BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > 2017 BMW M2 Pricing and Product Updates (BMW USA)

06-11-2016, 08:24 PM   #23
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood74 View Post
At this point wait till the car shows up....
That should be August
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 09:12 PM   #24
///Mē
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
I find it very unlikely the US does not get the 5.0, what are they going to do on the assembly line...

"hold it, that's a US model throw the old navi in it!"

All 2 series and M2's should have it, just makes sense.
      06-12-2016, 12:35 AM   #25
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejdavidson View Post
Wow...if this holds true, very very shocking. Great for those who get MY16. Basically no advantage to MY17 unless the M drivers package is actually available.
He said the reason was that the M2 is built separately and they already have the older iDrive equipment pre-made for it. He also said that MY18 M2 would definitely have it, no question.

Getting into speculation, he added that they technically could change the iDrive 5.0 sometime during mid MY17 production, so maybe we can't rule out the possibility for a change next year sometime.

One more thing: I was talking face to face with this gentleman, and I asked him TWICE if he was SURE and he said YES both times.
He was also blowing complete smoke up your ass too...

All F87 have the HU_High2 Headunit which has iDrive 5.0 Basic capability but is running id4++ GUI. The I-Level update released last night, will supposedly release iDrive 5.0 GUI on these cars. Someone will confirm this fairly soon. Cars with 3/16 - 7/16 build dates have the official ID5+ HU part number (there are 3 versions of IDrive 5.0 : 5 Basic, 5+, and 5++). This version will be retrofitable with Apple CarPlay after it becomes available in August.

The Pricing Guide (which no one else has apparently looked at so far), shows the standard features only compatible with ID5, and the options in Exec Pack of wireless charging and WiFi hotspot require ID5 as well.

7ME - M Driver's Pack finally is mentioned and the poorly phrased reference was a bad attempt to avoid confusion that STD 840 - Increased Top Speed, an unusual code to appear on an M car, has anything to do with the additional top speed increase with 7ME which is a standalone option, priced at $2500 and is not discountable. The dealer is charged the same amount as the MSRP and retrofit will be the same amount as well.

Hopefully this ends any doubt.
Attached Images

Appreciate 16
      06-12-2016, 12:56 AM   #26
kylejdavidson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 - LBB, DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten

All F87 have the HU_High2 Headunit which has iDrive 5.0 Basic capability but is running id4++ GUI. The I-Level update released last night, will supposedly release iDrive 5.0 GUI on these cars. Someone will confirm this fairly soon. Cars with 3/16 - 7/16 build dates have the official ID5 HU_High2 Headunit Part Number that will be retrofitable with Apple CarPlay after it becomes available in August.

The Pricing Guide (which no one else has apparently looked at so far), shows the standard features only compatible with ID5, and the options in Exec Pack of wireless charging and WiFi hotspot require ID5 as well.

7ME - M Driver's Pack finally is mentioned and the poorly phrased reference was a bad attempt to avoid confusion that STD 840 - Increased Top Speed, an unusual code to appear on an M car, has anything to do with the additional top speed increase with 7ME which is a standalone option, priced at $2500 and is not discountable. The dealer is charged the same amount as the MSRP and retrofit will be the same amount as well.

This was so incredibly helpful. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 03:02 AM   #27
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wow...if this holds true, very very shocking. Great for those who get MY16. Basically no advantage to MY17 unless the M drivers package is actually available.
He said the reason was that the M2 is built separately and they already have the older iDrive equipment pre-made for it. He also said that MY18 M2 would definitely have it, no question.

Getting into speculation, he added that they technically could change the iDrive 5.0 sometime during mid MY17 production, so maybe we can't rule out the possibility for a change next year sometime.

One more thing: I was talking face to face with this gentleman, and I asked him TWICE if he was SURE and he said YES both times.

All F87 have the HU_High2 Headunit which has iDrive 5.0 Basic capability but is running id4++ GUI. The I-Level update released last night, will supposedly release iDrive 5.0 GUI on these cars. Someone will confirm this fairly soon. Cars with 3/16 - 7/16 build dates have the official ID5+ HU part number (there are 3 versions of IDrive 5.0 : 5 Basic, 5+, and 5++). This version will be retrofitable with Apple CarPlay after it becomes available in August.

