BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Gym Talk! Daily gym related talk

10-22-2019, 11:09 AM   #1365
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Morning weigh in - 214.1 lbs

I won't lie....I'm starting to hit that "wall" with calorie intake. I'm routinely stringing days of almost 4.5K together...and have hit 5K on the weekends when I don't eat as clean.

It was fun when it started, but now it's starting to get old.

Workouts still going great though!
      10-22-2019, 11:56 AM   #1366
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Yeah gets old fast I'm leaning out a bit myself not pushing calories just protein and cleaner.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      10-22-2019, 12:02 PM   #1367
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thinking I may slide the calories back a little and see where I settle at. 3500 seems like a good middle of the road number. I know I will drop some weight at first, but maybe once that clears it will start going back up again as long as I can keep my Gym progress moving.

I got another appointment with the PT next Monday since I have the day off. I booked him for two sessions as I want him to hit all of my trap and rhomboid areas. So about two hours of pain....but it is worth it afterwards.

My wife just isn't strong enough to get in there and work out all the kinks as that area is pretty thick on me.
      10-22-2019, 12:22 PM   #1368
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Down 2 lbs on my leaning out phase. I find it better doing boxing as cardio vs running on the treadmill. Getting ready for the gym for its leg day!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      10-22-2019, 01:09 PM   #1369
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Down 2 lbs on my leaning out phase. I find it better doing boxing as cardio vs running on the treadmill. Getting ready for the gym for its leg day!
Nice! Some of my best cardio sessions were during my boxing days. Basically HIIT and a lot of it. My only issue with it now is I lose weight very quickly when I do it. So I save it for summer. Hell....Leg Days are a cardio session of their own!

Right now I am doing cardio....but more for heart health and to stimulate my appetite.
      10-22-2019, 03:20 PM   #1370
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Nice! Some of my best cardio sessions were during my boxing days. Basically HIIT and a lot of it. My only issue with it now is I lose weight very quickly when I do it. So I save it for summer. Hell....Leg Days are a cardio session of their own!

Right now I am doing cardio....but more for heart health and to stimulate my appetite.
I love boxing! I look like Manny Pacquiao but with full tattoo sleeves. I used to use the elliptical a lot but I didn't feel the energy to do HIIT. Plus I feel like I'm burning more calories doing boxing since I'm putting a lot more energy with speed punches and power shots. Its brutal cause I did shoulders yesterday and right now my shoulders are burning like fire and my legs feel like jello after my leg workout
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13152.00
      10-23-2019, 04:52 AM   #1371
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I love boxing! I look like Manny Pacquiao but with full tattoo sleeves. I used to use the elliptical a lot but I didn't feel the energy to do HIIT. Plus I feel like I'm burning more calories doing boxing since I'm putting a lot more energy with speed punches and power shots. Its brutal cause I did shoulders yesterday and right now my shoulders are burning like fire and my legs feel like jello after my leg workout
I hear you. I attribute all the years of boxing I did to how easily my shoulders develop now. Plus it mixes things up. When a lot of people think of boxing cardio..they think of skipping rope and hitting the bags.

That is part of it, but we also used to hit tractor tires with sledge hammers, "battle ropes", and one of my favorites were they would tie a string diagonally across the ring at shoulder height...and you would start at one end and "bob and weave" all the way to the other going under the rope and switching sides each step.

Great way of coordinating you feet with your upper body girdle.
      10-23-2019, 05:12 AM   #1372
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I hear you. I attribute all the years of boxing I did to how easily my shoulders develop now. Plus it mixes things up. When a lot of people think of boxing cardio..they think of skipping rope and hitting the bags.

That is part of it, but we also used to hit tractor tires with sledge hammers, "battle ropes", and one of my favorites were they would tie a string diagonally across the ring at shoulder height...and you would start at one end and "bob and weave" all the way to the other going under the rope and switching sides each step.

Great way of coordinating you feet with your upper body girdle.
I've never done this before but I know exactly what you mean. I believe they do that in the Rocky movies as well as Jake Gellenhal's SouthPaw
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      10-23-2019, 12:11 PM   #1373
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Oh yeah! Killing bi's and tri's but man...what about WhackOff Wednesday? Maybe save a few reps?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 12:45 PM   #1374
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Oh yeah! Killing bi's and tri's but man...what about WhackOff Wednesday? Maybe save a few reps?
Warm up/ cool down sets
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2019, 02:48 PM   #1375
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
LOL.....don't want to over-train. Plus you're pulling all the blood away from the muscles you just hit!
      10-23-2019, 02:50 PM   #1376
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
LOL.....don't want to over-train. Plus you're pulling all the blood away from the muscles you just hit!
Ha! Maybe stroke my arms since they almost look like two veiny penis's LOL
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      10-24-2019, 05:43 AM   #1377
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ha! Maybe stroke my arms since they almost look like two veiny penis's LOL
My veins are slowly starting to disappear during this all out bulking phase.

They used to show for no reason...now I have to do some type of exercise to make them as pronounced as they used to be.
      10-24-2019, 09:54 AM   #1378
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Back/bi last night. While only getting 5-7 reps, that was the most I've ever pulled on cables. I wore a shirt that seemed to fit well when I left the house. After about 2 sets, reaching up to grab the cable I had to shimmy a bit to loosen things across my pits. A good soak in the cool pool was definitely in order.

