BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Are M2CS owners accepted into the M2 club???

Closed Thread

04-03-2021, 08:06 PM   #23
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Is this new?

When the M2C first came out no M2 owners ever waved at me...instead they tried to drag race me...may be that's the NEW etiquette these days

I do wave at M2CS when I see one
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2021, 08:14 PM   #24
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristobias View Post
Great post. I could sub in my 2002 for every time you mention E30. It stops people in their tracks and no one feels weird about coming up and asking questions and taking pics. I get flashed by anyone and everyone from modern BMW's to minivans. And I always acknowledge. With the M2 I wave at other M2's but rarely get a wave. I get most attention from young guys in 235's and 240's who probably aspire to an M2.
Yes exactly!! I had a 2002 and it was a big hug. It was a turbo flared car with an s14 ( surprise surprise right?) once I was followed for 2 miles. The guy was so happy I stopped at the warehouse. He said he grew up in one and we talked about old times. What a friendly car the 2002 model is and their owners as well.
      04-03-2021, 08:27 PM   #25
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflow View Post
I always wave and I think every encounter with a fellow M2 comp, they’ve waved back. OG M2s usually wave as well, but the one CS guy I waved to did not wave back

Granted it’s probably just him not noticing me on the other side of the street. I did have one OG guy actually make eye contact and then deliberately not wave/return my thumbs up, but most of them do.
Hmm. You do better than me. I can’t remember that last time I saw any flavor of an M2.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 08:49 PM   #26
kristobias
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgltw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristobias View Post
Great post. I could sub in my 2002 for every time you mention E30. It stops people in their tracks and no one feels weird about coming up and asking questions and taking pics. I get flashed by anyone and everyone from modern BMW's to minivans. And I always acknowledge. With the M2 I wave at other M2's but rarely get a wave. I get most attention from young guys in 235's and 240's who probably aspire to an M2.
Yes exactly!! I had a 2002 and it was a big hug. It was a turbo flared car with an s14 ( surprise surprise right?) once I was followed for 2 miles. The guy was so happy I stopped at the warehouse. He said he grew up in one and we talked about old times. What a friendly car the 2002 model is and their owners as well.
I have one of those too, 2.5L.
Attached Images

Moflow2484.50
ptgltw3777.50
      04-03-2021, 09:16 PM   #27
TargaM2
M///modifyer
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2015 Renault RS275R  [9.50]
2019 Renault RS280  [10.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 Audi Q2  [5.50]
To be honest I'm pleasantly surprised an M2CS owner would want to associate with or even acknowledge other M2/M2C owners.
From what I've seen CS owners on this site come across as the types that for some unknown reason seem to think the sun shines out of their arse & that the CS has nothing in common with other M2s.
DrKevM52273.50
Robin_NL8717.00
      04-03-2021, 09:38 PM   #28
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargaM2 View Post
To be honest I'm quite surprised an M2CS owner would want to associate with or even acknowledge other M2/M2C owners.
From what I've seen many of the CS owners on this site come across as arogant types that seem to think the sun shines out of their arse & that the CS has nothing in common with other M2s.
I dunno if that's really true. The only time it gets brought up is when comp owners try to tell CS owners that they wasted $25K. At which point CS owners say the exact same thing I'd say to a Mustang owner trying to tell me I wasted my money on the comp "Cool story. Your car is a very good car in its own right, but it costs less because it's demonstrably not as good."

I don't think a single CS owner on this board believes that the Competition isn't a good car, they're just tired of hearing "Well the CS isn't a good value for me, therefore it shouldn't be a good value to you either."
Appreciate 4
MDuckie93.00
cptobvious2531.50
F87EVO4033.00
      04-03-2021, 10:03 PM   #29
TargaM2
M///modifyer
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 Audi Q2  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflow View Post
Quote:
To be honest I'm quite surprised an M2CS owner would want to associate with or even acknowledge other M2/M2C owners.
From what I've seen many of the CS owners on this site come across as arogant types that seem to think the sun shines out of their arse & that the CS has nothing in common with other M2s.
I dunno if that's really true. The only time it gets brought up is when comp owners try to tell CS owners that they wasted $25K. At which point CS owners say the exact same thing I'd say to a Mustang owner trying to tell me I wasted my money on the comp "Cool story. Your car is a very good car in its own right, but it costs less because it's demonstrably not as good."

