BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Any KW DDC adaptive suspension reviews?

04-27-2020, 05:16 PM   #1
325d
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325d

Any KW DDC adaptive suspension reviews?

As tipic says.. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 04:11 PM   #2
dtmurf
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
1996 BMW 318is  [4.75]
2012 Audi Q5  [4.50]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325d View Post
Any KW DDC adaptive suspension reviews.
I'm very happy with it. I’m not a suspension expert, far from it but I wanted… needed the ride to be more compliant (softer) day to day but retain the firmness for when I had an opportunity to use it. As the car should have come with the adjustable system the M3/M4 has, I looked to replace it and the KW DDC was the only option.

I've had it on the car (OG/17) for almost a year and it has changed the whole driving experience. At the minute, I live in the south of Belgium; if they don’t have the worst roads in Europe, they are certainly in the running for that accolade. The sock suspension was way too firm for local road and was really too hard to live with, especially for the passenger who has nothing to hold on to.

With the DDC, you get the stock like Comfort, Sport, and Sport Plus options at the push of a button.

The Comfort setting is nice for daily driving. The car feels really solid, no noticeably body role and you don't feel tired or beat up after a road trip.

The Sport setting is pretty much the same as stock, maybe just a little less firm but only a very small amount if any.

The Sport Plus is rock hard…rock!

I also have the WLAN Module which you connect to with an App. My only criticism is with the App or more correctly, with the lack of information on making adjustments within the App. I would like to play more with the setting through the App but there is zero information on setting with the App. Maybe it's obvious to some but I'd like more information to ensure I'm not messing it up. It might just be my research skills but all I can find online is general information about what you can do with the App.

Last edited by dtmurf; 05-29-2020 at 06:52 PM..
Appreciate 2
Kankles1484.50
      05-10-2020, 06:04 AM   #3
dtmurf
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
1996 BMW 318is  [4.75]
2012 Audi Q5  [4.50]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
This is pretty informative. He's talking about rally and track setups for the most part but I think he gives a pretty good general understanding of what each adjustment will affect.

05-23-2020, 04:34 PM   #4
325d
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmurf View Post
I very happy with it.
Thanks for your input!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 05:24 PM   #5
TProfit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 competition

Has anyone thought about what it would take to retrofit the new standard adaptive suspension set up from the new M2 cs model for the og M2 and the M2c?

I want the ability to have the adaptive changes on the fly but I don't want to use an app. I'd rather be able to use the buttons already in the car for a cleaner look.
      08-08-2021, 01:49 AM   #6
m2c_6mt
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Bringing this thread back from the dead, but I don't think there's been much progress in the adaptive suspension department. TProfit to clarify, with the KW DDC you can use a button that's installed on the dash to toggle b/w comfort, sport, and track settings so you don't have to use the app. Honestly I'd prefer retrofitting the CS suspension as well, and getting camber plates! Has anyone done that??
Appreciate 0