At home I swallowed a spoon of beet dirt with some magnesium and turmeric. Let's just say that sleeping was "harder" than usual. . .
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      10-24-2019, 11:49 AM   #1379
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Back/bi last night. While only getting 5-7 reps, that was the most I've ever pulled on cables. I wore a shirt that seemed to fit well when I left the house. After about 2 sets, reaching up to grab the cable I had to shimmy a bit to loosen things across my pits. A good soak in the cool pool was definitely in order.

At home I swallowed a spoon of beet dirt with some magnesium and turmeric. Let's just say that sleeping was "harder" than usual. . .
I take my "beet dirt" before I work out.

1. Because it enhances the pump while I train since I can't take a pre-workout.

2. It's a good way of really waking yourself up at 2:30 in the morning. God that stuff is nasty. I wouldn't take it if it wasn't so healthy for you.
      10-24-2019, 12:40 PM   #1380
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
1. Because it enhances the pump while I train since I can't take a pre-workout.
Me taking after is for cleaning/feeding muscles during recovery.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      10-24-2019, 12:43 PM   #1381
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Me taking after is for cleaning/feeding muscles during recovery.
Have you come across a way of making it bearable!?

Right now I just "toss and wash".....usually with grapefruit juice.

It's still hard to get myself worked up to take it...and this coming from a guy who has actually blended Tuna and Apple Juice together, and drank it when younger.

Maybe me getting older has something to do with it. Years ago....I had a cast iron stomach and taste buds!
      10-24-2019, 12:47 PM   #1382
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Have you come across a way of making it bearable!?

Right now I just "toss and wash".....usually with grapefruit juice.

It's still hard to get myself worked up to take it...and this coming from a guy who has actually blended Tuna and Apple Juice together, and drank it when younger.

Maybe me getting older has something to do with it. Years ago....I had a cast iron stomach and taste buds!
Last night I had prepared my bowl of ice cream with Nestle Quik on top, then spooned in a swallow and chased it with water. Once I dug the chunks out of my teeth, the ice cream was mixed nicely with the Quik and covered it all up. I didn't even gag last night . . . "This is good for me, this is good for me, this is good for me"
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 01:00 PM   #1383
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I have had Halo-Top pretty much every night this week. The entire container each time. But it's a small container.
      10-24-2019, 01:05 PM   #1384
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Making crazy progress the past few weeks. Currently at 141 and 17.8% body fat. I was almost 30% when I started. 2.8% left to go before I can start adding 200 calories a day to begin bulking. My attention to caloric intake and macros has reached a level of insanity. I honestly did 7 minutes of cardio last night, in order to keep my calories at 1400 for the day. The top 4 of the 6 pack are getting very pronounced.

I've started working a different ab workout every night at the gym. People are starting to watch my unorthodox workouts and now I'm starting to see people copy what I'm doing. Actually had a kid ask me to help him with his delts last night. I'm still scrawny as shit, but it's nice to see that people notice how hard I'm going and that something must working, to ask for advice and start copying some of the weird ass shit I'm doing.

I go in for trigger finger surgery and to have a mass removed from my right hand on Monday, so I'll be out of the gym for a few weeks. I'm already starting to get nervous about not being able to go. I only have 4 more days to break myself before taking a few days/week or so off. Oddly enough this mentality has ramped up the level of intensity of my training sessions. My focus is insane right now. I'm like a cracked out, spider monkey jockeying a cheetah.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      10-24-2019, 01:06 PM   #1385
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
I have had Halo-Top pretty much every night this week. The entire container each time. But it's a small container.
Duuuuuude.......the peanut butter cup.......oof.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      10-24-2019, 01:29 PM   #1386
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Making crazy progress the past few weeks. Currently at 141 and 17.8% body fat. I was almost 30% when I started. 2.8% left to go before I can start adding 200 calories a day to begin bulking. My attention to caloric intake and macros has reached a level of insanity. I honestly did 7 minutes of cardio last night, in order to keep my calories at 1400 for the day. The top 4 of the 6 pack are getting very pronounced.

I've started working a different ab workout every night at the gym. People are starting to watch my unorthodox workouts and now I'm starting to see people copy what I'm doing. Actually had a kid ask me to help him with his delts last night. I'm still scrawny as shit, but it's nice to see that people notice how hard I'm going and that something must working, to ask for advice and start copying some of the weird ass shit I'm doing.

I go in for trigger finger surgery and to have a mass removed from my right hand on Monday, so I'll be out of the gym for a few weeks. I'm already starting to get nervous about not being able to go. I only have 4 more days to break myself before taking a few days/week or so off. Oddly enough this mentality has ramped up the level of intensity of my training sessions. My focus is insane right now. I'm like a cracked out, spider monkey jockeying a cheetah.
You will do fine.....just be aware of the calories while out of the gym....but a few days isn't going to derail your progress! And you will be back to being able to do cardio soon.

I wouldn't sweat it. Your right where you want to be, and looks like your body is is adapting to its new "set-point". Even just adding back 200 calories a day will be sweet as your body will be "primed" for growth and partitioning the calories the way you want them to be.