Soooo, M.Y 16 will be capable of running the 5.0 ?
      06-12-2016, 06:05 AM   #28
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten View Post

I wonder if the other dealer meant that the M2 just wouldn't be getting any upgraded idrive hardware (higher res screen, etc...) but would retain its current hardware with the 5.0 update.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 07:27 AM   #29
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2M
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Technically yes, but it's up to BMW to update with proper software (incl. enabling CarPlay).
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 08:26 AM   #30
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Cool. I now wonder if he got confused and meant it will retain the past year's lower-res head unit, since he was talking about the hardware.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 09:33 AM   #31
omasou
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Where can we source details such as these for ourselves in the future.

Quote:
Where do we find these? The attachments are too small and unreadable.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 09:46 AM   #32
omasou
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:

So 840 Increase top speed limiter is now standard and 7ME M Driver's Package is an option that has no relationship to 840. Which is I guess what you said above?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 01:17 PM   #33
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by masou
Quote:

So 840 Increase top speed limiter is now standard and 7ME M Driver's Package is an option that has no relationship to 840. Which is I guess what you said above?
840 is a forced option code for ordering and internal vehicle management and has been on the M2 from the beginning. It's due to the N55 engine designation and base DME software package. Without it, the top speed would be limited to 137mph. This combination of a forced option and a charge option which contain the same three words as a description has never occurred before and is meant to give clarification for those using the internal system.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 02:02 PM   #34
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2M
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Technically yes, but it's up to BMW to update with proper software (incl. enabling CarPlay).
CarPlay has a small hardware dependency. BMW was the first to move to a proprietary Connected Car Open Source API with cross platform compatibility (CCC MirrorLink for tethered, Genivi for fully embedded). On its own, it could somewhat be compared to CarPlay and Android Auto themselves. Theoretically, any app or function supported by Android Auto could be directly integrated into iDrive 5.0+. With MY17 Connected App Compatibility, there will be numerous Apps available through the Connected Drive Store both online or directly from the car. Tethering with an external device won't be necessary unless the vehicle does not have an active data account.

Apple is being a bit stubborn and forcing CarPlay with a partially external integration to be adapted, which requires its own regulatory certification.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 02:47 PM   #35
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by masou
Quote:
Where can we source details such as these for ourselves in the future.

Quote:
Where do we find these? The attachments are too small and unreadable.
ETK (the electronic BMW Parts Catalog) is readily accessible through realoem, etkcc, and BMW.com (the global site only). If you're unfamiliar with this, so some research to learn how to understand the nuances of determining part number validity dates.

The Pricing and Order Guides for almost all MY17 are on the "other" site, but I'd wait a few days to make sure the correct release versions are added. I was looking at them through the internal system very late last night and someone was actively pulling, blocking, and re-releasing revised versions at that hour. Some of the MY17 cars are already sitting in port, some are in transit, and others are intentionally blocked for release (due to last run P1 status MY16 Spartanburg X series that were damaged in the hail storm. Customers were given the option to wait for an identical spec vehicle to be built in lieu of a repaired vehicle, but all remaining MY16 slots were no longer in change order positions, so MY17 first run is specifically for these cars).
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 03:39 PM   #36
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85
Quote:

I wonder if the other dealer meant that the M2 just wouldn't be getting any upgraded idrive hardware (higher res screen, etc...) but would retain its current hardware with the 5.0 update.
It's likely due to the fact the person is a BMW Genius Rep. I won't say all of them are unreliable when it comes to detailed information on system architectures and design, but the vast majority of them are trained to be live user manuals. For the most part, good sales associates use their Psychological Skills to achieve high closing rates and thus, earn a good living. Time spent on tasks outside of this, such as delivery and post sale assistance, is detrimental. The BMW Genius Program (it came from a collaborative group I was involved with), is run on a way that doesn't utilize the full potential possible, nor can it in certain states. The true limitation is the cap on the program budget. The pay plan isn't that high and people with an interest and ability to provide it with full potential are able to find employment in other tech area with substantially higher income.

