BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Germany Dealer says they can’t order M Performance exhaust

06-14-2018, 07:08 PM   #1
Trubester88
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Germany Dealer says they can’t order M Performance exhaust

I am an American in the military living in Europe and over two months ago placed a down payment for a LBB manual M2 with a set pickup date of 26 June from a dealership in Germany. I also requested a plethora of M performance parts including the M Performance exhaust, titanium exhaust tips, and carbon fiber shifter and handbrake. Two months ago, the sales rep I have been dealing with gave me a list from his parts department for the above mentioned parts including install and I still have the email. Today, he informed me they are unable to order the performance exhaust in Germany, and the shifter is back ordered and cannot be ordered. I think he is full of shit. I kept communicating with him for months and now we are one week from me flying to Germany to pick up the car. Has anyone heard of anyone unable to order and install the M performance exhaust in Germany?

Second, I purchased the digital M performance steering in the US and sent the package to the dealer for install on 31 May. USPS shows the package has been sitting at an unknown transit facility since 7 June and it is now 14 June. I hope my steering wheel isn’t lost
      06-14-2018, 07:50 PM   #2
430409M2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ///M2 PE

I've sent quite a few packages to Germany in my time. Going into Germany seems slower than out of it. Probably stuck in Zoll... erm customs.
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2018, 05:24 PM   #3
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

I recently saw a BMW Aftersales document (in German) confirming that the current M Performance Exhaust is discontinued because of European and German emissions regulations.

It's a June 2018 "Kurzinformation" document entitled "BMW M Performance Parts. Einstellung Abgasanlagen ab Produktion 07/2018. Aufgrund aktueller Gesetzgebungen wird das Angebot von Abgasanlagen eingestellt."

Dusted and done. If you're lucky you may still find a current MPE kit in stock somewhere. However, if it got to be backordered at BMW Germany, you'll be very likely toast.
      06-16-2018, 03:34 AM   #4
Benef1cient
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 LCI 6MT

I've received my M2 yesterday in Poland. Didn't go for MPE as I've ordered Remus. Also got a lot of MPerformance goodies apart from shifter knob.
My dealer told me that new production of these should start from July so it's backordered.
They are probably waiting for the new variant with orange stitching for M2C and will start production later on when M2C is avaliable in EU
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2018, 10:45 AM   #5
Trubester88
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

I appreciate the responses, they certainly help. I called the dealership to see if they could check customs in Zoll and the salesman responded that I may need to pay a 10% tax on the imported steering wheel ($182) and perhaps an extra 19%. I was pretty annoyed to hear that they never received a slip either from customs letting the dealership know a package was waiting for them.

After all these crazy explanations from the salesman, he called me back yesterday (Saturday) to let me know my M performance digital steering wheel had arrived a week ago... after I was worried the package had been taken, was missing, or stuck in customs it was at the dealership for an entire week. I wasn’t even mad any more, just relieved they received it and I didn’t have to file for a lost mail item.

Finally, I will pick up my car in two weeks missing the M Performance exhaust with titanium tips, and missing the carbon fiber shifter and e-brake so I will be turning to IND for their better looking lit version.

I pick up my car in 8 days in Germany after I fly from the UK and will take the car for it’s Inaugural drive through southern Germany, Austria, and to my new home in Northen Italy just south of the dolomite mountains. My best friend from Washington State is flying out to meet me in Germany for this inaugural drive and we will certainly take the longest, windiest roads to put the car through the break in period. I am super excited to finally receive the car. Does anyone have suggestions for finding an M performance exhaust in Italy? As soon as I arrive to Italy I will either XPEL wrap the car, or install the m performance exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 12:08 PM   #6
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trubester88 View Post
my new home in Northern Italy just south of the dolomite mountains.
I'm (very) familiar with that area, as I got a house there.
      06-17-2018, 12:31 PM   #7
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
We often send goods for our customers to germany and the local customs are horrible. It can take 3-4 weeks and sometimes even more until they‘re done.
Appreciate 2