BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Hail Mary allocation request! (edit: Scored a 112 on June4 and delivery on Aug20)

06-22-2021, 06:35 AM   #67
BlauturkisGTS
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggins View Post
Congrats. There are now a bunch of us at the QC stage but it seems like there might be a parts delay.
I log in every couple days, today there is a change and it is in "Awaiting Carrier Assignment". Therefore, 5 work days from "quality check" to "Awaiting Carrier Assignment".

I wish it took longer, have barely driven my 911s due to work this summer and now have no place to park the M2!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 08:43 AM   #68
Stinkyweasel
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G80, G01 (LCI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlauturkisGTS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggins View Post
Congrats. There are now a bunch of us at the QC stage but it seems like there might be a parts delay.
I log in every couple days, today there is a change and it is in "Awaiting Carrier Assignment". Therefore, 5 work days from "quality check" to "Awaiting Carrier Assignment".

I wish it took longer, have barely driven my 911s due to work this summer and now have no place to park the M2!
Geez what an absolutely amazing problem to have lol.
Appreciate 1
      08-22-2021, 06:23 PM   #69
imOFP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2c, '23 Bronco Raptor

Garage List
Took delivery of my hail mary (June 4th) last minute allocation find on Friday 8/20. Just got home from the ~1500 mile return trip. Now time to relax and then wash it. SO. MANY. BUGS.

Winslow BMW of Colorado Springs is top notch. No bullshit. No games. They had everything ready to sign when we got there, and we were in and out in less than an hour including my pre-paperwork joy ride time. If you need a good contact for a reliable CA let me know.
Attached Images

Last edited by imOFP; 08-22-2021 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: add pics
Appreciate 7
Uscray134.00
Foggins1334.50
M3R12168.50
cncmastr1590.00
veenut28658.00
      08-22-2021, 07:32 PM   #70
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by imOFP View Post
Took delivery of my hail mary (June 4th) last minute allocation find on Friday 8/20. Just got home from the ~1500 mile return trip. Now time to relax and then wash it. SO. MANY. BUGS.

Winslow BMW of Colorado Springs is top notch. No bullshit. No games. They had everything ready to sign when we got there, and we were in and out in less than an hour including my pre-paperwork joy ride time. If you need a good contact for a reliable CA let me know.
Congrats. I am still not clear - is there an MPE for an M2C or not????
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 09:36 PM   #71
imOFP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M2C View Post
Quote:

Congrats. I am still not clear - is there an MPE for an M2C or not????
Yes. Sold as two parts, the MPE and the carbon wrapped tips. No Bluetooth clicker as seen with the OGM2 though, valves are controlled by sport/sport+.

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/product/8...EXHAUST-SYSTEM
      08-23-2021, 10:17 AM   #72
Capt Canuck
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: EX. '21 BMW M2C

Fantastic stuff imOFP
My 'impulse' purchase took about a month to sort out, you did your's in no time at all, lol
The more pics of that colour I see, the more I like it. Congrats on blowing through to the break-in service in 3 days of ownership.

You need to change the subject heading icon from a frown to a smile :-)

Edit: Way better smilie now! lol

Last edited by Capt Canuck; 08-23-2021 at 11:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 11:13 AM   #73
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Yes. Sold as two parts, the MPE and the carbon wrapped tips. No Bluetooth clicker as seen with the OGM2 though, valves are controlled by sport/sport+.

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/product/8...EXHAUST-SYSTEM
$4500! Plus installation...
Crazy stuff!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 04:46 PM   #74
imOFP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Canuck View Post
Fantastic stuff imOFP
My 'impulse' purchase took about a month to sort out, you did your's in no time at all, lol
The more pics of that colour I see, the more I like it. Congrats on blowing through to the break-in service in 3 days of ownership.

You need to change the subject heading icon from a frown to a smile :-)

Edit: Way better smilie now! lol
I thought it was a good idea, so I ran with it. Thanks! This is a really fun car, the frowning face was not befitting of the cars characteristics, or my happiness of scoring one of the last F87s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M2C View Post
$4500! Plus installation...
Crazy stuff!
Yeah... Probably better options for less, but the car was spec'd this way when I found the allocation, and truth be told it was a lot easier convincing the accountant of keeping the exhaust "that the car comes with" as is, than it would have been trying open the coffers to drop the cash at some point down the line. The carbon wrapped tips with ///M was bait enough for me.
      08-23-2021, 07:08 PM   #75
Capt Canuck
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: EX. '21 BMW M2C

Quote:
I thought it was a good idea, so I ran with it. Thanks! This is a really fun car, the frowning face was not befitting of the cars characteristics, or my happiness of scoring one of the last F87s.

