BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > How are you passing time and staying entertained during the pandemic?

03-30-2020, 09:35 AM   #617
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Well that's....anticlimactic.
Sounded like it wasn't anticlimactic for the neighbor though
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      03-30-2020, 09:41 AM   #618
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Well that's....anticlimactic.
Curiosity got the better of her, then I got the best of her.

Like a good neighbor......Rudi is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Sounded like it wasn't anticlimactic for the neighbor though
POINTS!
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      03-30-2020, 10:15 AM   #619
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Speaking of people getting stir crazy, anxious and bitchy. Girlfriend and I stopped at a gas station Saturday, I went inside to get cigarettes, the girlfriend tagged along. Asked for the smokes, the cashier (a well obvious candidate for Ms. TN contstesant for Ms. Trailer Park Pageant, in her late 40's and looking ROUGH) scans the cigarettes. I pass my rewards card to save the $2.00, slide my debit card, then inform the cashier that I don't need the receipt. This is when she begins to give me "Mom Look" of "Boy you better get your ass over here when I tell you." I look down and see the sale is still pending, so I stay until it says "approved." The credit card machine says "approved", I say thank you and start to walk away. Suddenly, she begins yelling at me from across the gas station, "Inconsiderate assholes! There is another screen that comes up that asks you if you want to donate money to the needy but no one ever sticks around to see it!! I have to cancel everything on my side if you don't select an option ASSHOLE!"

Wow! It's not everyday you get yelled at for buying cigarettes from the person selling them to you. The girlfriend and I had no idea how to act. I just smiled and said, "Have a nice day." She replied with "FUCKING ASSHOLE."

Apparently someone is not handling all the stress, that jockeying a cash register at a gas station brings.

Your story of the neighbor in the townhouse reminds me of my townhouse days. I moved in to my first town house and met my second wife during this time. The amount of sex had after would rival the casting couch....I don't feel like I have to explain what this to most of you. They guy that lived next door let me know about 2 weeks in how uninsulated the walls really were by yelling at us mid-throw of passion "YEAAAHH, get it son!!! Make her scream my name too!!!" We both lost it laughing our asses off. Just for a laugh I had her screaming "JEFF!" We could hear him dying laughing. Six months later Jeff moves out and single mother of 2 moves in his place. She heard the sounds of our rigorous love-makery one fine evening and decides to bang on the wall. Being quasi-good neighbors we quietened down, but apparently she could still hear us. This was all prior to us getting married. Her and I took a break for a while and one evening I was grilling on the back deck while the neighbor lady was having some wine. Liquid courage gave her just enough gal to ask about all the noise and sex. Rather than turn this into a post that should be in the dating thread, I'll just end it with....yes.

Thankfully, my walls are not THAT thin. Will have to have my lady friend yell into her wall anyway, though.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      03-30-2020, 10:58 AM   #620
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
I watched Bad Boys For Life over the weekend. Was much better than I expected. Watched Underwater last night & meh
We went and saw it a few weeks back and laughed my ass off.
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2020, 11:10 AM   #621
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Speaking of people getting stir crazy, anxious and bitchy. Girlfriend and I stopped at a gas station Saturday, I went inside to get cigarettes, the girlfriend tagged along. Asked for the smokes, the cashier (a well obvious candidate for Ms. TN contstesant for Ms. Trailer Park Pageant, in her late 40's and looking ROUGH) scans the cigarettes. I pass my rewards card to save the $2.00, slide my debit card, then inform the cashier that I don't need the receipt. This is when she begins to give me "Mom Look" of "Boy you better get your ass over here when I tell you." I look down and see the sale is still pending, so I stay until it says "approved." The credit card machine says "approved", I say thank you and start to walk away. Suddenly, she begins yelling at me from across the gas station, "Inconsiderate assholes! There is another screen that comes up that asks you if you want to donate money to the needy but no one ever sticks around to see it!! I have to cancel everything on my side if you don't select an option ASSHOLE!"

Wow! It's not everyday you get yelled at for buying cigarettes from the person selling them to you. The girlfriend and I had no idea how to act. I just smiled and said, "Have a nice day." She replied with "FUCKING ASSHOLE."

Apparently someone is not handling all the stress, that jockeying a cash register at a gas station brings.

Your story of the neighbor in the townhouse reminds me of my townhouse days. I moved in to my first town house and met my second wife during this time. The amount of sex had after would rival the casting couch....I don't feel like I have to explain what this to most of you. They guy that lived next door let me know about 2 weeks in how uninsulated the walls really were by yelling at us mid-throw of passion "YEAAAHH, get it son!!! Make her scream my name too!!!" We both lost it laughing our asses off. Just for a laugh I had her screaming "JEFF!" We could hear him dying laughing. Six months later Jeff moves out and single mother of 2 moves in his place. She heard the sounds of our rigorous love-makery one fine evening and decides to bang on the wall. Being quasi-good neighbors we quietened down, but apparently she could still hear us. This was all prior to us getting married. Her and I took a break for a while and one evening I was grilling on the back deck while the neighbor lady was having some wine. Liquid courage gave her just enough gal to ask about all the noise and sex. Rather than turn this into a post that should be in the dating thread, I'll just end it with....yes.

