BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Negotiating european delivery

05-13-2020, 09:25 AM   #23
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall834 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Status 105: Order out of production

My dealer said BMW has flipped all available orders to that status and the last time the dealer saw this approach was with the 7 series last year. BMW will build out ordered cars with customers prior to Covid as MY20 and do a VIN change for new orders and build for MY21
Interesting, are you saying that all orders pre-covid will be MY2020 and orders post-covid are 2021, just based on capacity/demand?
To a certain extent. All new orders within the last week (when I first inquired) are shifted to MY21. Dealers putting in orders cannot even select an available build at MY20 because they're seeing them in 105 status.

However, there may be some dealers that have already locked in allocation for MY20, which if they find a customer, it will be prioritized as a customer build.

All I know is if you want to order a M2C right now, it will be MY21 and this seems to be the case for a few members who have already posted about this. Even when my build is put in the system, the dealer is still waiting to hear from BMWNA to apportion the dealer allocation.

Sorry I can't be more specific because there are a lot of grey areas. I'm sure we will know more after 5/18 when production gets ranked back up
      05-13-2020, 09:47 AM   #24
marshall834
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
To a certain extent. All new orders within the last week (when I first inquired) are shifted to MY21. Dealers putting in orders cannot even select an available build at MY20 because they're seeing them in 105 status.

However, there may be some dealers that have already locked in allocation for MY20, which if they find a customer, it will be prioritized as a customer build.

All I know is if you want to order a M2C right now, it will be MY21 and this seems to be the case for a few members who have already posted about this. Even when my build is put in the system, the dealer is still waiting to hear from BMWNA to apportion the dealer allocation.

Sorry I can't be more specific because there are a lot of grey areas. I'm sure we will know more after 5/18 when production gets ranked back up
That's great to hear! I'm waiting to hear back on my top 3 pick up dates. Considering the information you provided, I would expect my order to be a '21 as I just submitted yesterday.

Of course we'll find out for sure over the next few weeks and I'll update this thread once I do. Here comes the "patiently" waiting part.
E46 323ci
B6 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 01:15 PM   #25
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
That's great to hear! I'm waiting to hear back on my top 3 pick up dates. Considering the information you provided, I would expect my order to be a '21 as I just submitted yesterday.

Of course we'll find out for sure over the next few weeks and I'll update this thread once I do. Here comes the "patiently" waiting part.
What dates did you go for? I submitted end of Sept.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 02:33 PM   #26
marshall834
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82PRETEND View Post
What dates did you go for? I submitted end of Sept.
Mid August (my birthday), then two different weeks in September. I tried to push out as late as possible as this whole COVID situtation makes me nervous.
E46 323ci
B6 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 06:05 PM   #27
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Mid August (my birthday), then two different weeks in September. I tried to push out as late as possible as this whole COVID situtation makes me nervous.
Gotcha...I agree. I am thinking either August 1, August 15 or September 1 will be a "magic date."

My preferred date is September 30, ideally in the afternoon. I want that date because it will correspond with my ring lapping date, but also, I'd love to be "the last one" if I can get away with it. If we're all honest, the last ED should be a 6MT M2.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 09:03 PM   #28
marshall834
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82PRETEND View Post
Gotcha...I agree. I am thinking either August 1, August 15 or September 1 will be a "magic date."

My preferred date is September 30, ideally in the afternoon. I want that date because it will correspond with my ring lapping date, but also, I'd love to be "the last one" if I can get away with it. If we're all honest, the last ED should be a 6MT M2.
Brilliant, didn't think of that! And yes - the last car should certainly be a manual M2C! Not familiar with ring lapping?

There's a few of us ordering the ED. Should probably start a thread with real time updates with all the travel restriction updates!
Appreciate 1
00SH4WN84.50
      05-13-2020, 10:40 PM   #29
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Brilliant, didn't think of that! And yes - the last car should certainly be a manual M2C! Not familiar with ring lapping?

There's a few of us ordering the ED. Should probably start a thread with real time updates with all the travel restriction updates!
Done! See reference to my Ring threads!

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...9#post26174109
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 05:10 PM   #30
v6coupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Anyone know a dealer somewhat local to the Washington DC metro area with allocations? The dealer I've been working with told me today they are out of M2 Competition allocations for European delivery.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 05:37 PM   #31
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6coupe View Post
Anyone know a dealer somewhat local to the Washington DC metro area with allocations? The dealer I've been working with told me today they are out of M2 Competition allocations for European delivery.
It's better to search nationally for M2 ED allocations. Popular metro areas may not even want to do ED since they lose a future allocation.

And another beauty of doing ED is the fact that you can use any dealer you want