BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > 🇩🇪 European Delivery + Cross-country Canada Tour + Mods [BSM M2C 6-spd) 🇨🇦

05-10-2021, 12:20 PM   #45
clee1982
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive

Garage List
Awesome write up
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2021, 05:40 PM   #46
C2Spin
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2CS, Porsche GT3 RS

Wow!! Truly amazing write up and what breathtaking photos. I think I gained 5 lbs. just looking at all the pictures. And, you only showed one post where you went to work out!! Pictures are truly inspirational - I felt like I was there with you. Your writing skills (enough but not overdone) kept me engaged. You definitely convinced me I need to do one of these Euro deliveries or just replicate a similar trip in a rental. Thank you!!!
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2021, 06:58 PM   #47
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2Spin View Post
Wow!! Truly amazing write up and what breathtaking photos. I think I gained 5 lbs. just looking at all the pictures. And, you only showed one post where you went to work out!! Pictures are truly inspirational - I felt like I was there with you. Your writing skills (enough but not overdone) kept me engaged. You definitely convinced me I need to do one of these Euro deliveries or just replicate a similar trip in a rental. Thank you!!!
Haha I SORELY miss that food. Seriously, it was legitimately painful writing this whole thing up and being in the circumstances we're in today (with Covid) but also remembering that BMW shut down this magnificent program. Sigh...
'20 BMW M2 Competition (6spd, Euro-delivered July '19)
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 09:51 PM   #48
wesleyan92
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8 GC || M5 Comp || X7 40i

Garage List
2021 BMW X740i  [0.00]
2021 BMW M5  [0.00]
What an incredible post. Even more fun is that the report is just not about the car. I loved the entire post, although I did take 5 days to finish it.
      05-13-2021, 07:42 PM   #49
bdogk
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2CS,M4GTS,'21-X3

Wow, truly an epic post and trips. Well worth my time just viewing all the pics alone.

You hit the nail right on more than once for me, in that I did both 2016/2017 M2 ED's with the BMW.ca M-Tours, and also very interesting to ready about your cross Canada trip as well since you stayed in the city where I live.
Appreciate 1
      05-14-2021, 04:44 AM   #50
hlm2c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Loved reading every part of your write up... Really awe inspiring and amazing.. pictures didn't load for me the other day so I waited until I could find something that would load the pictures to go along with your story. Definitely glad I did that. Thank you for taking the time to share your memories with us.
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2021, 09:23 AM   #51
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdogk View Post
Wow, truly an epic post and trips. Well worth my time just viewing all the pics alone.

You hit the nail right on more than once for me, in that I did both 2016/2017 M2 ED's with the BMW.ca M-Tours, and also very interesting to ready about your cross Canada trip as well since you stayed in the city where I live.
Which city?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 10:55 PM   #52
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Just had my summer wheels/tires put back on and some new parts installed!
  • M Performance Rear Diffuser
  • M Performance Carbon Winglets
  • M Performance Stainless Steel Pedals
  • M Performance Carbon Side Markers
  • M Performance Carbon Front Grille
  • IND x Acexxon F87 M2 Reflector Cosmetic Package (honeycomb/matte)
Snapped a few daytime pics but the car was unfortunately not washed well when I picked it up (and I was also in a rush).

At this point I feel like the car is almost complete for the time being. I'd love to get an authentic OEM M2CS hood, but it's almost $10k installed which is nuts.

I'm also debating getting coilovers at some point. I'll be tracking this car occasionally (already have) but for the kind of track events I'll be doing the car feels fine the way it is (I'm mostly just messing around trying to get sideways...I take the GT4 when I'm trying to take things a little more seriously). I wouldn't mind a drop (visually) but also love not having to worry about bottoming out anywhere (and the snow in the winter). I have heard that aftermarket suspension rides a lot better, although I don't really have any complaints at the moment.

Once my warranty is up I'll probably get the Akrapovic titanium Evolution Link pipe set, but that'll probably be in a year or two.

I've contemplated powder coating these 763M wheels OR the brake calipers Takata Green, and then if I did that I'd get matching seat belts, but it feels a little unnecessary with the M-coloured seat belts already and a little clashy with the blue interior stitching. Probably won't do it.

Otherwise I'm pretty happy the way it is! I'd love a smaller diameter steering wheel but now that I've had a heated wheel there's no way in hell I'm giving that up...you'd have to pry it out of my COLD dead fingers.

Anyways, just a little update! Will post some more shots of the car when it's clean soon!

Last edited by white2abbit; 06-24-2021 at 05:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 09:25 PM   #53
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Did a little dry car wash in my condo parking lot and went out for a little midnight city shoot.

