BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Anyone in the Chicagoland area already purchased/ordered/on-list?

06-15-2016, 12:55 AM   #1
bimmer4life24
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Anyone in the Chicagoland area already purchased/ordered/on-list?

Did you score a good deal?
How far down the list are you?
Expected production date?

If you could also provide me which dealer, that would be awesome. Feel free to PM me if you would like to be private about this.

I'm trying to get a feel for the market in our area. I, myself, will be looking into ordering one around a year from now. Wondering if it would be wise to contact my dealer now if I'm in no rush of getting the M2.

It would be much appreciated if my fellow Chicagoans can provide me with any information they know about the dealers in the area. Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 08:35 AM   #2
nishmaster2k
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6Spd, '98 E36 M3/4/5

I'm #1 at MSRP, and I'm quite lucky.

No production date yet. My understanding is almost no Chicagoland dealer received anything except their HEA car so far. Perillo's list is crazy long.

I would get on a list now, if you can. The way these are being produced even being #4 on the list might not get you a car this year, and I don't know that any in the area have lists that short anymore.
Appreciate 1
      06-19-2016, 02:14 PM   #3
brrgofast
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
New here...I was #2 at Fields but they received an allocation yesterday so I'm next. They expect to get an allocation in the oct/nov/dec batch. Patrick had a wait list of 5 the last time I checked. Will be paying MSRP.

On a side note...are you guys DD your M2 and doing winter tires? If I'm in the next batch it will definitely come in the winter so I have decisions to make about winter driving. This is my first time living in real winter so I'm trying to decide what to do.
Appreciate 3
      06-19-2016, 02:36 PM   #4
bimmer4life24
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrgofast
New here...I was #2 at Fields but they received an allocation yesterday so I'm next. They expect to get an allocation in the oct/nov/dec batch. Patrick had a wait list of 5 the last time I checked. Will be paying MSRP.

On a side note...are you guys DD your M2 and doing winter tires? If I'm in the next batch it will definitely come in the winter so I have decisions to make about winter driving. This is my first time living in real winter so I'm trying to decide what to do.
I personally would not use the M2 as a DD. However, you definitely can use it as a DD. Just throw on some high quality winter tires, such as Blizzacks (plenty other options shown here on the forum), and you will be in good condition. I don't use it as a DD only because I have the benefit of an extra car. Just wouldn't want my M2 going through salt and snow as Chicago winters can be brutal.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 03:29 PM   #5
Bryan737
Registered
Rep
Drives: Lexus

Naperville BMW wanted 5k over msrp. I called BMW in Madison WI and they put me on their list with a deposit for msrp. Im #4 there. Madison BMW said it is unethical to charge over msrp and they never do.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 07:22 PM   #6
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
I was #2 at Motorwerks until they received their HEA. Now I am #1, and I received an allocation Friday.
      06-19-2016, 10:39 PM   #7
QM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS 6MT

Got an allocation from Knauz a few days ago. At MSRP. Early September production. Put a deposit down back in October and started as number 4 back then. Not sure how long the list is now. This will be a DD, so will be shopping for winter tires by the time the car gets here.
My advice would be to get on the list now as it seems like most dealers now get 1-2 allocations each round that covers 3 months of production. There are rumors here that the next round may not be until September or so for October-December production. It's quite possible production volume may increase with time, at least somewhat. But at the current rate, I would estimate that each dealer is likely to get about 8 cars on average per year. I would call them up and find out how long their lists are and do the math from there.
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2016, 08:18 AM   #8
nishmaster2k
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6Spd, '98 E36 M3/4/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrgofast View Post
Hey, that was me! Yeah, they just got the one car for this batch. Looks like it will be a week 33 production.

Crossing my fingers that you get in on the next batch.
Appreciate 0