BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > 2017 BMW M2 Pricing and Product Updates (BMW USA)

06-15-2016, 11:01 PM   #45
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by masou
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHRAR View Post
I think the advanced school (if it's the 2 day) is upwards of $4k to $5k, so really not bad if you are considering doing the school anyway. I wish I had this option (if it's the two day school) because I plan on doing this with a good friend of mine next year. The full cost is a little hard to swallow though at $4k plus! I have a MY16, so early birds did not get this option.
I asked my dealer if the 7ME M Driver's Package is one of the normal M Schools, http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte.../PDS/#mschool? If the two day or advanced then the option is a discount on the school. If one day then no. Hopefully, he gets some info soon.
It will be 2 Day school and only conducted at certain locations. Full details will be released soon.
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2016, 03:39 AM   #46
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

$4k for an M school??? guys you really need to do an HDPE with your local BMWCCA chapter before flushing your money down the toilet.

Most 2 day events cost under $500 and you have in car instruction the whole time.
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2016, 05:48 AM   #47
omasou
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
$4k for an M school??? guys you really need to do an HDPE with your local BMWCCA chapter before flushing your money down the toilet.

Most 2 day events cost under $500 and you have in car instruction the whole time.
I believe the events include accommodations but not sure if they are all inclusive or not.

These are driver training not driver school. More appropriate to compare to similar Skip Barber or Bondurant schools then add accommodations cost and BMW M car premium, when comparing costs.

Unlike driver school This type of instruction is not my car, not my tires type of event, so need to add that into the value.

All that said driver schools are awsome and excellent way to get seat time and practice once you have your initial education, however you obtained it.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 10:45 AM   #48
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

OK, I get it now.. but I'll stick to doing HPDE's with the CCA in my car.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 05:36 PM   #49
parrnan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT with the great MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by elinstylez View Post
No price increase and free upgrades
You are lucky because in Canada we have a $2,000 price raise and absolutly no upgrade...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 09:00 AM   #50
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrnan View Post
You are lucky because in Canada we have a $2,000 price raise and absolutly no upgrade...
Not sure what the free upgrades are. Exec package went up in price by $150 to pay for them and the wireless charging and hotspot are part if it. I feel for you guys though. 2 grand is a lot.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 11:23 AM   #51
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by masou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post

I believe the events include accommodations but not sure if they are all inclusive or not.

These are driver training not driver school. More appropriate to compare to similar Skip Barber or Bondurant schools then add accommodations cost and BMW M car premium, when comparing costs.

Unlike driver school This type of instruction is not my car, not my tires type of event, so need to add that into the value.

All that said driver schools are awsome and excellent way to get seat time and practice once you have your initial education, however you obtained it.
In Europe it includes meals and accommodations. It was also a slightly modified Advanced M Program that included portions of a module from the Precision Security Program and was limited to the Maisach Facility (it has long straights and a nice section of De-restricted Autobahn near by). Some recent reviews have indicated other venues are possible but one already had significant training and was a retrofit, while the other indicated he was offered another facility to choose. I rarely instruct for BMW Driver Training limited to a single program requiring specific maneuver only a handful of instructors world wide are certified on. Instructors are often the last to know what programs are assigned and any changes to the customer information.
Appreciate 0