Appreciate 3
      12-20-2021, 08:46 AM   #54
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Picked up a Fuji X100V a few weeks ago.

Appreciate 1
      01-11-2022, 02:37 AM   #55
willin11
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Do you take your pics yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by white2abbit View Post
Did a little dry car wash in my condo parking lot and went out for a little midnight city shoot.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 03:04 PM   #56
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willin11 View Post
Do you take your pics yourself?
Yup!

As I mentioned in the opening post:

"Some of these photos were taken with my iPhone (XS/11 Pro/12 Pro depending on the date) and others with my Go Pro, my Mavic Air or my Nikon D750, hence the differences in photo quality. Some are just quick "memory snaps" and others are more considered photographs. When all was said and done this post ended up being over 700 pictures, so bear with me!"

I recently got the iPhone 13 Pro and also picked up a Fuji X100V, so I'll be using those now as well.

Few shots from the Fuji after a little snowy drive on the weekend:

Appreciate 1
      06-02-2022, 07:52 PM   #57
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Exclamation

Part VI: COILOVERS AND A ROAD TRIP DOWN SOUTH

It’d been a little while since I’d had a proper adventure in the M2, so it was time for another road trip!

Most of the photos below were taken with my iPhone (13 Pro), but I also had my Fuji X100V on the trip. I’m still getting the hang of it…I’m not nearly as comfortable shooting with it as my Nikon D750, but it’s easy to toss in my backpack/glovebox so I figured I’d bring it along on this trip.

Before I set off on the road I decided I’d finally bite the bullet and swap out the OEM suspension for some coilovers. I was hesitant as I felt like the car was pretty decent already – and I mostly use this car for daily driving/road trip adventures, but something inside me made me pull the trigger on a set of KW V3. And wow am I glad I did!

I had the coilovers installed on Thursday, April 14th and left that same evening around 9pm on a somewhat-planned-somewhat-impromptu road trip down south towards Florida.
 We crossed the border into the US around midnight and drove through New York State heading towards Pittsburgh, PA, our first stop.

We got to our hotel at 4am, and to my disbelief was told that their computer systems were down so we’d have to wait 30 minutes before we could get to our room. Not the best thing to hear after you’ve been driving all night.

The next morning we got up and drove through West Virginia, making our way south. We stopped at Smoke on the Water BBQ in Elkins, WV. The food was alright, but it was a nice stop off for lunch.

My girlfriend found a place that wasn’t too out of the way that looked like a good little hike so we popped it into the map and headed towards it.

We hiked Seneca Rocks and then spent a bit of time at the top climbing around and taking pics.

After the hike we continued south and decided to spend the night in Lynchburg, Virginia. But on our way out I noticed the mountains in my rearview mirror and decided to pull over to take a few photos…and then next thing you know I’m getting chased away by a man with a shotgun.

The rest of the drive was quite curvy and awesome. I could finally feel the difference the KW V3 were making, and wow, what a difference. The car feels so much more planted to the road, and any body roll there was before feels non-existent now. The car takes twisties a lot more like my GT4 now (though admittedly I haven’t driven it since last fall). Not only that, but it absorbs bumps and road imperfections much better. One of my favourite mods so far, and something I wish I had done sooner.

The next day we hit the road, a road full of confederate flags and gun billboards. But nonetheless smooth sailing through Virginia and Georgia, all the way to Jacksonville, FL.

The warm weather felt really nice, especially after a long winter in Toronto. We went out partying in Jacksonville and woke up and had some overly sweet and savoury American brunch.

Snapped a few pics with the Fuji in the parking garage before heading off to our next destination in Florida.

Stopped along the water on the Sunshine Skyway bridge in Saint Petersburg to snap a few pics.

Saw a very opportune Florida vibe so I pulled over for a few pics in Sarasota (couple iPhone and a few Fuji shots).

Our next destination was the Lido Beach Resort just off the coast of Sarasota in Lido Key. Was a pretty cool feeling knowing that after just a few days of driving (and a shotgun scare) we were in tropical paradise.

We settled in and spent the next few days working and finding time to relax. It’s definitely a nice area I’d go back to, albeit a little sleepy.

After a few days we hopped back in the car and made our way to Riverview, a quiet suburb near Tampa. We stayed with my gf’s friend for a few days and spent most of the time working.

I also got my car detailed at "It's Time Auto Detailing” and Joe did an amazing job.

We drove into Tampa for dinner and caught a nice sunset.

The next day we worked and packed our things and on the way out stopped at Siesta Key Beach just to catch the sunset. It was pretty epic! Excuse the digital zooming.

We pulled into our next stop just at the stroke of midnight: Miami Beach.

