BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > HELP - At Wit's End - Installing MPE issues (w/Pics)

05-07-2018, 01:56 PM   #1
MdMcoupe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 Mcoupe (blown/track toy)

HELP - At Wit's End - Installing MPE issues (w/Pics)

Installed my MPE (thanks Sunmotor Cars for great price) and a Fabspeed sport cat this weekend.

Started the car up.....WOW it was loud....and the typical tips vibrating...lol.

BUT....for the life of me I can NOT get my valves/flaps to open via the blue tooth controller. This is where I need some help.....

I double click the the little button, and all I get is 2 quick flashes back. Which according to the instructions is "lost connection". I tried double clicking the remote while in the trunk, nothing..... I even laid on the ground next to the exhaust and double clicked the remote...I have never seen the "flaps" open on the otter pipes.

I redid the wiring 2x to double check. See wiring of fuse box below....I put the red wire in the 15 amp fuse F145, and the green wire goes to fuse F137. I used my little "pen" type voltage tester that lights up(its in the 1st pic propping up the fuse block), and I have voltage at the red wire but not the green....not sure if it's supposed to have voltage though.....

Does this look right......

I have the "flap" set properly to active, correct......

I am really hoping I overlooked something stupid. Does everything look like it should be working.... Does anyone have a wiring diagram?

I have read about people having the "flaps" close randomly after driving, BUT I can even get mine to open once...

I wanted to install this myself so I could trash that clamp, and weld the exhaust together. But now I am concerned, what if my ~$200 button is bad, or something is faulty......would a dealer warranty anything if I installed it myself?

m2ruder SeanWRT lopm2 I have followed alot of your posts/threads wondering if you guys could help....

Kinda depressing ........
      05-08-2018, 08:41 PM   #2
MdMcoupe
Private First Class
Rep

Not even a freaking BOO!
      05-08-2018, 08:56 PM   #3
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

I had the exact same issue. Unfortunately I did not fix it myself, so I can't be of much help, but the dealer (mine was port installed) fixed it in only a few minutes, saying that the connection was loose and so was the fuse. Apparently the fuses can be loose fitting, so you may wish to start there. And yes...it's f'n loud. Lol. I have FS DP as well. Cold start is ridiculous.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2018, 09:08 PM   #4
MdMcoupe
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87_LCI View Post
I had the exact same issue. Unfortunately I did not fix it myself, so I can't be of much help, but the dealer (mine was port installed) fixed it in only a few minutes, saying that the connection was loose and so was the fuse. Apparently the fuses can be loose fitting, so you may wish to start there. And yes...it's f'n loud. Lol. I have FS DP as well. Cold start is ridiculous.

F87, thank you!

I have put the 15 amp fuse in and out 10 times as I read that was a problem from a previous thread.

I will check the connection of the red/green wire again.

If I can't solve the issue, and for some reason I may have faulty hardware, will I have a problem replacing anything under warranty since I installed myself.

thanks again
      05-08-2018, 09:28 PM   #5
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

Honestly, I would get a new fuse, just to be sure that is not the issue and it's a cheap way to eliminate it as the potential issue.for mine it wasn't the wires that were loose, it was the connector itself...apparently the connector is a bit wonky and can seem connected but isn't quite 100%. As for warranty, can't see why they would deny a claim, but you'll need to figure out what's wrong first, lol! Good luck.
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2020, 07:46 PM   #6
FiveDirtyFive
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 OG 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdMcoupe View Post
F87, thank you!

I have put the 15 amp fuse in and out 10 times as I read that was a problem from a previous thread.

I will check the connection of the red/green wire again.

If I can't solve the issue, and for some reason I may have faulty hardware, will I have a problem replacing anything under warranty since I installed myself.

thanks again
Hey, Im having a similar issue with my newly installed MPE?.Was the loose fuse the issue? Did you find the fix?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 07:48 PM   #7
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Sorry to bring up a dead thread but does anyone know where to find extra connectors? Specifically the teal one in the top right of OP's pics.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 04:38 PM   #8
ae03440
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18' M2 & 20' X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsamdar View Post
Sorry to bring up a dead thread but does anyone know where to find extra connectors? Specifically the teal one in the top right of OP's pics.
Did you or anyone ever get an answer on this? Looking for a part number for the green module that goes into the fuse box for the MPE valve control.

Thx
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 12:50 PM   #9
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae03440 View Post
Quote:
Did you or anyone ever get an answer on this? Looking for a part number for the green module that goes into the fuse box for the MPE valve control.

Thx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae03440 View Post
Quote:

Thx
Nope I never got it figured out on how to get one from BMW. I ended up pulling a fuse connector from my buddies totaled F30 tho...
      10-05-2021, 09:42 AM   #10
Joakim_79
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i 2018

Here is some pictures with Numbers. Bmw might be able to help
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 12:17 PM   #11
ae03440
Second Lieutenant
Rep