I don't think a single CS owner on this board believes that the Competition isn't a good car, they're just tired of hearing "Well the CS isn't a good value for me, therefore it shouldn't be a good value to you either."
Really ?
The chest beating is that bad from some CS owners on some threads that I now spend more time on the M3/4 forum so I don't have to listen to some CS owners trying to convince all & sundry (themselves included) of how wonderful they are because they bought a CS.
Yes I noticed similar behavior from a few M2C owners to a much lesser degree, however it was more about the virtues of the car than the owners. I'm sure it will all blow over eventually but until then I'll just avoid it & keep my stomach contents intact.
It's strange that it doesn't seem to happen on the other manufacturer forums of performance cars I own & frequent (even on the AMG forum strangely), must be a BMW thing I guess. Though I suspect it's more due to the fact that the other forums I frequent are Euro based rather than US based thus the members are much more experienced in the world of performance vehicle offerings & less of the inexperienced fanboy types.
Anyway as I said it's nice to hear others such as the OP 'a CS owner' willingness to acknowledge others with a similar interest.
F87EVO4033.00
veenut28658.00
      04-03-2021, 10:03 PM   #30
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
I always try to wave. Sometimes I am too slow as I am too busy staring at the car. M2C looks so great on the road. So if it is oncoming traffic I often miss the wave. I think the same thing happens to the other party a lot of times. If it is not in traffic or you are going slowly then waves are more common.
Appreciate 2
F87EVO4033.00
      04-04-2021, 01:14 AM   #31
scoale
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 /M2C/540

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 BMW 540  [0.00]
2013 Porsche Boxster S  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Really ?
The chest beating is that bad from some CS owners on some threads that I now spend more time on the M3/4 forum so I don't have to listen to some CS owners trying to convince all & sundry (themselves included) of how wonderful they are because they bought a CS.
Yes I noticed similar behavior from a few M2C owners to a much lesser degree, however it was more about the virtues of the car than the owners. I'm sure it will all blow over eventually but until then I'll just avoid it & keep my stomach contents intact.
It's strange that it doesn't seem to happen on the other manufacturer forums of performance cars I own & frequent (even on the AMG forum strangely), must be a BMW thing I guess. Though I suspect it's more due to the fact that the other forums I frequent are Euro based rather than US based thus the members are much more experienced in the world of performance vehicle offerings & less of the inexperienced fanboy types.
Anyway as I said it's nice to hear others such as the OP 'a CS owner' willingness to acknowledge others with a similar interest.
The pissing matches are not limited to M2/M2c/M2cs owners. Exactly the same thing occurs with every new model: check out M3 comp/M3 cs threads, new G80/G82 threads, etc. Everyone is emotionally and financially invested in their choice and no amount of debate is changing any minds. When the G87 debuts we will rinse and repeat.

The M2cs is, by all accounts, an exceptional car. I personally think that it is worth the $$ and probably would have bought one if I didn't already have an M2c. I would definitely give the thumbs up to any owners I run across...which obviously won't be many given the #s....in fact, I go months between M2c sightings.
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2021, 05:56 AM   #32
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

I generally find the amount of love between M2 drivers (regardless of which trim level) is decent (I would say I get some sort of love 50% of the time), but pales in contrast to the e86 brotherhood.

When you are in an e86 and you see another e86, there is acknowledgment and shared love almost 100% of the time, even if you are in an SI and come across an M.

On the other hand, when I had my porsches, I found that porsche drivers are much less lovey duvey, probably coz a bunch of them are just in it for the flex and are annoyed by you in another porsche dulling their glitz factor.

