BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bimmercode topics

11-07-2017, 10:22 PM   #1321
dtmpower98
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F87 M2

Does making the angel eyes 100% brightness really accelerate headlight cover yellowing? Heard this from another m2 owner
Follow me on Instagram- @dtmpower98
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 01:34 AM   #1322
XProject
Private
Rep
Drives: Car

I just did it today including removing legal disclaimer and video in motion. I didn't run into any issue. I suggest putting your phone into airplane mode to reduce interruption while coding. Also, do the coding while your engine is running so that iDrive won't shut off in the middle of the process.
Appreciate 1
AndrewC198910931.00
      11-08-2017, 07:43 AM   #1323
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmpower98 View Post
Does making the angel eyes 100% brightness really accelerate headlight cover yellowing? Heard this from another m2 owner
Absolutely not, I call BS on that.

The angel eyes are LEDs, they'll have little to no impact on the headlight covers.

I have had mine cranked on my MY16 for well over a year now and there is zero evidence of any change.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 12:34 PM   #1324
Zippin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW F33 M

I bought bimmercode software on iTunes and while I successfully coded some options I'm experiencing some problems with enabling wifi hotspot. I've searched the forums for a solution but can't find the answers. I have a 2017 F33 with id5 idrive and factory enabled Carplay. The wifi hotspot option was not on idrive menu nor was wifi on / off checkbox. I coded in expert mode wifi direct and Miracast then coded in expert mode all the WLAN parameters as active which allowed me to see the wifi check box but no wifi hotspot. I have now 2 wifi signals one is the BMW my7vin# Carplay and the other is Direct-3-BMW-my7vin#. I can now check and uncheck wifi using idrive but I can't get to the options menu on my idrive to show / change the wifi name or password. Whenever I click the options button on the center console I only get "split screen / turn screen off". No other options are available no matter which menu I'm in.
Is there a way to code it in bimmercode or am I missing something like software / hardware?
I reached out to Stephan but he emailed back saying that he doesn't know why and I should ask forums.
Anyone with the same problem? Anyone knows how to solve it?
BTW I did some programming a while back and know how hard it can be to program without knowing the API or for that matter all of the parameters and their dependencies.
Kudos to Stephan for getting us this far.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 03:16 PM   #1325
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
The developer should know that reaching out to the dealer is the last thing you want to have to do if you're having coding errors!
Not sure what kind of relationship you have with your dealership but I actually had my car recoded at the dealer after i accidentally turned off rev matching and couldn't get it back on. Cost me $0 and got me an ISTEP update. Just said the car wasn't working properly and they fixed it under warranty, no questions asked.

Either way, these failures are not common, and it could have been your fault so don't be so quick to point the finger at the developers. You should be coding with the car running and with airplane mode on, like the person above me stated.

That being said, if you're uncomfortable using bimmercode because of the possibility of another failure like you experienced, you can always pay someone to code your car for you, or you can learn how to use E-SYS and do it yourself from a laptop. It's much safter since the connection physically exists through a wire instead of doing it over bluetooth or wifi where an interruption is more likely to occur.
Appreciate 2
      11-09-2017, 04:09 PM   #1326
scadagawd
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline6ax View Post
Saving Backups

If any of you wanted to save your backups or were switching from one iPhone to another iPhone, here's how, just figured this out:

1-Connect iPhone that has bimmercode to your computer and open iTunes
2-In iTunes, under your iPhone settings tab to the left click "File Sharing"
3-Click BimmerCode
4-Click Save to...
5-Save your backup to wherever you like
6-Connect your new phone, follow the same steps but instead of Save to...click Add...
7-Find your backup and it'll transfer it over to your new phone

Awesome. Was looking for this. Thanks.
Appreciate 1
NO_USER_537.50
      11-09-2017, 04:12 PM   #1327
NO_USER_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by scadagawd View Post
Awesome. Was looking for this. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 04:48 PM   #1328
scadagawd
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

