BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > *** M2 Competition (S55) support now available with bootmod3 ***

09-01-2020, 10:07 PM   #1079
Kelvin1000
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition MT Hoc

Is it possible for you folks at BM3 to obtain the OEM tune for the new 2020 BMW M2 CS so we can flash the standard M2 Competition?
Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 12:18 AM   #1080
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.111 View Post
It is confusing but that’s what happned with my car at least. Once I got the dme bench unlocked, it started throwing the tamper protection code even with the stock tune still on it. Then I flashed the Stage 1 tune, the code dissapeared. My carly and BM3 software did not pick up the code after flashing it. I flashed my car back to the stock tune and the dme started throwing the code again. I think it’s related to the BENCH UNLOCK and once you tune the car, the tune hides the code. That’s my GUESS and I hope proTUNING Freaks can shed some light on this. That being said, since the car just went for service and not warranty work I’m sure the dealership didn’t do a deep dive to see whether the car was tuned or not. It just wasn’t throwing any codes with the tune on!
That only happens when someone has screwed up the flash or unlock in my experience.

Speak to PTF, I had it once after a flash and it kept coming back after relocking too.

Follow their procedure and it will go as mine did and stay away.

Last edited by doughboy; 09-02-2020 at 01:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 12:21 AM   #1081
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
Unfortunately I live in the UK so that act doesn't apply to me.
Same / similar applies in EU.

Warranty rejections have to be justified and related to any modification or non approved parts used.

Remap only affects drivetrain and engine faults.

My experience in the UK is they don't really care at dealer level. If they can get paid for warranty work they will.

I had loads of warranty work - including engine fuel pump replacement on cars with no BMW service history, DPs, maps, exhausts etc.

They won't look for maps etc unless they have to in the test plan. And the ISTA workshop software can't detect it anyway unless your daft enough to take it in with a tamper code up.

Last edited by doughboy; 09-02-2020 at 01:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 01:47 AM   #1082
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Same / similar applies in EU.

Warranty rejections have to be justified and related to any modification or non approved parts used.

Remap only affects drivetrain and engine faults.

My experience in the UK is they don't really care at dealer level. If they can get paid for warranty work they will.

I had loads of warranty work - including engine fuel pump replacement on cars with no BMW service history, DPs, maps, exhausts etc.

They won't look for maps etc unless they have to in the test plan. And the ISTA workshop software can't detect it anyway unless your daft enough to take it in with a tamper code up.
Not sure this is the case anymore. There is some autoflagging SW at BMW now where even if the car is not in for warranty work itll flag the car as tuned.

I do agree that it depends a lot on your relationship with the dealer. But in the end if HQ says no your stuffed, and HQ checks on all the major repairs.

As always you take a risk being tuned.
      09-02-2020, 05:39 AM   #1083
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
Not sure this is the case anymore. There is some autoflagging SW at BMW now where even if the car is not in for warranty work itll flag the car as tuned.

I do agree that it depends a lot on your relationship with the dealer. But in the end if HQ says no your stuffed, and HQ checks on all the major repairs.

As always you take a risk being tuned.
You got to "pay to play" as they say for sure.

Still legally, they can't reject warranty on unrelated items.

I never take mine to BMW anyway, indy since new.
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2020, 03:39 PM   #1084
blitzyo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 19' M2C

I just got BM3, flashed M4CS.
100-200 is 2 seconds quicker compared to stock with draggy with traction control on.

Anyone tried the CS tcu flash on our cars? It says it's in beta, so I'm kind of hesitant.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 03:53 PM   #1085
SimonBam
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzyo View Post
I just got BM3, flashed M4CS.
100-200 is 2 seconds quicker compared to stock with draggy with traction control on.

Anyone tried the CS tcu flash on our cars? It says it's in beta, so I'm kind of hesitant.
I ran the CS TCU from release until a couple of months ago, it was solid. You won’t tell much difference from stock unless you’ve got lots of torque in your map but it is good.
Appreciate 1
blitzyo53.00
      09-03-2020, 06:49 PM   #1086
Kelvin1000
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin1000 View Post
Is it possible for you folks at BM3 to obtain the OEM tune for the new 2020 BMW M2 CS so we can flash the standard M2 Competition?
Thanks in advance!
I would think that there are some differences in the way the M2 CS maps are tuned and calibrated versus the M4 CS.

It would be nice to have a copy of the OEM M2 CS maps if possible since it would be designed specifically for this chassis.
Appreciate 3
m20e30871150.00
Alfy79.00
blitzyo53.00
      09-06-2020, 01:30 PM   #1087
blitzyo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 19' M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonBam View Post
I ran the CS TCU from release until a couple of months ago, it was solid. You won’t tell much difference from stock unless you’ve got lots of torque in your map but it is good.
So, nothing like the GTS tcu where people are reporting smoother shifts and less jerkiness in low gears?

