are worth a look.
Quote:
Yes what other car for the down payment? I'm tired of waiting for allocations as well. At this point my odds of getting an allocation are probably 50% at best.
2020 NSX... they are selling poorly and there was a $20K incentive + what ever you can get for a discount. It was "improved" in 2019 and the recent reviews say it's a great car that is greatly misunderstood.. It ticked all the boxes for me as the goal for a second car was to be different than my e92 m3... and it's a honda so ultra reliable. Oil changes are $350 not $3000 like a Mclaren. I think it's status will be like the LFA one of these days down the road when it's long gone.
Well done! The NSX is a much better choice imo than the M2CS. And I'm glad you mentioned it's reliability. So important when you're buying a supercar (which a M2CS is not &#128518. And the price incentives on the NSX is your win!

Also, I don't care about the critics. It is a fantastic car and even better in terms of design. And with $20K+ incentives, it hits the sweet spot

Personally, I'm in love with the Lexus LC500, similar to your train of thought, but that is a different story.
I was about to get a LC500, did a test drive, was horrified by the infotainment setup and ordered the CS the next week. The LC500 otherwise looks and sounds amazing. Very slow compared to my F80 which have reason to consider and the infotainment killed it for me.
Yep I agree wholeheartedly, what a serious letdown on the infotainment. Lexus as a whole need to step up. Even Toyota has a better system...

In terms of speed, it was plenty fast enough. I don't do 0-60 drag races and it's jut a track car. For the purpose of a GT, it suits me fine.
      08-19-2020, 06:34 AM   #276
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was about to get a LC500, did a test drive, was horrified by the infotainment setup and ordered the CS the next week. The LC500 otherwise looks and sounds amazing. Very slow compared to my F80 which have reason to consider and the infotainment killed it for me.
Yep I agree wholeheartedly, what a serious letdown on the infotainment. Lexus as a whole need to step up. Even Toyota has a better system...

In terms of speed, it was plenty fast enough. I don't do 0-60 drag races and it's jut a track car. For the purpose of a GT, it suits me fine.
It's an amazing car. It was really the infotainment as I do a bit of highway driving and like listening to music etc. the speed was t bad at all but it was a come down from the F80. If the CS wasn't around the corner I probably would have ordered one. It is a beautiful and stunning car.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 01:39 PM   #277
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
He said each dealership is getting 1. This jives with another source that mentioned 1 per dealership and high volume dealership's might get 2.
A more obscure comment clearly indicated that this "1 per dealership" is a direct marketing ploy to get traffic into dealerships.
Combined with the timing of the m3/m4 release and it makes perfect sense.
I speculate some nice incentives on other BMW's will also coincide with this release.

"BMW M3 Debuts On September 23 Wearing Isle Of Man Green Body" https://www.motor1.com/news/439678/b...er-launch/amp/
"Thanks for visiting us. I'm sorry, but the M2 CS allocation is no longer available. But let's have a look over there in the corner at that beautiful M2 Competition. Oh, and have you heard about the fantastic brand new G80 M3 and G82 M4 ?"
      08-19-2020, 01:40 PM   #278
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
"Thanks for visiting us. I'm sorry, but the M2 CS allocation is no longer available. But let's have a look over there in the corner at that beautiful M2 Competition. Oh, and have you heard about the fantastic brand new G80 M3 and G82 M4 ?"
But Artemis - there will be all these unsold CS's available at a heavy discount .
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 02:04 PM   #279
wolf2871
Rep
Drives: M2 CS (On Order)

My CS showed up today at my military sales dealer. It heads to an actual BMW dealer later this week for prep and programming then back here to hand over to me. The other 3 military allocations should be very soon.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 02:10 PM   #280
Hulk Smash
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf2871 View Post
My CS showed up today at my military sales dealer. It heads to an actual BMW dealer later this week for prep and programming then back here to hand over to me. The other 3 military allocations should be very soon.
Congrats! What spec did you order? We should arrange a meet up when everyone has received their cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 02:24 PM   #281
wolf2871
Rep
Drives: M2 CS (On Order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CS View Post
Congrats! What spec did you order? We should arrange a meet up when everyone has received their cars.
I believe the same as you if I remember from a previous post. HS - M-DCT - BLK 763M. I was close to getting black but then convinced myself I didn't want to wash it every other day. That would be cool get the maybe first? 5 us spec cars together.
Appreciate 1
Hulk Smash1029.00
      08-19-2020, 02:30 PM   #282
Hulk Smash
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf2871 View Post
I believe the same as you if I remember from a previous post. HS - M-DCT - BLK 763M. I was close to getting black but then convinced myself I didn't want to wash it every other day. That would be cool get the maybe first? 5 us spec cars together.
I was also considering getting all black, but yeah it would require more maintenance to keep it looking clean.

If we can get the 5 US spec allocations together for a meet that would be great. Maybe we can meet at Nurburgring.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 02:33 PM   #283
ND40oz
Major
Rep

I'm in, anyone else go with Cup 2s or am I the oddball?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 02:40 PM   #284
Hulk Smash
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
I don't even remember being offered a choice. lol I would have wanted PS4S if it was an option.

Those Cup 2s will provide some really sharp handling in the dry.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 02:41 PM   #285
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
If the options are cup2 or pss, I'd select cup2. If ps4s an option, then I'd go ps4s. I don't think you are odd. I believe they will be quite enjoyable. I might still go cup 2 as the new ones are supposed to be better in wet than the old ones.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 02:46 PM   #286
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

My dealer just delivered a HS CS.They have another Misano Blue CS arriving at the dealership that is sold next week.They sold another one a few weeks ago.My CA said that in Canada the CS is a MY20 and the 3 cars is all the dealership is getting.He said there won't be a MY21 CS in Canada.
Appreciate 0