BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Noelle Performance review

Closed Thread

01-02-2020, 10:37 AM   #23
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 & M340i LCI

Appreciate the review, I have been considering a tune myself. Certainly brave taking on effectively a no name tuner based on some sales conversation.

This has all the hallmarks of a tuner appearing out of nowhere making claims without much evidence honestly. Sounds like its making great power for an off the shelf tune, the M2C is very conservatively tuned at the top end from factory so it's not hard to make significant gains.

However I highly doubt they did anything to the Steering / Diff / traction behavior, short of coding it to M3 CS/GTS values.

Secondly whilst they claim warranty, if something does go wrong sounds like you will be be held up whilst the different parties try to determine responsibility. At least with DINAN or Carbahn (Steve Dinan) you are dealing with guys who have longstanding dealer/corporate level relationships.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 12:08 PM   #24
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi M sport--2014 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
Appreciate the review, I have been considering a tune myself. Certainly brave taking on effectively a no name tuner based on some sales conversation.

This has all the hallmarks of a tuner appearing out of nowhere making claims without much evidence honestly. Sounds like its making great power for an off the shelf tune, the M2C is very conservatively tuned at the top end from factory so it's not hard to make significant gains.

However I highly doubt they did anything to the Steering / Diff / traction behavior, short of coding it to M3 CS/GTS values.

Secondly whilst they claim warranty, if something does go wrong sounds like you will be be held up whilst the different parties try to determine responsibility. At least with DINAN or Carbahn (Steve Dinan) you are dealing with guys who have longstanding dealer/corporate level relationships.
Whatever they did, it’s quite remarkable. I ended up going with them for 3 reasons.

Alpina connection. Warranty. No bench flashing/ backdating of dme.

I’m in sales, so I know bullshit when I hear it. These guys here are no bs artists, and now having the tune for almost a couple weeks, I wouldn’t be able to live with the stock car again. It’s just so much better.

I think whatever Noelle is doing is the future of tuning for bimmers. Comprehensive gains, and enough confidence to offer a warranty. Time will certainly tell!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 02:22 PM   #25
beMtroubleYou
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C '18

Garage List
2018 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by btbossman View Post
Whatever they did, it’s quite remarkable. I ended up going with them for 3 reasons.

Alpina connection. Warranty. No bench flashing/ backdating of dme.

I’m in sales, so I know bullshit when I hear it. These guys here are no bs artists, and now having the tune for almost a couple weeks, I wouldn’t be able to live with the stock car again. It’s just so much better.

I think whatever Noelle is doing is the future of tuning for bimmers. Comprehensive gains, and enough confidence to offer a warranty. Time will certainly tell!
If you break your dct will bmw cover you or noelle?

Call me sceptic. I´ve dealt with BMW so I too know how easy it is for them to weasel out of a warrenty claim.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 02:29 PM   #26
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beMtroubleYou View Post
If you break your dct will bmw cover you or noelle?

Call me sceptic. I´ve dealt with BMW so I too know how easy it is for them to weasel out of a warrenty claim.
I’m not sure, but regardless one of them will.
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2020, 02:37 PM   #27
beMtroubleYou
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C '18

Garage List
2018 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
I’m not sure, but regardless one of them will.
So for arguments sake, assuming the worse, as I always do.

Lets say your DCT breaks.

BMW wont touch that car on warrenty. Thats 100%.

Tuner, and even OEM(Nissan denyied warrenty claim on people for using LC on GTR "to often") claim this aswell, you must have done something wrong they have x-ammount of customers and none of them have problems like you, or "you launched the car too much" etc.

Youre a brave man, I´l give you that. I wish I had your cohones.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 04:31 PM   #28
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beMtroubleYou View Post
So for arguments sake, assuming the worse, as I always do.

Lets say your DCT breaks.

BMW wont touch that car on warrenty. Thats 100%.

Tuner, and even OEM(Nissan denyied warrenty claim on people for using LC on GTR "to often") claim this aswell, you must have done something wrong they have x-ammount of customers and none of them have problems like you, or "you launched the car too much" etc.