Spent the next 3 days staying in South Beach and checking out the area as well as the mainland of Miami. Few miscellaneous pics from downtown Miami, Wynwood, the beach, etc.

On the way out of Miami I tried to stop at We Are Curated (after seeing their YouTube channel a bunch) but the door was locked. Wild collection inside though.

Figured it wouldn’t be successful trip to Miami without some Miami-esque photos so we looked around Wynwood for a few spots to shoot. Excuse the various colour tones and image quality…some are iPhone some are Fuji, and I was messing with the X100V’s film simulations.

After Miami we headed towards the Everglades National Park to go for an airboat tour. Neither of us had ever done it and it was pretty cool. We did a ~40 minute tour, and I think I’d opt for longer next time to get a little more time out there. Was quite surreal seeing gators in their natural habitat (and also on the side of the road later on on our drive out.

Our next goal was to get as far north as possible that day, so we drove and drove until we made it to Valdosta, Georgia around 2am where we crashed for the night. I must say though, the drive along US Route 41 aka Alligator Alley was quite surreal. It’s a pretty straight road, so it wasn’t about the driving, but it felt like we were the only people there. Us and nature. There were tons of signs for wildlife – panthers, bears, alligators, you name it. We saw a bunch of gators on the side of the road at times too. We pulled into Big Cypress National Preserve just to take a quick look around. Just managed to escape the Everglades before sunset…

Quick stop at a market to grab some Georgia Peach swag.

Lunch it Atlanta.

Then off to the Tail of the Dragon!

Once you get closer it really starts getting quite beautiful. There’s a huge dam there as well.

We arrived at the official Tail of the Dragon shop at 5:30pm and popped in for a quick sticker. To be honest I wasn’t actually sure where it started or ended, but the lady working there informed me we hadn’t even got to the start of it yet! After a few minutes poking around we hopped back in the car and decided to conquer the Dragon.

We drove the Tail from South to North, which takes about ~30 minutes. We stopped about 3/4 of the way there at a clearing with a really nice view:

We turned around once we got to the big lake (Chilhowee Lake), after snapping a few pics:

On the way out we stopped at the Historic Tapoca Lodge. There seemed to be some kind of Corvette meetup going on. The place is really beautiful and would be an awesome place to spend a night if you’re doing Tail of the Dragon. Next time…Anyways, we grabbed a coffee at hit the road.

We drove from Tail of the Dragon to Asheville, North Carolina and settled in for the night. Went to The Golden Pineapple and had one of best (smashed) burgers I’ve ever had in my life (burger night is only on Tuesdays FYI).

The next morning we woke up and worked out of a coffee shop for a little while and then checked out the arts district for a bit (which was really cool).

We left Asheville and headed up to Mount Mitchell State Park, stopping a few times to check out the view along the way.

We got to the top of Mount Mitchell, which is the highest peak of the Appalachian Mountains and the highest peak in mainland eastern North America. We got out and walked around for a bit and went into the forest for a quick little mini hike.

Some cool views and incredible roads on the way out too.

After a few hours of driving we stopped at Chipotle for a bite and then pressed on until we reached Salisbury, NC where we hit up a movie theatre to watch Everything Everywhere All at Once. Great movie. We had the theatre to ourselves…and I’m not talking just our cinema, but the entire building! Quite a quirky and cool theatre…perfect place for this movie.

We spent the night in Greensboro and then stopped at Blue Diamond Gemstone Panning in Cary. It was pretty fun…felt like a little kid. Was kinda disappointed it’s all pre-loaded though…but would be a cool learning experience for kids. Got a few souvenir rocks for the collection.’

From there we kept driving (stopped Chipotle again of course) and decided to swing by DC for an hour since neither of us had ever seen it.

We drove past the Pentagon first.

And then ended up behind another M2C for a little while. Hey if you’re on here!

Pulled over a couple times to snap a few pics with the Washington Monument in the background.

DC felt like a pretty cool city. All that was running through my head (as a Canadian) was the House of Cards intro music lol.

Pulled into the Capitol area to try and grab a few as well before we departed. Should have spent a bit more time here, and also, I have no idea what I’m doing with my Fuji.

From there we head to Drexel Hill in Pennsylvania to crash for the night. Saw a nice 3000GT as we pulled in. I grew up learning to drive manual in my dad’s Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo, which was also partially probably responsible for my love for cars. Was the first sports car I ever drove. My dad still has it to this day!

The next morning we decided to stop in Philly for lunch before making it to our final destination of the trip. MAN are the roads shitty downtown. I would never drive in that city again, it was outrageous. Craters everywhere. Toronto’s not great either, but wow. Pretty city though! Had always wanted to go after being a huge fan of It’s Always Sunny (even though that’s filmed in LA lol).

