BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Is this a reasonable price for an LCI?

12-16-2021, 04:01 PM   #1
essequattro
Registered
Rep
Drives: n/a

Is this a reasonable price for an LCI?

Hi, I'm considering buying this 2018 LBB DCT executive slicktop. Seems absurd to me to pay >$50k for any OG, but my nationwide online search for options I want didn't come up with many better deals, and KBB seems to think it's a great price. So is this reasonable for a fairly desirably spec'd, low-miles LCI with minor cosmetic defects? I'm okay spending this much if it's really where the market is.

Side note: has anyone purchased from Carvana before? How was the experience?

Last edited by essequattro; 12-16-2021 at 04:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 07:22 PM   #2
MicahPA
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by essequattro View Post
Hi, I'm considering buying this 2018 LBB DCT executive slicktop. Seems absurd to me to pay >$50k for any OG, but my nationwide online search for options I want didn't come up with many better deals, and KBB seems to think it's a great price. So is this reasonable for a fairly desirably spec'd, low-miles LCI with minor cosmetic defects? I'm okay spending this much if it's really where the market is.

Side note: has anyone purchased from Carvana before? How was the experience?
Just for reference, I purchased my 2018 with only 8,000 miles last month for $55,900. Manual transmission, executive package, carbon fiber mirrors and rear spoiler, and all service records through BMW dealership. While I do feel the price is a bit high, I had no problems paying for it because it's the exact car I wanted and will hopefully have a home in my garage for 20+ years.
Appreciate 2
      12-16-2021, 07:25 PM   #3
swampfox94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 F87 - M2 Competition

Garage List
Yes this is where the market is. You might get lucky with a forum member selling in the mid to high 40s. And no I would never buy from carvana. Too many horror stories and definitely overpriced for what you get
Appreciate 1
      12-18-2021, 01:33 PM   #4
(K)
Captain
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT (R.I.P.)

Reasonable? No. Unfortunately that's the market we currently live in so while it's not "reasonable" it's definitely, sadly accurate given the current conditions.
Appreciate 1
      12-26-2021, 09:28 PM   #5
essequattro
Registered
Rep
Drives: n/a

Thanks for the responses. Didn't end up purchasing the car due to DCT and concerns with Carvana but it did seem like a pretty good deal!
Appreciate 0