I will 100% be very excited when I finally see a CS on the road and will definitely express my love!
Appreciate 2
ptgltw3777.50
      04-04-2021, 06:08 AM   #33
swampfox94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 F87 - M2 Competition

Garage List
I love seeing other m2s on the road. I get a cheesy grin and wave everytime, and no one can stop me!
Appreciate 3
      04-04-2021, 06:27 AM   #34
classj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328xi E90, X3 M40i, M2CS,X7M50

Honestly I gave up on listening to people’s opinions on cars a long time ago. Too many years (30) hanging at car shows. I can almost tell what someone is going to say when they walk over at this point depending on the day and the car.

There is always that guy that comes over and says, why did you buy x instead of y....this version is not worth as much.... this version is a tape package.... you couldn’t afford a GT2RS I guess....my cousin’s former roommate had one like this but it was nicer.

Of course, 9 out of 10 times when you say “tell me about your car”. It is either on cinder blocks in a field with a tree growing through it, in their garage in a million pieces, or they are looking to buy “one day” and currently drive a minivan. But don’t worry, when they do buy it will be better than your car.

I go talk to the guys with grease under their fingernails and clearly spent thousands of hours working on their own car. Much more interesting.
Appreciate 7
cptobvious2531.50
f80_MG563.50
scoale683.00
DrKevM52273.50
Davil6524.50
      04-04-2021, 09:52 AM   #35
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by classj View Post
Honestly I gave up on listening to people's opinions on cars a long time ago. Too many years (30) hanging at car shows. I can almost tell what someone is going to say when they walk over at this point depending on the day and the car.

There is always that guy that comes over and says, why did you buy x instead of y....this version is not worth as much.... this version is a tape package.... you couldn't afford a GT2RS I guess....my cousin's former roommate had one like this but it was nicer.

Of course, 9 out of 10 times when you say "tell me about your car". It is either on cinder blocks in a field with a tree growing through it, in their garage in a million pieces, or they are looking to buy "one day" and currently drive a minivan. But don't worry, when they do buy it will be better than your car.

I go talk to the guys with grease under their fingernails and clearly spent thousands of hours working on their own car. Much more interesting.
Loved your post; how bloody true that is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmed Out View Post
I will wave or nod to other ///M drivers, just like I always have. If they don't wave back, I couldn't possibly care less.

You see, I'm driving my M2 CS when it happens
nuff said
Bimmed Out1908.50
      04-04-2021, 09:54 AM   #36
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

I will wave or nod to other ///M drivers, just like I always have. If they don't wave back, I couldn't possibly care less. You see, I'm driving my M2 CS when it happens.
Appreciate 2
f80_MG563.50
      04-04-2021, 12:03 PM   #37
scoale
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 /M2C/540

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 BMW 540  [0.00]
2013 Porsche Boxster S  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by classj View Post

...I go talk to the guys with grease under their fingernails and clearly spent thousands of hours working on their own car. Much more interesting.
Great post. In my experience, these are also the guys that really love their cars versus those who are never fully satisfied no matter what they have and/or live in constant fear of something nicer pulling up next to them at the stoplight
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 12:13 PM   #38
Bingham
Private
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C LBB AA midpipe

Can confirm M2 love in Nashville...several thumbs up from other owners of same and other brands.

Still waiting to see a CS...I will certainly wave, if no return love may change my finger grip quickly!

Be well and happy Easter. B.
Appreciate 2
cptobvious2531.50
      04-04-2021, 01:32 PM   #39
Fuji550i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, E46 m3, E60 550i

Quote:
To be honest I'm pleasantly surprised an M2CS owner would want to associate with or even acknowledge other M2/M2C owners.
From what I've seen CS owners on this site come across as the types that for some unknown reason seem to think the sun shines out of their arse & that the CS has nothing in common with other M2s.
I don't know if that is a true statement. I owned both m2c and CS. I love the M2 in general and waive to a LBB M2c driver while I was in my CS. The guy didn't acknowledge me even though we made eye contact. Jealousy perhaps but I don't care. I love all M cars in general. I agreed with an earlier post that it's more of the individual than the car group