Yeah... Probably better options for less, but the car was spec'd this way when I found the allocation, and truth be told it was a lot easier convincing the accountant of keeping the exhaust "that the car comes with" as is, than it would have been trying open the coffers to drop the cash at some point down the line. The carbon wrapped tips with ///M was bait enough for me.
It's like the good 'ol days of cars being on the lot and having to pick one, lol, TBH I think it's a cool stealth way to get into an extra - as you point out you might not have otherwise picked.

And there is no way that MPE isn't going to make giving it the beans more fun. You'll need a few early morning/late night blats through the I5 express lane tunnel just to confirm.
      08-24-2021, 11:56 AM   #76
imOFP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Canuck View Post
It's like the good 'ol days of cars being on the lot and having to pick one, lol, TBH I think it's a cool stealth way to get into an extra - as you point out you might not have otherwise picked.

And there is no way that MPE isn't going to make giving it the beans more fun. You'll need a few early morning/late night blats through the I5 express lane tunnel just to confirm.
That was basically how it was when I was looking. A number of cars were available but already in production with specs that didn't align. Felt very much like a take it or leave it, this is what the lot has situation.

I got very lucky and found a 112 allocation that I could customize still. Submit my build specs on Friday June 4th, and car went into production on Monday June 7th. I opted to leave the MPE on for two reason - good faith to the dealer since I am sure we over paid for the parts based on online prices and I didnt want to lose the allocation to someone willing to pay and ADM (which we didn't, and weren't interested in doing), and the second reason was as I mentioned - that it was built into the car price and a day one feature I got to use. I wish it had user controllable flaps, but nothing sport/plus modes can't fix.

We needed to spec one as wife cant drive stick, and she also wanted a sun roof. Weight/helmet space wasn't an issue since its a toy/garage queen and not our daily or a racecar (yet), we might be talking about getting an LCI G82 M4C w/ xDrive when they near EOL for this gen. Then all bets are off on the M2C.
      08-27-2021, 07:08 PM   #77
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
That was basically how it was when I was looking. A number of cars were available but already in production with specs that didn't align. Felt very much like a take it or leave it, this is what the lot has situation.

I got very lucky and found a 112 allocation that I could customize still. Submit my build specs on Friday June 4th, and car went into production on Monday June 7th. I opted to leave the MPE on for two reason - good faith to the dealer since I am sure we over paid for the parts based on online prices and I didnt want to lose the allocation to someone willing to pay and ADM (which we didn't, and weren't interested in doing), and the second reason was as I mentioned - that it was built into the car price and a day one feature I got to use. I wish it had user controllable flaps, but nothing sport/plus modes can't fix.

We needed to spec one as wife cant drive stick, and she also wanted a sun roof. Weight/helmet space wasn't an issue since its a toy/garage queen and not our daily or a racecar (yet), we might be talking about getting an LCI G82 M4C w/ xDrive when they near EOL for this gen. Then all bets are off on the M2C.
MPE is port installed, right? It's not a factory option so technically it didn't matter if the car was already in production in Germany or not. It could have been on the boat and you could still add/remove MPE.

Great looking car, congrats!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2024, 07:15 PM   #78
imOFP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Got a notification about this post today. Figured I’d update.

Still love this car. We are relocating across the country and I threw it on a carrier truck (Reliable Carriers) last Saturday to send it from Seattle to Orlando! Got the call about an hour before I planned to wash and prep it, didn’t have time so it got sent dirty. Car made it to SoCal just outside of Joshua Tree today. It’ll end up going into a car storage facility with our other car family hauler until July as we relocate and drive our Bronco across the country.

Excited for year round summer tires, less rain, and no snow. 🤩
Attached Images

philth198.50
      04-19-2024, 05:21 PM   #79
philth
Private
Rep
Drives: F87 N55

Awesome thread! Congrats on everything!
Appreciate 1
imOFP210.50