Had a pizza and a Philly cheesesteak from Angelo's Pizzeria. Both were very good, but not THE BEST I’ve ever had. I’d go back though for sure.

Got a couple mini cinnamon rolls and an Americano from Gleaner's Cafe before leaving. They were insanely good.

Gassed up in New Jersey (didn’t know you had to let them pump?) and then head towards our final destination: NYC.

We decided to stay in Brooklyn. I’d never stayed there and hotels were quite a bit cheaper. Also figured parking for the 2 nights would be a bit easier.

We checked into our hotel, had a shot of tequila and then head to Manhattan to go to Sleep No More. I won’t get into what it is (best to go in blind) but it was an amazing experience. Highly recommend. After that we went to the Comedy Cellar for a 1am show and got front row seats! Was an amazing set, and so cool to finally check out that comedy club. Slice of pizza and off to bed!

Woke up and grabbed a bagel from Court Street Bagels in Brooklyn (amazing) and then head over to Manhattan and spent the day walking around Central Park and up and down streets.

Caught the sunset back in Brooklyn.

Slice of pizza then off to EastVille Comedy Club for another round of laughs. The lineup wasn’t as good as the Cellar but we still had fun. Ended up making a friend after the show and the 3 of us went to El Zason for food and drinks. Ended up staying long past close and hung out with the owner (super nice guy) chatting almost until 5am.

And that was it! Up the next morning and time to head back to Toronto.

[img][/img]

…but not before making a crucial pit stop…

This may have been the most exciting stop of the trip haha. I was pretty excited as a massive office fan, and after seeing the office building itself in LA a couple years ago, I knew I had to complete the checklist and see Scranton itself.

A little while after another special thing happened…the M2C crossed the 50,000km barrier!

Saw a nice Gentian Blue 718 GT4 on the way north. Coming from Watkins Glen, perhaps?

Stopped for a bite at a place called Pudgie’s in Elmira, that had a surprisingly good sandwich and an impeccable logo.

Drove through a bit of rain (probably the most we had all trip) on the way up to Canada, but it was pretty.

And…that’s it! Back home in Canada. Just over two weeks later and with another 7,500km racked up and a lot of stories to tell.

I’m so happy with these KW V3 coilovers. They feel like they’ve fully transformed the car. And what a car it is. I fall more and more in love with it every time I do a trip like this. It’s the perfect (modern) all around car for me.

Stay tuned for another road trip coming soon! This time in something quite different…
Appreciate 4
snowbimmer5026.50
toned44.00
W///7483.50
      06-03-2022, 11:28 AM   #58
snowbimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850 GC - Carbon Black

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
Just finished your mega Florida trip last night. Looks like an absolute blast. I've been to most all of those places, but it was over several trips over several years. You really crammed a lot into it. Very impressive. Tail of the Dragon is missing for me, but still a bucket list item, however. Really want to do the Blue Ridge Parkway - all the way.

How long were you gone?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 12:18 AM   #59
kitskar
kitskar
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 comp

Fantasic Photos .... Fun Traveling along with You ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-05-2022, 10:04 AM   #60
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbimmer View Post
Just finished your mega Florida trip last night. Looks like an absolute blast. I've been to most all of those places, but it was over several trips over several years. You really crammed a lot into it. Very impressive. Tail of the Dragon is missing for me, but still a bucket list item, however. Really want to do the Blue Ridge Parkway - all the way.

How long were you gone?
It defintiely was a blast! The Blue Ridge Parkway was really nice...not sure exactly how much we did, but the parts we did see were great.

It was just over two weeks, I think 16 days.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2022, 11:23 AM   #61
reknilbesutnodi
Rep
Drives: BMW m3 comp xDrive

What a dream trip. Thank you for sharing and the inspiration. I’m hoping to do the same in a couple years
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2022, 12:23 PM   #62
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Just read your East Coast adventure. Wow, I'd love to do that with one of my M's one day. Thank you so much for putting it together, the pictures were great!
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 08:25 AM   #63
krm
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F87 CS, G21 B58

Thank you for sharing your adventure with us. Looks to be lots happy mileage with the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 05:22 PM   #64
VonB
Army Welder
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3   [7.00]
Awesome photos and thread, gosh I miss Europe!
Appreciate 1
      11-05-2022, 12:36 AM   #65
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonB View Post
Awesome photos and thread, gosh I miss Europe!
Speaking of which...I've got a European road trip update I need to get around to....
Appreciate 1
VonB1119.00
      05-06-2023, 02:23 PM   #66
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Just finished writing up the latest road trip journey!

If you liked reading through this one and wanna check out something similar take a look.

Check out the forum thread here.

Appreciate 0