My believe is most CS owners can own a G80 M3 or M4 if they choose but decided on the M2 CS because it's one great car. Don't be a hater and enjoy what you got. If you think you M2c is better than the CS, then that's all it matter to you.
Appreciate 3
Hedoniste3834.00
MDuckie93.00
      04-04-2021, 01:53 PM   #40
veenut28
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2, 6MT

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Competi ...  [10.00]
  [0.00]
I so rarely see another M car around my rural area that I'd be excited af to see an M2CS on the road. I was stunned when a MB MT car arrived at my local dealership and keep hoping to see it around but no luck so far. I don't know that I'd extrapolate your experience with two local M2C to the entire ownership pool being indifferent or jealous.

The only thing that turns me off to the CS is the attitude of some of the posters on this forum. I get that it's partially in response to months of being told you overpaid, but some of y'all are out here acting like you discovered plutonium. Yeesh...
Appreciate 3
DrKevM52273.50
TargaM22489.00
      04-04-2021, 02:51 PM   #41
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by veenut28 View Post
I so rarely see another M car around my rural area that I'd be excited af to see an M2CS on the road. I was stunned when a MB MT car arrived at my local dealership and keep hoping to see it around but no luck so far. I don't know that I'd extrapolate your experience with two local M2C to the entire ownership pool being indifferent or jealous.

The only thing that turns me off to the CS is the attitude of some of the posters on this forum. I get that it's partially in response to months of being told you overpaid, but some of y'all are out here acting like you discovered plutonium. Yeesh...
Former M2C owner here.

Quite honestly, I feel like M2CS owners on this forum DID in fact discover plutonium, and gold, and platinum to boot.

If you were smart / lucky enough to buy an M2CS, you deserve a free 18 year-old Brazilian swimsuit model. And barring that, at the very least, I feel you deserve some rounds of self congratulation on a car forum.
Appreciate 5
RideM317.00
Davil6524.50
Moflow2484.50
      04-04-2021, 03:06 PM   #42
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Former M2C owner here.

Quite honestly, I feel like M2CS owners on this forum DID in fact discover plutonium, and gold, and platinum to boot.

If you were smart / lucky enough to buy an M2CS, you deserve a free 18 year-old Brazilian swimsuit model. And barring that, at the very least, I feel you deserve some rounds of self congratulation on a car forum.
Nah just the best driving Bmw arguably of all time. Yes I said it. All TIME. Did I stutter? Actually I do stutter in real life but it should come through in regular non stuttering mode on the internet.

After reading more and more comments I’m glad to be apart of the m2 CS ownership community. Most of us are humble, level headed and take the high road.
F87EVO4033.00
Bimmed Out1908.50
MDuckie93.00
f80_MG563.50
Davil6524.50
      04-04-2021, 07:36 PM   #43
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
I get that it's partially in response to months of being told you overpaid, but some of y'all are out here acting like you discovered plutonium. Yeesh...
Unobtainium more like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Former M2C owner here.

Unobtainium I tells'ya, they're almost all gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgltw View Post

Nah just the best driving Bmw arguably of all time. Yes I said it. All TIME. Most of us are humble, level headed and take the high road.
Humble and level headed until we Press M1 button, then the beast reveals itself
F87EVO4033.00
      04-04-2021, 08:45 PM   #44
TargaM2
M///modifyer
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 Audi Q2  [5.50]
Quote:

Agree 100%.
I have zero respect for someone just because they bought a car (any car) & if you expect respect for that your a moron.
Any halfwit can buy a car, all that it takes is a cheque book & in fact not even that nowadays as most owners on here lease them so they don't actually own anything. Once it's paid for you own it, until then you don't own shit.
I have major respect for someone that restores/rebuilds/improves/modifies, races/rallies/competes in a car. That takes knowledge, skill & experience.
Closed Thread