BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > M2 - M3 See Saw - Back on M2!

06-22-2016, 05:02 AM   #1
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

M2 - M3 See Saw - Back on M2!

Hello M2 fans,

Well I had decided to stray for the pack, had an M3 CP on order and was 2 weeks from taking delivery...then decided it wasn't what I wanted at all.

I'm sticking with my M2 allocation from W49 build.

Mineral Grey
6MT
Sun, Moon & Stars Roof

That's all
      06-22-2016, 05:13 AM   #2
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

That's the problem with having to wait. I'm toying with the idea of switching to an M4.
Somebody tell me to snap out of it!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 05:17 AM   #3
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post
That's the problem with having to wait. I'm toying with the idea of switching to an M4.
Snap out of it.

Go back to basics, what do you really WANT in a car. What will make you LOVE the car.

I got carried away with a good deal (on the M3)....but it drew me away from my original intentions and requirements.

I want that M235i 6MT 'feeling' back and cranked up to 11/10!!

Not long left for us all with a Petrol 3Litre I6 and 6MT, enjoy it while you can in good health!!
      06-22-2016, 05:20 AM   #4
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Good man

I was the same months ago about the M4,decided it was too big and wasn't really what I wanted,would have resulted in buyers remorse,selling it on and then losing a ton of cash.So I'm glad I waited,although the wait has been brutal (week 31 for me)

Did you have a deposit down on the three'er and if so did you get it back ?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 05:23 AM   #5
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post
Snap out of it and be strong,convince yourself it's for your own good,like giving up smoking,take one day at a time
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 05:24 AM   #6
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Lives View Post
Good man

I was the same months ago about the M4,decided it was too big and wasn't really what I wanted,would have resulted in buyers remorse,selling it on and then losing a ton of cash.So I'm glad I waited,although the wait has been brutal (week 31 for me)

Did you have a deposit down on the three'er and if so did you get it back ?
Hi man, great to see another UK poster in here!

Yes I had a deposit down with TRL and it wasn't returned too soon to delivery I guess, not over the moon about it BUT it's less of a mistake than taking the M3 CP.

I'm going to start a UK deliveries thread, will be sparse but was good fun in the F80 boards.
      06-22-2016, 05:40 AM   #7
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarChris View Post
Hi man, great to see another UK poster in here!

Yes I had a deposit down with TRL and it wasn't returned too soon to delivery I guess, not over the moon about it BUT it's less of a mistake than taking the M3 CP.

I'm going to start a UK deliveries thread, will be sparse but was good fun in the F80 boards.
Likewise

The deliveries thread sounds fun.

TRL gets a massive amount of trade,so they've done well,had the deposit from you and a sale on your cancelled order

I had to sign a disclaimer stating I would have to make up the shortfall of any sale if I cancelled

Edit:Not from TRL I hasten to add.

Last edited by Nine Lives; 06-22-2016 at 06:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 09:47 AM   #8
PhilL
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2, F15 X5 4.0d

The deals on M3/M4s do make it tempting it has to be said.

A 'basic' spec M4 is broadly similar money to a well specced M2 with current discounts but realistically I would want to load it with options, individual paint and comp pack which would widen the gap back out somewhat

It would also get away from what I wanted from this car; namely a nimble, fast and fun car with just enough practicality and relative discretion as a DD (also have an X5 and company vans to cover other bases).

I only really considered the M4 as I couldn't find a sensible M2 build slot but then a spot of good fortune smiled on me

TBH even if I decide down the line I want an M4 (which I doubt), I figure I could pick one up very easily by comparison without losing too much on the M2 which I'm not so sure of in the reverse situation.
Appreciate 2
      06-23-2016, 05:09 PM   #9
Bmwhocr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 AW M3 | NB Miata

I've been thinking a lot about the M3 as well and to put it into perspective.. A base M3 has an ED invoice price of $57,020. That is so damn close to a M2 if you were to purchase now since US msrp is the best deal you can do. If the price is that close, then I think its a no brainer. Plus you get a european vacation out of it

Of course if you want a car that is more compact and feels more agile, then the similar prices probably doesn't matter.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 05:40 PM   #10
FrankMPower
CalcioGuy
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwhocr
I've been thinking a lot about the M3 as well and to put it into perspective.. A base M3 has an ED invoice price of $57,020. That is so damn close to a M2 if you were to purchase now since US msrp is the best deal you can do. If the price is that close, then I think its a no brainer. Plus you get a european vacation out of it

Of course if you want a car that is more compact and feels more agile, then the similar prices probably doesn't matter.
In Canada a base M3 is 75-76k and a base M2 is 63k , so i think its quite the gap!