As to ID5, there are a number of factors that influence what may or may not be offered. The Graphics output is one issue though it appears that is accounted for in the latest vehicle software update for cars with HU High 2, but there is also the touch controller. Not for its layout, rather, the G11/12 and MY17 and cars receiving the "official" ID5 update have no wired connection to a touch box controller. Instead, the controller connects directly to the headunit and includes an additional USB input specific to the controller inside the center armrest for Updates and Conneted Touch Device registration.
Appreciate 3
      06-15-2016, 01:10 PM   #37
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

So can someone elaborate on what you get in the $2500 M Drivers package?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 03:02 PM   #38
andrettifan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C; 2017 330i wagon

I don't even know what an "iDrive" is. The only iDrive I know is when I'm in my car in the driver's seat. Guess if the 2017 doesn't get it, I won't miss it.

Confession: I don't even have a cell phone. Really. I'm a Luddite.
      06-15-2016, 03:17 PM   #39
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos
So can someone elaborate on what you get in the $2500 M Drivers package?
Right now only the basics can be given:

- 1 Complimentary Voucher for an Advanced Driving School which must be completed. */**/***

- Supplement Tire Pressure Label

- Increased Top Speed Limiter to 270km/h after 1200mi and activation procedure performed.

* - Proof of previous attendance of BMW Advanced M Driver Training or BMW Precision Driver Training may be applied in lieu on condition.

** - Holders of valid SCCA, FIA, IMSA Licences are exempt upon presentation and verification of proof

*** - No credit is provided when alternative credentials are used.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 05:10 PM   #40
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
Cool. I now wonder if he got confused and meant it will retain the past year's lower-res head unit, since he was talking about the hardware.
The BMW Canada release says clearly the iDrive 5.0 will include the enhanced graphics and increased display resolution. It will need the new iDrive controller too, for the new buttons included with 5.0. So again, should have this hardware too.

I would assume if they do that for Canada they are not going to switch back to the old display and controller for the US. Though it is still without touchscreen that was in the 7 series iDrive 5.0 roll out.
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2016, 05:28 PM   #41
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose-1er View Post
The BMW Canada release says clearly the iDrive 5.0 will include the enhanced graphics and increased display resolution. It will need the new iDrive controller too, for the new buttons included with 5.0. So again, should have this hardware too.

I would assume if they do that for Canada they are not going to switch back to the old display and controller for the US. Though it is still without touchscreen that was in the 7 series iDrive 5.0 roll out.
I wouldn't think they'd be different either. I'll tell him this info and see what he says.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 06:39 PM   #42
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Quote:
Right now only the basics can be given:

- 1 Complimentary Voucher for an Advanced Driving School which must be completed. */**/***

- Supplement Tire Pressure Label

- Increased Top Speed Limiter to 270km/h after 1200mi and activation procedure performed.

* - Proof of previous attendance of BMW Advanced M Driver Training or BMW Precision Driver Training may be applied in lieu on condition.

** - Holders of valid SCCA, FIA, IMSA Licences are exempt upon presentation and verification of proof

*** - No credit is provided when alternative credentials are used.

Wait, so it's $2500 for a track day and a speed limit increase from 250 to 270 KM/H?

Ummmm.. no thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 07:43 PM   #43
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Wait, so it's $2500 for a track day and a speed limit increase from 250 to 270 KM/H?

Ummmm.. no thanks
I think the advanced school (if it's the 2 day) is upwards of $4k to $5k, so really not bad if you are considering doing the school anyway. I wish I had this option (if it's the two day school) because I plan on doing this with a good friend of mine next year. The full cost is a little hard to swallow though at $4k plus! I have a MY16, so early birds did not get this option.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 09:54 PM   #44
omasou
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHRAR View Post
I think the advanced school (if it's the 2 day) is upwards of $4k to $5k, so really not bad if you are considering doing the school anyway. I wish I had this option (if it's the two day school) because I plan on doing this with a good friend of mine next year. The full cost is a little hard to swallow though at $4k plus! I have a MY16, so early birds did not get this option.
I asked my dealer if the 7ME M Driver's Package is one of the normal M Schools, http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte.../PDS/#mschool? If the two day or advanced then the option is a discount on the school. If one day then no. Hopefully, he gets some info soon.
Appreciate 0