My 2018 LCI has adaptive LED headlights but no cornering lights which I find helpful. Does anybody know if Bimmercode allow coding cornering lights?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 04:52 PM   #1329
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Quote:
My 2018 LCI has adaptive LED headlights but no cornering lights which I find helpful. Does anybody know if Bimmercode allow coding cornering lights?
Isnt the adpative feature of the LEDs the feature responsible for the lights cornering?
      11-09-2017, 04:55 PM   #1330
scadagawd
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
Quote:
Isnt the adpative feature of the LEDs the feature responsible for the lights cornering?
Not really. It adapts to shallow corners on a highway but not really like cornering lights when you make a left or right turn from an intersection.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 08:06 PM   #1331
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Not really. It adapts to shallow corners on a highway but not really like cornering lights when you make a left or right turn from an intersection.
Really? Here is the bmw definition of adaptive headlights:

"Adaptive headlights are an active safety feature designed to make driving at night or in low-light conditions safer by increasing visibility around curves and over hills."
      11-09-2017, 08:12 PM   #1332
scadagawd
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
Quote:
Really? Here is the bmw definition of adaptive headlights:

"Adaptive headlights are an active safety feature designed to make driving at night or in low-light conditions safer by increasing visibility around curves and over hills."
It's "curves" as the root word, not 90 deg corners. my wife's X1 has cornering lights but not adaptive lights. I'm just curious whether BimmerCode can code to turn on corner lights?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 08:26 PM   #1333
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
It's "curves" as the root word, not 90 deg corners. my wife's X1 has cornering lights but not adaptive lights. I'm just curious whether BimmerCode can code to turn on corner lights?
Ok. I got that now. You literally meant 'cornering'... Yea, I didnt even know they had those!
JB330Ci55.00
      11-10-2017, 06:22 AM   #1334
Mankey
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

hey guys, just started using the bimmercode app.

Does anyone know if there's an option to permanently activate adaptive lights?

Also is it possible to make the drivers side wing mirror tilt downwards upon reverse?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 06:22 AM   #1335
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
No. The M2 is not equipped with the mechanical parts needed for this.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 06:26 AM   #1336
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankey View Post
hey guys, just started using the bimmercode app.

Does anyone know if there's an option to permanently activate adaptive lights?

Also is it possible to make the drivers side wing mirror tilt downwards upon reverse?
What do you mean by permanently activate adaptive lights? If your car came equipped with them from the, then they'll always be active when your lights are on.

And yes, you can make the mirror tilt down and adjust the angle. Your car should already come like this from the factory - make sure your mirror select switch is set to the left (or maybe right...can't remember) so that it triggers it.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 09:36 AM   #1337
ModestV8
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Apologize in advance if this was covered, Is coding possible to change the instrument cluster lighting?

More specifically, I'd want to do away with the orange and stick with the colors on the bottom, the (white/blue/red) colors look nice.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 09:56 AM   #1338
Mankey
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
What do you mean by permanently activate adaptive lights? If your car came equipped with them from the, then they'll always be active when your lights are on.

And yes, you can make the mirror tilt down and adjust the angle. Your car should already come like this from the factory - make sure your mirror select switch is set to the left (or maybe right...can't remember) so that it triggers it.
I have automatic lights enabled, but if I want them to be adaptive I need to press an additional button every-time on the indicator lever. When turning the car off and on the adaptive lights go back to off as default.

Only the passenger mirror tilts on reverse which is what is normal, I'm trying to work out if the driver side mirror can tilt too.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 09:58 AM   #1339
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankey View Post
Quote:

I have automatic lights enabled, but if I want them to be adaptive I need to press an additional button every-time on the indicator lever. When turning the car off and on the adaptive lights go back to off as default.

Only the passenger mirror tilts on reverse which is what is normal, I'm trying to work out if the driver side mirror can tilt too.
That is not the adaptive lights. That is the auto high beams, and yes you have to press them on every time.

I misread your mirror question - you cannot get drivers to tilt automatically, only passenger.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 11:12 AM   #1340
jonahk
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 Porsche Macan  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:

It's the left. I make this mistake often
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 10:49 PM   #1341
XProject
Private
Rep
Drives: Car

Is there a way to code it to remember the last setting for Driving Dynamics Control? Sport or Sport+?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2017, 12:31 AM   #1342
Zippin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW F33 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by XProject View Post
Is there a way to code it to remember the last setting for Driving Dynamics Control? Sport or Sport+?
I don't think it can. Look at Integrated Chassis Management - ICMQL. In my F33 it only allows for Driving Dynamics Control to be on when starting the car. Reading many posts I remember coders saying the car can't be coded to start in Sport mode.
Anyway why would you want to do this? You can easily change to any mode with the rocker switch.
Appreciate 0