BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust Waiver?

02-18-2020, 09:04 PM   #23
aeroglava
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C, SOM, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxified View Post
Wow that sounds great. How does it sound in comparison to your signature exhaust? The videos I've seen of the signature exhaust sound great and I was just about to pull the trigger on one. I wonder if they'll answer questions about what this is and when it would be available.

Last edited by aeroglava; 02-18-2020 at 09:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 08:53 AM   #24
Detoxified
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroglava View Post
Quote:
Wow that sounds great. How does it sound in comparison to your signature exhaust? The videos I've seen of the signature exhaust sound great and I was just about to pull the trigger on one. I wonder if they'll answer questions about what this is and when it would be available.
It sounds a bit more high pitch(race car like), a bit louder (although he could be cat less), and a bit raspy'er. The signature exhaust is a bit let raspy and a bit deeper with some high pitch rasp at high rpm and more well rounded sound.

So I would classify this new exhaust as a "race" exhaust and sounds like one.

The signature exhaust is more well rounded sound and depth to the sound.

Note I am comparing the signature exhaust to one clip or this "new" exhaust so I could be off on my comparison. Regardless I love my signature exhaust and am very happy with the sound.

Please get a quote on the exhaust from mike@x-ph.com (extreme powerhouse) since they provide very competitive pricing to forum members and that is where I got mine from.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 12:01 PM   #25
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Its gotta be their new equal length setup. That's the reason why the S55 sounds the way it does, the divided manifolds for the 2 turbos mean different down pipe length, and that difference in length is never made up for, hence the odd sound.

I wonder what pricing is going to be? I'm interested for sure.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 05:58 PM   #26
aeroglava
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
It sounds a bit more high pitch(race car like), a bit louder (although he could be cat less), and a bit raspy'er. The signature exhaust is a bit let raspy and a bit deeper with some high pitch rasp at high rpm and more well rounded sound.

Note I am comparing the signature exhaust to one clip or this "new" exhaust so I could be off on my comparison. Regardless I love my signature exhaust and am very happy with the sound.

Please get a quote on the exhaust from mike@x-ph.com (extreme powerhouse) since they provide very competitive pricing to forum members and that is where I got mine from.
Wow that is very cool. Thanks for the recommendation, I did reach out to Mike for a quote.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 06:18 PM   #27
Got f1?
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E46 ZHP, 20 X3M, M2CS

Quote:

I heard of at least one person, Tommy L Garage, that complained of droning. Do you have any issues with that?

I am struggling to decide between AA Signature and AA Mid-pipe with Remus. The Signature would be about $700 less which would make it easier to get catted downpipes from Turner. Really hard to decide when you can't hear all the different variations.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 09:36 PM   #28
aeroglava
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

What did you do with your stock exhaust? Do people keep it or what?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 09:40 PM   #29
Detoxified
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroglava View Post
Quote:

What did you do with your stock exhaust? Do people keep it or what?
I kept it since I had the room for it.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 09:41 PM   #30
Detoxified
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got f1? View Post
Quote:

I heard of at least one person, Tommy L Garage, that complained of droning. Do you have any issues with that?

I am struggling to decide between AA Signature and AA Mid-pipe with Remus. The Signature would be about $700 less which would make it easier to get catted downpipes from Turner. Really hard to decide when you can't hear all the different variations.
Obviously drones a bit with valves open on the throttle, since the exhaust is loud. With the valves closed I don't notice the drone or can't hear it due to music. If I turned off the music and tried to listen for the drone I might be able to hear it but it doesn't bother me since it isn't loud. I also installed my exhaust with a few hundred miles on my car so I can't remember how the stock sounded in comparison.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 08:46 AM   #31
Conissah
Major
Rep

Quote:
I would hold out for a bit longer and see what the new AA and Miltek exhaust end up looking like. Both companies are dropping equal length setups, so if you want to try and tame that S55 sound, these 2 new offerings would be good options.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 03:55 PM   #32
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW N55 335xi

Will these pair with the AA mid pipe??
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 10:07 PM   #33
TheHoffmobile
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer28312 View Post
Fingers crossed they do! I just got my AA midpipe earlier this month. Praying they drop an equal length muffler that bolts up to their midpipe. If they do, I’ll be driving down there the next morning lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 10:32 PM   #34
Got f1?
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E46 ZHP, 20 X3M, M2CS