Youre a brave man, I´l give you that. I wish I had your cohones.
Well I don’t think this car has LC, and even if it does, it’s useless to launch this car in first or second.

I’m a practical person who bought this car to have some fun otw to work every day, and enjoy on short weekend trips. I don’t plan on tracking or abusing the car. I understand that the car should be able to handle a certain amount of abuse, but regardless the warranty clearly states it is a matching warranty for all issues caused by the tune. The only known issue with the car is the SCH. So that’s the only thing I’m remotely worried about. With the warranty, that worry is eliminated for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 05:42 PM   #29
Trapperj
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C

Sounds like a great tune

Other than a dyno, maybe you could run into another S55 tuned M2C, M3 or M4 and do a few friendly roll ons side by side ? ... in the name of science. Of course on a private track, (or private road in Mexico?)

Might be wise to go from a 3rd gear roll to remove, or at least lessen wheel spin. I bet in Charlotte there’s dozens of s55 powered cars.

Not suggesting anything near the 180 mph that you’ve seen. Hope I don’t get crucified over this suggestion, but those are some bold claims from the OP, and inquiring minds want to know!
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2020, 06:02 PM   #30
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapperj View Post
Other than a dyno, maybe you could run into another S55 tuned M2C, M3 or M4 and do a few friendly roll ons side by side ? ... in the name of science. Of course on a private track, (or private road in Mexico?)

Might be wise to go from a 3rd gear roll to remove, or at least lessen wheel spin. I bet in Charlotte there’s dozens of s55 powered cars.

Not suggesting anything near the 180 mph that you’ve seen. Hope I don’t get crucified over this suggestion, but those are some bold claims from the OP, and inquiring minds want to know!

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 6
Thescout134944.00
limeypride4418.50
shoei7778.00
AndrewC198910903.50
      01-03-2020, 12:06 PM   #31
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Just to reiterate, I’m not paid, nor have been given anything of value by Noelle, and have no real motivation to convince anyone of anything, and won’t be going out of my way to do so. Just wanted to post my experience with a new and awesome product.

The last thing I’d ever do is take vid doing pulls at high speed as well.

The car has already impressed me and other super car owners plenty, and I’m entirely fine with it being the best kept secret in the community.

I did order a dragy though and will def post some numbers when I get that. I’m quite impressed by the tech there.

Just a little update as well. There is a discernible difference between Costco 93 and shell V power in shells favor. Not anything crazy, but the shell feels... very nice.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 12:30 PM   #32
ricko32
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C

Thanks for posting your experience with the Noelle tune.
I am looking forward to the Dyno info.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 01:17 PM   #33
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Just to reiterate, I’m not paid, nor have been given anything of value by Noelle, and have no real motivation to convince anyone of anything, and won’t be going out of my way to do so. Just wanted to post my experience with a new and awesome product.

The last thing I’d ever do is take vid doing pulls at high speed as well.

The car has already impressed me and other super car owners plenty, and I’m entirely fine with it being the best kept secret in the community.

I did order a dragy though and will def post some numbers when I get that. I’m quite impressed by the tech there.

Just a little update as well. There is a discernible difference between Costco 93 and shell V power in shells favor. Not anything crazy, but the shell feels... very nice.
Another sponsor?!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 03:48 PM   #34
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Quote:

Might be wise to go from a 3rd gear roll to remove, or at least lessen wheel spin. I bet in Charlotte there's dozens of s55 powered cars.

Not suggesting anything near the 180 mph that you've seen. Hope I don't get crucified over this suggestion, but those are some bold claims from the OP, and inquiring minds want to know!
Just to reiterate, I'm not paid, nor have been given anything of value by Noelle, and have no real motivation to convince anyone of anything, and won't be going out of my way to do so. Just wanted to post my experience with a new and awesome product.

The last thing I'd ever do is take vid doing pulls at high speed as well.