Congrats, you really kept your composure!

I was in line one day paying for something....and I was using my finger to hit the prompts. The guy tells me in a sarcastic tone that it has a pen for using on the screen.

I grabbed it and broke it off of the cord that it was tethered to..held it up to him and said...this pen?

Actually felt like an idiot later because I should have just ignored him.
      03-30-2020, 11:20 AM   #622
M3SLOW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw M3

Corona

I'd been just staying home and catching up on shows I didn't have time to watch.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 12:18 PM   #623
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
I'm really fiending for some authentic sichuan cuisine!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 12:27 PM   #624
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Congrats, you really kept your composure!

I was in line one day paying for something....and I was using my finger to hit the prompts. The guy tells me in a sarcastic tone that it has a pen for using on the screen.

I grabbed it and broke it off of the cord that it was tethered to..held it up to him and said...this pen?

Actually felt like an idiot later because I should have just ignored him.
Thank you sir. I appreciate that. Definitely not the norm for me. When someone is an ass to me, I usually go for the jugular. Perhaps I'm getting old or I just don't give a shit enough to give it back to them anymore. I suppose in my age, I'm adapting to the mentality of "An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind."
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      03-30-2020, 12:53 PM   #625
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
"My Noctua CPU cooler wants me to torque it onto my CPU at 0.6 Nm. I don't own that torque wrench!
~ 5.3 inch/lb
~ .44 ft/lb
How would you all go about this, pls?"
Hang a one pound weight on the handle of your wrench, exactly 5.3 inches from the center of the screw?

Lacking either tool, my go-to rule for fasteners is to tighten them enough so they don't fall out...but not so tight that they will never come out again.

I don't have a micro-torque wrench handy, but would go with fingertips only on a large diameter screwdriver handle as a safe substitution. Of course, I need to point out that my aged hands bought the computer pre-assembled with the i9 processor....
      03-30-2020, 01:17 PM   #626
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

I want to thank the US Military. " Comfort" the medical ship has docked in NYC. The " Big Apple" is getting hammered with Covid-19. Thank you all for your services. God Bless.
Appreciate 6
M_Six16536.50
vreihen1614889.50
wdb4673.00
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13152.00
      03-30-2020, 01:18 PM   #627
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

I'm playing a MLB video game on my Mac. The MLB season started in my house. God Bless us all.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 01:22 PM   #628
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
I want to thank the US Military. " Comfort" the medical ship has docked in NYC. The " Big Apple" is getting hammered with Covid-19. Thank you all for your services. God Bless.
One of my colleagues is in the Air National Guard. He just got called up to provide coronavirus support. Yikes.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 4
vreihen1614889.50
ny325895.00
King Rudi13152.00
      03-30-2020, 03:00 PM   #629
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I decided to build a new i9 computer also. New Gigabyte mother board.
Got my Noctua CPU cooler yesterday, & that should be it!

Murf
Quote:
My i9, z390, Gigabyte mb new build is working! I only had this question, which I asked in the comp section here:

"My Noctua CPU cooler wants me to torque it onto my CPU at 0.6 Nm. I don't own that torque wrench!
~ 5.3 inch/lb
~ .44 ft/lb
How would you all go about this, pls?"

Answer: "I would just evenly "torque" down the screws to the point where you feel decent resistance and then stop."

Murf
I'm sure you figured it out by now but just tighten it enough where you can't do it without applying excessive force. If you can lift the whole assembly up by the cooler and nothing feels wiggly you'll be fine!

vreihen16 Yeah... The touchbar continues to annoy me. F1-F12 does stuff in Chrome that's more annoying, I'd rather have my screen brightness decrease than have a new tab open if I'm working on something.

/I did find a tool though, will update how that goes.
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3508.50
      03-30-2020, 04:23 PM   #630
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
I'm sure you figured it out by now but just tighten it enough where you can't do it without applying excessive force. If you can lift the whole assembly up by the cooler and nothing feels wiggly you'll be fine!

vreihen16 Yeah... The touchbar continues to annoy me. F1-F12 does stuff in Chrome that's more annoying, I'd rather have my screen brightness decrease than have a new tab open if I'm working on something.