People were reporting issues with their dct after tcu flash. Not sure I want to try my luck
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 02:36 PM   #1088
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

UPDATE:
https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1755990
Appreciate 1
blitzyo53.00
      09-08-2020, 03:23 PM   #1089
NathObeaN
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (MY2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
I know I might be banging my head against a wall here but any news on OBD flashing for the newer S55 software? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 03:54 PM   #1090
msdss
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2020 BMW M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
I know I might be banging my head against a wall here but any news on OBD flashing for the newer S55 software? Thanks
Get some advil. You're going to be banging your head into that wall for a while probably.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 05:58 PM   #1091
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Is there any way you can add a sound to be set at a given rpm shift point? I had this on my procede years ago on my 135 and i imagine it's possible. It's a great feature.
Appreciate 3
mzcp2690.50
NathObeaN1307.50
Anthony1s755.50
      09-10-2020, 06:19 AM   #1092
Fantomen
Registered
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M2C / GLE500 / XDiavelS

A question from a novice. I've ordered the M2C signature exhaust from Active Autowerke plus VRSF catless downpipes and FTP charge pipes. What is the maximum WHP anyone has got out of a M2C with open catless exhaust with a Bootmod3 remap on 98 octane?

Last edited by Fantomen; 09-10-2020 at 06:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 09:51 AM   #1093
DAXXR
M2 comp
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

My m2c went in for a service the other day, the bmw dealer informed me that the car had previously been mapped.
I purchased the car from a BMW dealer, it was just under a year old, and had no idea it had been previously mapped.
My engine warranty is now invalid....
Only bonus is they did not install the latest locked software, so it still has 2018 installed
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 11:33 AM   #1094
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXXR View Post
My m2c went in for a service the other day, the bmw dealer informed me that the car had previously been mapped.
I purchased the car from a BMW dealer, it was just under a year old, and had no idea it had been previously mapped.
My engine warranty is now invalid....
Only bonus is they did not install the latest locked software, so it still has 2018 installed
So they told you that the warranty is invalid before anything even happened? I assume there's some type of disclaimer or warranty language supporting that automatic elimination of your warranty where you live.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 01:31 PM   #1095
msdss
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2020 BMW M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
So they told you that the warranty is invalid before anything even happened? I assume there's some type of disclaimer or warranty language supporting that automatic elimination of your warranty where you live.
If you aren't the one who flashed it, and you bought it from them, I'm sure there are time stamps or something that you can use as leverage to re-validate your warranty. That's some bullshit.

That being said... A co-worker had his warranty voideed on the used wagon he bought, because someone had put different wheels on the car. WTF? I think some dealerships are just cunts. I'd raise hell, and review bomb the shit out of those places if they didn't make it right.
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2020, 06:11 PM   #1096
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdss View Post
Quote:
If you aren't the one who flashed it, and you bought it from them, I'm sure there are time stamps or something that you can use as leverage to re-validate your warranty. That's some bullshit.

That being said... A co-worker had his warranty voideed on the used wagon he bought, because someone had put different wheels on the car. WTF? I think some dealerships are just cunts. I'd raise hell, and review bomb the shit out of those places if they didn't make it right.
Does it mean the reverse happens and my warranty gets extended cause some of the BMW techs that have worked on my car are seriously useless.
      09-12-2020, 06:11 AM   #1097
Kelvin1000
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks in advance!
I would think that there are some differences in the way the M2 CS maps are tuned and calibrated versus the M4 CS.

It would be nice to have a copy of the OEM M2 CS maps if possible since it would be designed specifically for this chassis.
Any news in this?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2020, 07:41 AM   #1098
DAXXR
M2 comp
Rep

Quote:
that is correct, it just went in for the two year service.

So take note: if you think by removing a map/tune from the DME and BMW won't notice, then think again, it's auto detected during a service and they send the report to HQ.
Warranty invalidated on the engine
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 04:00 PM   #1099
AZ-Wildcat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW HS M2C DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXXR View Post
that is correct, it just went in for the two year service.

So take note: if you think by removing a map/tune from the DME and BMW won't notice, then think again, it's auto detected during a service and they send the report to HQ.
Warranty invalidated on the engine
It sounds like BMW didn't disclose information and clearly didn't do their job while inspecting the car before resale, which is extremely negligent on their part. They should be embarrassed and you shouldn't stand for this. They sold you a tampered product, I would make them buy it back.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 11:44 AM   #1100
DAXXR
M2 comp
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Wildcat View Post
It sounds like BMW didn't disclose information and clearly didn't do their job while inspecting the car before resale, which is extremely negligent on their part. They should be embarrassed and you shouldn't stand for this. They sold you a tampered product, I would make them buy it back.
I am rather annoyed by the loss of the remaining one year engine warranty (UK only gets three years), but it's one year less I have to wait to install Bootmod3
Appreciate 0