BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > nissan g t...r you serious

07-18-2008, 03:21 AM   #23
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: ///M3

gtr=chuck norris
modified gtr=chuck norris.................on steroids
nuff said
      07-18-2008, 03:28 AM   #24
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Cars I would buy before the Nissan GTR

Not hating on the Nissan GTR because it's an incredible piece of machinery but if I had ~100K to work with I'd spring for the following cars:

BMW M5 Hurricane

Mercedes Benz CLK63 AMG Black Series

Porsche 911 Turbo
      07-18-2008, 03:30 AM   #25
HST
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335

i dont think this sonic guy has even driven a car yet..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 03:41 AM   #26
MrSteak
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe (6-speed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic the Hedgehog View Post
I dunno if I'm alone but I just don't understand.
Both.

It's one thing to hate (we all do it in some form or another), but to blindly disregard all the great things about a car is retarded. And the thing about money is... the M3 is slightly over priced, and the GT-R is WAY under priced. Sure there are plenty of options for $100k, or even $75k.... but none of em will be nearly as fast and capable as the GT-R.
      07-18-2008, 03:44 AM   #27
iNinja
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' E90 330i

haterrr

the GTR is a bargain compared to most cars in the same playing field out there
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 04:05 AM   #28
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

There's much more to a car than stats on paper. Or how fast it goes from A to B. Or, how much it costs.

What might look good could lack a soul. http://www.latimes.com/classified/au...,1179971.story
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 06:34 AM   #29
LAbeemer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 3351

I'm sorry but i have to take issue with that LA times guy, just cause he's not skilled enough to push the car to its limit doesnt make it "too safe". Sure it feels good to be on the limit and feel the car slip a little and then regain control but if your driving skills are not up to it then there is no way you'll ever get there. Like that episode of TOP GEAR where Richard drove the F! car and couldnt even push the car hard enough to get the tires up to operating temperatures.

But I will agree with heart and soul of a race car...... with that said with new technology surpassing old technology whats fast on the track might not be what gave the older race cars that "heart n soul". Alot of people prefer the F40 over the enzo because they say "thats about where Ferrari lost its passion for the road and adopted the safety and efficiency of the computer" Watch the TOP GEAR episode where they test drive the enzo and Jerromy Clarkson gives his speach about how he knows the enzo will drive circles around the f40 but he'd rather have the slower car with heart and soul. He still lists the f40 as his all time favorite supercar ever driver, (wiki search f40). But do you bring a knife to a gun fight? So supercars (cars in general) are splitting off from old school feel and a oneness with the road for a better performing car and cars that make people better drivers. IMO if i were super rich I would have one of each, a tool for every different job. Including a 1956 Jaguar XK-120 roadster or a 1961 Aston Martin DB4 GT. So lets hijack this thread and tell us what sports car has the most heart and sou l?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 06:42 AM   #30
NYBMW335
Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i jet black/black

The GTR is probly the best car for your buck. It is just an amazing car, all other cars even some at 100K + fall short compared to the GTR's Performance.

The great thing is that Nissan just Raised the BAR, by alot. And this car, at an era where sports car and high HP car might be history because of the price of fuel and with all these hybrids and alternative fuels cars coming to market.

The Nissan GTR will be up on top for a very long time.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 06:58 AM   #31
EastCoast335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 | 2008 335i

This may be a BMW fanboi forum but we are all realistic enough to give credit where credit is due.

I personally dont like the styling of the GTR but I think it is EASILY the best performance bang for your buck now, definitely surpasses the Corvette for that title... Well at least once it starts selling for below MSRP in two or three years.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 06:59 AM   #32
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYON View Post
Not hating on the Nissan GTR because it's an incredible piece of machinery but if I had ~100K to work with I'd spring for the following cars:

Mercedes Benz CLK63 AMG Black Series
+1
      07-18-2008, 07:18 AM   #33
pusha-t325i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E90

(EastCoast335I)I personally dont like the styling of the GTR but I think it is EASILY the best performance bang for your buck now,

I agree with you on the looks i love the R33 GTR Spec V. I think it looks way smoother than the R34 and the New GTR coming out but you have to give credit to nissan for creating such beasts. The only other problem ihave is they are not sticking with the RB engines because those are some monsters!!

