BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Officially Official - Picked up my 2021 LBB M2C

10-01-2020, 10:07 PM   #1
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C (LBB+6MT+MR)

Officially Official - Picked up my 2021 LBB M2C

Roughly three months after placing my order, and a one-week hurricane delay, I was finally able to pick up my new 2021 Long Beach Blue M2C. Special thanks to ADDONE for the referral and connection to Sonya at Galleria BMW. My wife and I traveled from Austin, TX to Mississippi and we made a good 1000mi road trip out of the return journey. We stayed in some cool places (Fairhope, AL was the favorite), had some excellent meals, met some little friends in Slidell, LA (swamp pandas), and got a good feel for the car, culminating in an 8hr leg from Natchez, MS to Austin, TX. I was concerned that the ride would be punishing after that many miles, but it was never really an issue if the roads were halfway decent. The car drives as good as it looks, and it really is gorgeous. Though I had test-driven one before, each time I see that thing straight on I'm taken aback by how incredibly aggressive (and oddly subtle) the aesthetic is. For the money, only the Cayman competes with this thing in a beauty contest. Now it's off for XPel wrap of the front bumper, window tint and carbon ceramic coating now. I plan to own this thing for the next 10 years, so I want to preserve it as long as I can in this pristine condition.

First Impressions & Surprises:
- Long Beach Blue is a dazzling color and it has so much depth and variation depending on the lighting. It shows the curves better than any of the other options (though I was also partial to Hockenheim)
- The interior is wonderfully simple. I love that there's nothing to really learn, and that I could immediately feel at home in the driver's seat
- The manual transmission is great, and the programming makes it virtually idiot proof. There were a few times where I probably should have stalled it right when I was getting my legs, but the car is thankfully tuned to protect itself more than a "traditional" manual transmission
- Visibility and utility are much better than some of the frequently-shopped alternatives (GT350, Cayman, Camaro, Etc.)
- $15 chinese-made door projectors are worth every penny, and they are much higher quality than the stock lights installed by BMW
- I'm annoyed that you can't remove the compass/directional information from the infotainment split screen. I really wanted my Google Maps to take up that entire screen but it doesn't seem like it's possible to accomplish that
- It's really tough to clean bugs from the lower air intakes/radiators
- The speakers really aren't sufficient to overcome the cabin noise
- I learned that despite a good nights sleep, my wife can comfortably sleep through another 6 hours in the passenger seat, regardless of the road noise. No complaints there though, the car kept me company

PS: Apologies for the photos being sideways in a few cases; tried to remedy that but just couldn't figure it out.
Attached Images

Appreciate 9
AM///X3M359.50
redgs4320.00
ADDONE230.00
Tag17920.50
Sarg33554.50
cncmastr1568.50
      10-01-2020, 10:15 PM   #2
COChris
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2C

Congrats! We ordered the same spec if you also got blue stitching. Turn off ASD (BimmerCode app with OBD2 adapter) to improve the stereo quality and reduce cabin noise. You can also use BimmerCode to optimize the stereo equalization. Also, there is a vendor somewhere here that sells a full-screen CarPlay mod.

Enjoy the car!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 10:17 PM   #3
blkonblk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C LBB

Congrats, enjoy your car. Love that color, I have the same.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 10:18 PM   #4
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by COChris View Post
Congrats! We ordered the same spec if you also got blue stitching. Turn off ASD (BimmerCode app with OBD2 adapter) to improve the stereo quality and reduce cabin noise. You can also use BimmerCode to optimize the stereo equalization. Also, there is a vendor somewhere here that sells a full-screen CarPlay mod.

Enjoy the car!
Thanks for those tips! I've tapped into Bimmermod a bit already. I went with the physical cable link and it is very fast and easy. I'll turn off ASD and do some EQ work. Not sure if I'd want to go as far as tinkering with the CarPlay mod at this point--that split screen was just a slight annoyance.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 10:31 PM   #5
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Congrats , its an awesome car and loving every minute . The manual transmission is just great and power is effortless
      10-01-2020, 10:39 PM   #6
Jbmw21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmwm3

Congrats looks Amazing can't wait for mine. What pricing did you get if you don't mind me asking ? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 09:20 AM   #7
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Congrats, its a wonderful car!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 09:27 AM   #8
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmw21 View Post
Congrats looks Amazing can't wait for mine. What pricing did you get if you don't mind me asking ? Thanks
Replied privately.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 10:17 AM   #9
Al Bundy's Dodge
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

Congrats on the car...looks great in your pictures!

Enjoy the hell out of it!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 10:55 AM   #10
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4

Congratulations!
      10-02-2020, 01:40 PM   #11
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M40i 2019 X5 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagnificent55 View Post
Roughly three months after placing my order, and a one-week hurricane delay, I was finally able to pick up my new 2021 Long Beach Blue M2C. Special thanks to ADDONE for the referral and connection to Sonya at Galleria BMW. My wife and I traveled from Austin, TX to Mississippi and we made a good 1000mi road trip out of the return journey. We stayed in some cool places (Fairhope, AL was the favorite), had some excellent meals, met some little friends in Slidell, LA (swamp pandas), and got a good feel for the car, culminating in an 8hr leg from Natchez, MS to Austin, TX. I was concerned that the ride would be punishing after that many miles, but it was never really an issue if the roads were halfway decent. The car drives as good as it looks, and it really is gorgeous. Though I had test-driven one before, each time I see that thing straight on I'm taken aback by how incredibly aggressive (and oddly subtle) the aesthetic is. For the money, only the Cayman competes with this thing in a beauty contest. Now it's off for XPel wrap of the front bumper, window tint and carbon ceramic coating now. I plan to own this thing for the next 10 years, so I want to preserve it as long as I can in this pristine condition.