/I did find a tool though, will update how that goes.
Yeah, I just torque it down enough so that it doesn’t turn/slide and is making good contact with the TIM. Tighten in a pattern like you would a wheel on a car - upper right to lower left, lower right to upper left, etc so you’re making sure pressure is applied evenly.
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3508.50
      03-30-2020, 06:49 PM   #631
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

It’s times like this, that puts things in perspective. It’s those in the medical/emergency, military, and of course, our love ones that will get us through this.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 07:25 PM   #632
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Name:  after.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  237.9 KB

vreihen16 Software is called BetterTouchTool, I was able to get everything I want on here. I also needed to move around the buttons; the BMW Logo/Pickle doesn't do anything (yet). I'm thinking of maybe putting a currency rate there but we'll see - I might end up moving my BTC ticker on the menu bar up top down here. Also could keep that and change it into a button to do something but I don't know if I need anything else. The emoji part also scrolls, and the weather part updates based on location.

But yeah if you want to customize it definitely give it a shot. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is the Apple icons, the eyes are for the keyboard backlight, lock locks the screen, the frame is for screenshot. The installed icon pack looks okay, but ideally I'd want actual Apple icons.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614889.50
      03-30-2020, 10:13 PM   #633
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

My hometown, NYC looks like something out of a sci-fi movie. I hope this Covid-19 curve starts to flatten. I'm trying not to watch the news while I'm home. It's depressing. Meanwhile, I've been doing a lot of reading.
Appreciate 2
Littlebear3508.50
King Rudi13152.00
      03-30-2020, 10:49 PM   #634
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Apparently, one of my neighbors (I live in a townhouse) has gone full retard after being in the house for a while. She keeps knocking on my door to complain about my TV/music being too loud. I never answer my door for anyone or even bother looking who it is half the time...

She knocked on my door one night last week & I didn't look. Fast forward to Thursday, I am outside washing the car & she comes out complaining about my "music" being too loud. It was a movie, but ok. The only thing on the wall on her side is my sub for my surround sound.

I moved it to the other side of the room. She knocked on my door again today. This time also on the window. I didn't answer.

I'm not over here suddenly listeing to music ot TV much louder than usual. Many months & now, all of a sudden, it's too loud for you? I get it, we're all going a bit stir crazy, but this is not how to handle it, lady!!!!! I guess she ran out of shit to bitch at her husband/bf about.

You bought a townhouse, should have checked this first. I've heard previous neighbors TV/music before & didn't go on a tirade. I should go rev the Hellcat for her.

Now the second half of this post, about all the sex. Now THATT is a fuckin STORY!!! *High Five*
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      03-30-2020, 10:50 PM   #635
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Since my car *should* be showing up in a week or so, I talked the Minister of War & Finance into letting me do a last splurge on the BavSound Stage I speaker kit and associated subwoofers.

I sold it as "I'll be locked down with you for at least a month (I have vacation in April and am only working the first six days), and it'll give me something to do and keep me out of your hair and in the garage."

That did the trick.

R.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 06:43 AM   #636
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

been keeping an eye on real estate. there are some reasonably priced rentals starting to trickle into the market.
      03-31-2020, 07:33 AM   #637
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Angry

Quote:
Apparently, one of my neighbors (I live in a townhouse) has gone full retard after being in the house for a while. She keeps knocking on my door to complain about my TV/music being too loud. I never answer my door for anyone or even bother looking who it is half the time...

She knocked on my door one night last week & I didn't look. Fast forward to Thursday, I am outside washing the car & she comes out complaining about my "music" being too loud. It was a movie, but ok. The only thing on the wall on her side is my sub for my surround sound.

I moved it to the other side of the room. She knocked on my door again today. This time also on the window. I didn't answer.

I'm not over here suddenly listeing to music ot TV much louder than usual. Many months & now, all of a sudden, it's too loud for you? I get it, we're all going a bit stir crazy, but this is not how to handle it, lady!!!!! I guess she ran out of shit to bitch at her husband/bf about.

You bought a townhouse, should have checked this first. I've heard previous neighbors TV/music before & didn't go on a tirade. I should go rev the Hellcat for her.
Ok guys, this bitch has officially gone full asshole & it's time to make her life hell.

My lady friend is over & we're eating dinner when the cops show up at my door last night. Not at 2 AM, not at 10 PM...at 8 PM! They got a noise complaint from the cunt next door.

So being the mature adult that I am, I decided to turn it up until 10 PM. I hope she enjoyed such fine deep cuts as MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This & Cypress Hill - How I Could Just Kill A Man. Next round, I will hit her with more amazing tracks that also have some nice bass. I also decided to yell such one liners as "Can you hear me now?" Into her wall. I doubt she heard that stuff, but damn it was fun.

I think I'm going to sign her up for as much porn shit as I can too. So.........what do my internet friends say I should do next?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 07:35 AM   #638
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
been keeping an eye on real estate. there are some reasonably priced rentals starting to trickle into the market.
Still overpriced over here. I need real world rental pricing to come back to PA. I need to find a place to live.
Appreciate 0