BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > M2 CS or E30 M3 etc?

12-02-2019, 01:16 PM   #23
Proctor750
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 M3

As someone who owns both (E30 and M2C) it is a fantastic combo for ME but I grew up on E30s and other slow cars.
Learning to wring the neck of an E30 is a joyous experience on and off track and one of the most rewarding driving experiences I have ever had.

That said - most people did NOT grow up on slow, analogue, rwd cars under a certain age. The E30 can be driven very quickly - we prove that on track all the time with only 160hp in our m20 race car. But to the average person today it is Woefully under powered.

The E30 is a car which is fun to maintain maximum cornering speed and that's about it.

The M2 does the braking/accelerating on a different planet than the E30 (obviously) and some people would not appreciate the downgrade when switching cars.

If I had the money I'd have the M2 as a race car but I have an E30 budget there.

The upshot to a street going E30 is that you can "use" more of it's potential on the twisties. The M2 has so much more to offer but you just can't safely use it and it wears on you.

55 can be fantastic in the E30, it's boring in the M2. Reminds me of the difference between my old 80cc and 400cc honda dirtbikes. Loved them both equally but for totally different reasons.

Not sure where I'm going with this but hopefully that makes some kind of sense.
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50