First Impressions & Surprises:
- Long Beach Blue is a dazzling color and it has so much depth and variation depending on the lighting. It shows the curves better than any of the other options (though I was also partial to Hockenheim)
- The interior is wonderfully simple. I love that there's nothing to really learn, and that I could immediately feel at home in the driver's seat
- The manual transmission is great, and the programming makes it virtually idiot proof. There were a few times where I probably should have stalled it right when I was getting my legs, but the car is thankfully tuned to protect itself more than a "traditional" manual transmission
- Visibility and utility are much better than some of the frequently-shopped alternatives (GT350, Cayman, Camaro, Etc.)
- $15 chinese-made door projectors are worth every penny, and they are much higher quality than the stock lights installed by BMW
- I'm annoyed that you can't remove the compass/directional information from the infotainment split screen. I really wanted my Google Maps to take up that entire screen but it doesn't seem like it's possible to accomplish that
- It's really tough to clean bugs from the lower air intakes/radiators
- The speakers really aren't sufficient to overcome the cabin noise
- I learned that despite a good nights sleep, my wife can comfortably sleep through another 6 hours in the passenger seat, regardless of the road noise. No complaints there though, the car kept me company

PS: Apologies for the photos being sideways in a few cases; tried to remedy that but just couldn't figure it out.
Congrats! Glad I could help!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 03:04 PM   #12
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep

One more complaint that I forgot to add to my post...
THE KEYS! They feel so plain and cheap. Is there any way to get one of the nicer BMW keys and have it coded to the vehicle? Or just replace the plastic cover with a nice heavy stainless steel?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 04:08 PM   #13
Matt Devo
Recovering RS4 owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
One more complaint that I forgot to add to my post...
THE KEYS! They feel so plain and cheap. Is there any way to get one of the nicer BMW keys and have it coded to the vehicle? Or just replace the plastic cover with a nice heavy stainless steel?
https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1746902
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 04:37 PM   #14
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Devo View Post
This is exactly what I was looking for. I’ll add it to the budget!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 07:02 AM   #15
Sarg33
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M

Congrats and enjoy! Great color choice and 6MT!!!

If you are talking about split screen on the center screen that is in the settings and you can get full screen. I can't remember 100% how, but I chose split screen once by mistake and it took me a few minutes to figure out what I had done to remove it.

Just went out to the garage...Press the 'Option' button that is located to the right side behind the control wheel on the center council. You will now see 'Split Screen' at the top of the screen. Press to remove check mark. You are now full screen.

Current: 2021 X3M
Gone but not forgotten: 2020 M2C LBB MT

Last edited by Sarg33; 10-03-2020 at 07:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 08:53 AM   #16
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg33 View Post

If you are talking about split screen on the center screen that is in the settings and you can get full screen. I can't remember 100% how, but I chose split screen once by mistake and it took me a few minutes to figure out what I had done to remove it.

Just went out to the garage...Press the 'Option' button that is located to the right side behind the control wheel on the center council. You will now see 'Split Screen' at the top of the screen. Press to remove check mark. You are now full screen.
I tried that. For some reason, that area on the right side is black with text that says “Apple CarPlay.” Maybe this is unique to google maps. I’ll try that with other built-in features.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 08:58 AM   #17
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M40i 2019 X5 2021 M2C

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg33 View Post

I tried that. For some reason, that area on the right side is black with text that says "Apple CarPlay." Maybe this is unique to google maps. I'll try that with other built-in features.
Full screen is an option for BMW maps, but my understanding is that Apple CarPlay is only split screen on idrive 6. I actually prefer it this way since I like the split screen view. My wife has idrive 7 in her X5, and there is no option for split screen with Apple CarPlay in her vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 06:34 PM   #18
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
I tried that. For some reason, that area on the right side is black with text that says “Apple CarPlay.” Maybe this is unique to google maps. I’ll try that with other built-in features.
iDrive 6 (which is what the M2C has) only has 2/3rd screen carplay. You can full screen iDrive stuff (e.g. BMW OEM maps) but carplay will be 2/3 screen regardless of if you're using Google Maps or another Apple app, or if you've set split screen or not.
Appreciate 1
Moflow2484.50
      10-03-2020, 06:46 PM   #19
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime503 View Post
iDrive 6 (which is what the M2C has) only has 2/3rd screen carplay. You can full screen iDrive stuff (e.g. BMW OEM maps) but carplay will be 2/3 screen regardless of if you're using Google Maps or another Apple app, or if you've set split screen or not.
Fortunately, there's a solution for that:

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1634925
Appreciate 2
cncmastr1568.50
      10-03-2020, 09:05 PM   #20
MovingChicane
Been there and back...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Four inc. a '21 M2C

Looks fantastic and sounds like an ideal delivery trip/experience!

Curious as to how the car registration worked with the out-of-state purchase.... do you have to re-register in TX now, or did they delivery the car to you as a TX dealer, or what?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 09:18 PM   #21
mikeyymonster
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingChicane View Post
Looks fantastic and sounds like an ideal delivery trip/experience!

Curious as to how the car registration worked with the out-of-state purchase.... do you have to re-register in TX now, or did they delivery the car to you as a TX dealer, or what?
They prepare registration for your state (as well as sales tax, etc.). I'm going through that now as well.
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2020, 10:19 PM   #22
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyymonster View Post
They prepare registration for your state (as well as sales tax, etc.). I'm going through that now as well.
Exactly. I just need to take it to a local inspection place and FedEx the paperwork back to them. There is a service that does all the DMV work and gets it registered. I have a healthy supply of temp tags in the meantime.
Appreciate 1