The car has already impressed me and other super car owners plenty, and I'm entirely fine with it being the best kept secret in the community.

I did order a dragy though and will def post some numbers when I get that. I'm quite impressed by the tech there.

If you hadn't already, that's ^ where you lost me.

Also, Costco 93 and Shell V power are both considered "top-tier gas" and virtually if not in fact identical in almost ever state in this country. Ever notice how a gas delivery truck stops at more than one brand of gas station? Top tier's share supply, just like bottom tiers do.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 04:49 PM   #35
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
If you hadn't already, that's ^ where you lost me.

Also, Costco 93 and Shell V power are both considered "top-tier gas" and virtually if not in fact identical in almost ever state in this country. Ever notice how a gas delivery truck stops at more than one brand of gas station? Top tier's share supply, just like bottom tiers do.
Lol... well I personally find it nice. And worthy of note.

Also I like Costco gas. I use it almost exclusively. But just put the shell in today, a definitely feel a pep
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 04:52 PM   #36
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

Quote:
Lol... well I personally find it nice. And worthy of note.

Also I like Costco gas. I use it almost exclusively. But just put the shell in today, a definitely feel a pep
Many of the tuners I know all say to stay away from Costco fuel. My good friend also had a bunch of knock activity on his knock sensors (Turbo E46 on an Infinity Standalone) which had previously been fine...I asked if he filled up at Arco...he said Costco...so there you have it. Shell for this guy.
      01-03-2020, 05:24 PM   #37
Got f1?
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E46 ZHP, 20 X3M, M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Many of the tuners I know all say to stay away from Costco fuel. My good friend also had a bunch of knock activity on his knock sensors (Turbo E46 on an Infinity Standalone) which had previously been fine...I asked if he filled up at Arco...he said Costco...so there you have it. Shell for this guy.
That's disappointing. Pretty convenient and decent price too.
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2020, 05:37 PM   #38
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got f1? View Post
That's disappointing. Pretty convenient and decent price too.
I love everything at Costco...except the fuel and the lines :P
      01-03-2020, 06:02 PM   #39
NotSooFast
On the Go!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Just a few!

+1, love Costco just not the fuel. I refuse to wait in line for 10+ minutes (based on day and time of day) to save few $. Albeit, the savings add up over a years time but so does time spent waiting in line.

Seems like BMW now recommends Shell, back in the E90/92 days they used to recommend BP. Could be the oil spill
      01-03-2020, 06:31 PM   #40
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pTron View Post
+1, love Costco just not the fuel. I refuse to wait in line for 10+ minutes (based on day and time of day) to save few $. Albeit, the savings add up over a years time but so does time spent waiting in line.

Seems like BMW now recommends Shell, back in the E90/92 days they used to recommend BP. Could be the oil spill
By my quick calculations the savings difference is about 350 a year for me. I think I’ll stick with the shell too.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 01:16 PM   #41
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
Quote:

Just figured I'd drop this interesting read here...

This Noelle Performance BMW M5 is Making 850 HP With Nothing but a Tune https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1678497
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 03:09 PM   #42
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini Huracan

if there is a warranty i'd like to see the contract to see the exclusions. since someone is in ther commerce knows how the sellear deal with warranties givin everything swritten black on white. someone could be written very very very small but there is. otherwise if you break something they can say whatever they want to not cover the issues
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 05:42 PM   #43
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fabri View Post
if there is a warranty i'd like to see the contract to see the exclusions. since someone is in ther commerce knows how the sellear deal with warranties givin everything swritten black on white. someone could be written very very very small but there is. otherwise if you break something they can say whatever they want to not cover the issues
It’s on their website under the warranty heading.

Seems pretty black and white to me.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 12:00 PM   #44
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
It’s on their website under the warranty heading.

Seems pretty black and white to me.
yes, and did you read it correctly? i was wondering what happen if the engine blows up. they say it is to noel discrection to honor the warraty. for sure if you write a different software from what bmw uses you lose the warranty. it is written in the contract you signed.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread