BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Rogue Engineering Transmission Mounts

08-09-2022, 02:53 AM   #23
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneguags View Post
we just let it be I think. this was like 2 years ago, def one the sketchiest car jobs I've ever done
lol yeah that sounds quite sketchy.
      08-09-2022, 09:14 AM   #24
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Do you have a jack small enough to fit under there to support the transmission?

If so it would be doable. Easy depends on your mechanical skills, but not too difficult because everything is right there.
Looks straight forward in the video & I have a smaller jack which should work to support the trans.

Anyone know torque for the 13mm transmission brace bolts?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 01:37 PM   #25
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
Looks straight forward in the video & I have a smaller jack which should work to support the trans.

Anyone know torque for the 13mm transmission brace bolts?
I'd have to look at ista to be certain, but I believe the video says it
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 01:57 AM   #26
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
he quotes torque for the bushing bolts but not for the bolts that fix the brace to chassis
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 08:46 PM   #27
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
found a couple of diys for 1 series which looks to be an almost identical transmission brace, seems tightening torque is identical for both the brace to chassis bolts & the mount to brace nuts @ 15lb/20Nm (1 guy had found a spec of 40Nm & snapped the bolt

I have a set of the Rogue mounts arriving next week, Rogue shipping to Australia was $100!! have mine coming from Bimmerworld, still costing $60 shipping (which is $100 in Australian peso's
Will give me time to get them in before I'm off for a week/4K km of fun driving
Appreciate 2
chris7197334.00
///M TOWN16542.00
      08-23-2022, 09:05 PM   #28
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
found a couple of diys for 1 series which looks to be an almost identical transmission brace, seems tightening torque is identical for both the brace to chassis bolts & the mount to brace nuts @ 15lb/20Nm (1 guy had found a spec of 40Nm & snapped the bolt

I have a set of the Rogue mounts arriving next week, Rogue shipping to Australia was $100!! have mine coming from Bimmerworld, still costing $60 shipping (which is $100 in Australian peso's
Definitely looking forward to your feedback. I think I'm going to do these also if they can help with the amount of time you need to "pause" between gears on upshifts before the trans willingly lets you in.
Appreciate 2
David.m437.00
///M TOWN16542.00
      08-23-2022, 10:30 PM   #29
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Ah I see, I guess go on the conservative torque spec then.

Let us know how you like the mounts!
Appreciate 1
David.m437.00
      08-23-2022, 11:44 PM   #30
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Definitely looking forward to your feedback. I think I'm going to do these also if they can help with the amount of time you need to "pause" between gears on upshifts before the trans willingly lets you in.
My car's never had an issue getting into gear, I've had an Auto Solutions 20% (+ blue urethane bushings) for 3.5yrs & did the CDV last year, hoping the mounts will be another small upgrade will report back in a couple of weeks.
Appreciate 4
chris7197334.00
F87source7251.50
gphung193.50
M2RAW121.00
      09-04-2022, 06:20 AM   #31
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Quote:
My car's never had an issue getting into gear, I've had an Auto Solutions 20% (+ blue urethane bushings) for 3.5yrs & did the CDV last year, hoping the mounts will be another small upgrade will report back in a couple of weeks.
I found my oem setup under hard braking or acceleration would feel like it nicks the teeth in the box when shifting.

Bought my set 2 years ago along with the RE SSK and finally getting around to installing both this week.
      09-18-2022, 02:42 PM   #32
Boosted 1
Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 M coupe, Gx470, M2 PE

Just installed the RE tranny bushings a few days ago along with the turner shifter bushing. I torqued the brace to 15ftlbs. I found in an old thread that it was 19nm which is around 14ftlbs I believe.

Overall impressions are great. No real negatives to report. I wouldn’t say it’s a drastic change but it definitely didn’t hurt. There’s no Increase in road noise but going 3-4 you can hear and audible click. I would say that there is a more positive “engagement” feel which also may be the “click” I hear. Not so much as to call it notchy but it is a change.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2022, 11:27 PM   #33
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep

Installed the Turner mounts, was very easy with the car on stands and using a scissor jack to support the transmission.

Last week did a 5K km road trip 3K of which were on the best roads in Tasmania.

Even with the AS SSK I immediately noticed more feel/feedback going into gear, agree with others description it's not notchy, if anything I think it may reduce effort needed going into gear. Going up & down across the doglegs is a little more precise. A lot of the twisty roads were very undulating so there was a lot of shifting with high revs & uneven loads on the car's 4 corners, shifting was perfect every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR RIZK View Post
I found my oem setup under hard braking or acceleration would feel like it nicks the teeth in the box when shifting.
There is one braking zone at Sydney Motorsport Park GP circuit where I have to slightly delay a downshift until the car settles as I get that same nicking the teeth, maybe now it won't be an issue.
Appreciate 2
F87source7251.50
chris7197334.00
      09-20-2022, 03:55 AM   #34
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Installed the Turner mounts, was very easy with the car on stands and using a scissor jack to support the transmission.

Last week did a 5K km road trip 3K of which were on the best roads in Tasmania.

Even with the AS SSK I immediately noticed more feel/feedback going into gear, agree with others description it's not notchy, if anything I think it may reduce effort needed going into gear. Going up & down across the doglegs is a little more precise. A lot of the twisty roads were very undulating so there was a lot of shifting with high revs & uneven loads on the car's 4 corners, shifting was perfect every time.

There is one braking zone at Sydney Motorsport Park GP circuit where I have to slightly delay a downshift until the car settles as I get that same nicking the teeth, maybe now it won't be an issue.
Sounds like a win.
Appreciate 1
David.m437.00
      09-25-2022, 06:30 AM   #35
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Quote:

Quote:
The trans mounts fixed the issue and felt solid in my last outing. IMO against the grain of others I probably would have liked a 15% through reduction vs the 20%. Find 20% a little unnatural. Just me I guess.
      09-26-2022, 04:42 AM   #36
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The trans mounts fixed the issue and felt solid in my last outing. IMO against the grain of others I probably would have liked a 15% through reduction vs the 20%. Find 20% a little unnatural. Just me I guess.
You could go a slighter taller shift knob to give a longer throw, I ended up with a Raceseng Circuit Sphere.
Appreciate 1
MR RIZK757.50
      11-21-2022, 10:44 PM   #37
DrChase
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Added the Rogue trans mount to my M2C today. Definitely improved the deliberate feel of the gears slotting in. Less of a vague "destination" at the end of each throw. More definition to the gates, which increases the confidence with which I can shift quickly (which is very important to me on track). Seems it might also keep the syncros from abuse during quicker shifting while suspension is compressing or rebounding, especially during turns. I have the AutoSolutions SSK (20% throw reduction) and the E92 clutch slave mod with CDV delete. I use a BMS clutch stop too. This car now has the quality of shift I've been seeking, aside from the fact that the gearbox itself simply does not like to be rushed in the way a Tremec, a Mazda, a Honda, or a Porsche box can handle. The one-two and, to a lesser extent, the two-three shifts are a bit more sluggish and sensitive to speed of cog-swapping compared to the benchmarks out there in the industry. Still, night and day difference from the OEM setup when I bought the car. I'm a happier driver for this mod.
Appreciate 3
-Eidos491.00
chris7197334.00
AmuroRay2282.50
      11-21-2022, 10:53 PM   #38
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChase View Post
Added the Rogue trans mount to my M2C today. Definitely improved the deliberate feel of the gears slotting in. Less of a vague "destination" at the end of each throw. More definition to the gates, which increases the confidence with which I can shift quickly (which is very important to me on track). Seems it might also keep the syncros from abuse during quicker shifting while suspension is compressing or rebounding, especially during turns. I have the AutoSolutions SSK (20% throw reduction) and the E92 clutch slave mod with CDV delete. I use a BMS clutch stop too. This car now has the quality of shift I've been seeking, aside from the fact that the gearbox itself simply does not like to be rushed in the way a Tremec, a Mazda, a Honda, or a Porsche box can handle. The one-two and, to a lesser extent, the two-three shifts are a bit more sluggish and sensitive to speed of cog-swapping compared to the benchmarks out there in the industry. Still, night and day difference from the OEM setup when I bought the car. I'm a happier driver for this mod.
What fluid are you running? I have heard really good things about redline dctf over stock fluid, in terms of improving shiftability - so that might help reduce lag or hesitancy even further.