Quote:
I would guess not. To be equal length, it likely has to be made up in the mid-pipe or down pipes and mid-pipe. Eager to find out!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 09:09 AM   #35
TheHoffmobile
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I would guess not. To be equal length, it likely has to be made up in the mid-pipe or down pipes and mid-pipe. Eager to find out!
I hope it does. The midpipe is made up of several pieces attached with sleeves, so hopefully those can just be swapped to accommodate the new system. Praying this is the case.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 01:33 PM   #36
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW N55 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealtorHoff View Post
I hope it does. The midpipe is made up of several pieces attached with sleeves, so hopefully those can just be swapped to accommodate the new system. Praying this is the case.
I really hope so because I'm growing tired of looking at the stock muffler. Thing just doesn't look right back there lol. Anyone have an estimated price??
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 01:53 PM   #37
Conissah
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealtorHoff View Post
Quote:
I really hope so because I'm growing tired of looking at the stock muffler. Thing just doesn't look right back there lol. Anyone have an estimated price??
If we look at the thread over on the M3/4 page, you can see all the "extra" piping was used around the diff, to make the it equal length. Now, I'm not saying this is how AA and Miltek have attacked it, but I don't see any other place where they can make up for like 14" of pipe difference.

I would be very surprised if this equal length setup will connect with the stock setup, and all the other axle backs, at the point well in front of the diff. I just don't see enough room in the tranny tunnel to make up for the extra length. I could be 100% wrong though, as I'm sure both companies would know it's way more beneficial to have it be able to hook up to ALL the other axle back offerings currently on the market.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2020, 07:08 PM   #38
TheHoffmobile
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
If we look at the thread over on the M3/4 page, you can see all the "extra" piping was used around the diff, to make the it equal length. Now, I'm not saying this is how AA and Miltek have attacked it, but I don't see any other place where they can make up for like 14" of pipe difference.

I would be very surprised if this equal length setup will connect with the stock setup, and all the other axle backs, at the point well in front of the diff. I just don't see enough room in the tranny tunnel to make up for the extra length. I could be 100% wrong though, as I'm sure both companies would know it's way more beneficial to have it be able to hook up to ALL the other axle back offerings currently on the market.
I’m praying these are the pieces of the midpipe that will be replaced. This would make my day. Take a look. The midpipe is 3 pieces and 2 look interchangeable.

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 06:02 PM   #39
Reddevils7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2CS

Garage List
2010 E92 M3  [7.83]
2020 F87 M2CS  [7.13]
Quote:
I have the full signature exhaust. Love it, loud when the flaps are open in Sport+ and no drone when closed and cruising on the highway.
How low does your midpipe section that connects to the axel back hang down? Is it hanging down a decent bit compared to the differential fins? Mine has never scraped and has no scuffs but looks pretty low
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 07:42 PM   #40
Detoxified
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevils7 View Post
Quote:
I have the full signature exhaust. Love it, loud when the flaps are open in Sport+ and no drone when closed and cruising on the highway.
How low does your midpipe section that connects to the axel back hang down? Is it hanging down a decent bit compared to the differential fins? Mine has never scraped and has no scuffs but looks pretty low
Mine also lays this low… maybe the same as the diff. But no scraps here either. Can't see it normally when driving from the rear so it's no buggy for me
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2022, 07:44 PM   #41
Reddevils7
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 E92 M3  [7.83]
2020 F87 M2CS  [7.13]
Quote:
Mine also lays this low… maybe the same as the diff. But no scraps here either. Can't see it normally when driving from the rear so it's no buggy for me
Yeah same mine doesn't scrape either and can't see it unless you get down and look
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 07:04 AM   #42
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Yeah same mine doesn't scrape either and can't see it unless you get down and look
ahah nice diff protector

Also your exhaust now looks really good, fit seems to be perfect!
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2022, 07:06 AM   #43
Reddevils7
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 E92 M3  [7.83]
2020 F87 M2CS  [7.13]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooM2 View Post
ahah nice diff protector

Also your exhaust now looks really good, fit seems to be perfect!
Lol good point. And actually it's still the same exhaust! Haha getting the new one with the tailpipes trimmed installed on Monday. Rn the tips still stick out about 2 inches but you can't really tell unless you're looking at it from the side
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 08:54 AM   #44
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Lol good point. And actually it's still the same exhaust! Haha getting the new one with the tailpipes trimmed installed on Monday. Rn the tips still stick out about 2 inches but you can't really tell unless you're looking at it from the side
ahah well from the back looks good (height wise)
Appreciate 1