BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 437M Wheel repair

07-25-2020, 09:01 AM   #1
matt_junglist
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2

437M Wheel repair

Just thought I would share my experience with repairing a 437M wheel.

Caught one of my wheels on a kerb width restrictor last week, much to my annoyance

Didn't really want to get the whole thing re-machined so ended up going with a smart repair.

Very impressed with the results, almost impossible to tell. If you get really close and know where it is then you can just about see a slight change from the machining grain in the metal but would never notice it if you didn't know it was there.

All in all I would say 90-95% as good as new which I am happy with. Ultimately I didn't want to leave it and risk getting water in behind the damaged lacquer so would definitely recommend. Key is to find someone who has experience with these wheels, as the guy I used had done many of the same wheels and had the exact smoked lacquer colour to match it
Attached Images

Appreciate 0