Next mods: Blacklines, H&R sports, Koni shocks
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 07:20 AM   #34
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

uh, yea...you are alone. Oh, and you don't understand.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 07:45 AM   #35
VQMotoring
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335, F430, CLS63 350ZRTT, GTR

Quote:
first of all sorry about the lame title

I was just randomly surfing some sites and there is such a huge fuss about how great the gtr is and how dealers are selling it for way over sticker and how it laps the nurburgring blah blah

Then I see that it's about 75k without the mark up and I think man I would rather have a fully optioned m3 or something before a gtr

Doesn't anyone else feel like the words Japanese and sports car put together are just an oxymoron. Even if it is a steal at 75k wouldn't you rather have a real sports car like a 911 or m3. And with the car going for 25k over msrp just get an m5 or something like that

I dunno if I'm alone but I just don't understand. It's got a nissan symbol on it

If the GTR was a sports car then maybe,, but its actually a supercar.. Totally different category than a M3 etc...
I used to have a widebody 335 for like 8 months.. I dont think i am a true fanatic of a specific car manufacture, im just a true car enthusiast.. I think the GTR is one of the best Supercars for the price today!! Not because i have one, its because i have driven almost everything else out there and it holds its own.. Nissan definatly put everything into this one

P.S. on ebay they are selling for close to $120k or so. There is one on ebay ending today.. Check it out.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 08:12 AM   #36
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

SOLD OUT as far as the eye can see....nuff said.
      07-18-2008, 10:47 AM   #37
akack79
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3 ZCP

OP should have never started this thread.....
      07-18-2008, 10:52 AM   #38
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:

I was just randomly surfing some sites and there is such a huge fuss about how great the gtr is and how dealers are selling it for way over sticker and how it laps the nurburgring blah blah

Then I see that it's about 75k without the mark up and I think man I would rather have a fully optioned m3 or something before a gtr

Doesn't anyone else feel like the words Japanese and sports car put together are just an oxymoron. Even if it is a steal at 75k wouldn't you rather have a real sports car like a 911 or m3. And with the car going for 25k over msrp just get an m5 or something like that

I dunno if I'm alone but I just don't understand. It's got a nissan symbol on it
i dont mean this as an insult, please do not be offended, but every word in ur post is screaming that you are a moron and an idiot. again, no offense. and hey i apologize in advance, altho i still think it
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 11:10 AM   #39
2SwiFt29
2GR-FSE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M Sport

to the OP, you're one of the reasons why people out there think BMW owners are cocky and obnoxious... please don't ever post something this dumb again before sitting on the toilet and thinking hard before you go out and bash on a car that has a history in Japan. we've waited this long for the Skyline to finally come overshores and this R35 has hit it big coming to the states.. you're a joke.. Japanese and sports cars are a oxymoron.. LMAO

2014 Lexus GS350 F-Sport Ultra White w/ Cabernet Interior - Vinyl Wrapped Front and Roof
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 11:14 AM   #40
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

I have to say I agree with the OP. I do not hate Nissans (I grew up with a dad who owned a series of Datsun Z's and BMW 2002's) but I would never consider paying that kind of price for a Nissan.

Car enthusiasm to me is more than performance numbers. It is also history, driving experience, and that intangible of soul. For the same reason I would never buy a Lamborghini. To my mind they will always be wanna be Ferrari's made by a tractor maker. Maybe the day Lamborghini wins a race in F1 or Le Mans I would reconsider but until then...

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 11:20 AM   #41
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:

This is your problem.

The car proved itself on the Nurbergring....you just put blinders on urself and kept saying "BMW is the best...blah~"....wake up and get real....BMW is sure a really great brand....but there's many more other car manufacturers are able to create a car that can kick bimmer's asses....

Don't judge a car by its brand and its impression in US....if you should know Nissan's history....they've been making performance cars with Skyline for decades....
      07-18-2008, 11:24 AM   #42
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
I have to say I agree with the OP. I do not hate Nissans (I grew up with a dad who owned a series of Datsun Z's and BMW 2002's) but I would never consider paying that kind of price for a Nissan.

Car enthusiasm to me is more than performance numbers. It is also history, driving experience, and that intangible of soul. For the same reason I would never buy a Lamborghini. To my mind they will always be wanna be Ferrari's made by a tractor maker. Maybe the day Lamborghini wins a race in F1 or Le Mans I would reconsider but until then...
omg, i thought u only are an ignorant POS when it comes to politics, seems ur just a complete idiot too. if i were u i'd stop posting for a while, research anything ur about to post about then do it. stop embarrassing urself
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 11:28 AM   #43
MrSteak
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe (6-speed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post

The GT-R is the Japanese equivalent of a Corvette. They've been around forever, and have a long heritage/following in their respective countries. Both have proven themselves on race tracks, and as automotive icons. So wtf? Seriously?
      07-18-2008, 11:45 AM   #44
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSteak View Post
The GT-R is the Japanese equivalent of a Corvette. They've been around forever, and have a long heritage/following in their respective countries. Both have proven themselves on race tracks, and as automotive icons. So wtf? Seriously?
I am well familiar with their history in Japan. Back in the day I remember my dad and his buds at Z Car club meetings lamenting the fact that the Skyline was not available in the states.

It is simply that in my mind that level price tag is reserved for very few car brands and Nissan is not one of them.

This is a subjective OPINION. It cannot be right or wrong. You guys need to lighten up.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0