BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > LED headlights

02-27-2024, 02:15 PM   #1
elvir79
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 5

LED headlights

can someone tell me, if it's normal that the inner lights on my standard LED headlights are never on?
no matter what I do or turn on (long, short etc.)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 04:47 PM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Well, I can. It's fine (the same as 1 Series second generation LCI, I suppose). I can tell you more: if some light fails there should be a message and anyway, there is such a thing as "owner's manual" (you should have it in your car's infotainment system, likely on paper and as an official BMW mobile application if you like) you are supposed to be familiar with. There must be an answer to your question.
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2024, 01:34 AM   #3
elvir79
Enlisted Member
Rep

I read the manual and couldn't find anything. did stumble upon a video on youtube, where I saw a g30 with same lights (at night) and also noticed only the outside ones are on.
are they there only for aesthetics?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 06:17 AM   #4
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvir79 View Post
I read the manual and couldn't find anything. did stumble upon a video on youtube, where I saw a g30 with same lights (at night) and also noticed only the outside ones are on.
are they there only for aesthetics?
It's strange if headlights disposition is not covered in the manual: the manual for my car does have that in the "Mobility | Replacing parts | Replacing bulbs" section even though xenon and LED technologies must be maintained by professionals only... I guess I see: my headlights have all the variety of technologies and there are turn indicator DIY bulbs too - this can be why they explained the whole disposition while your whole LED lights might need not more than "No DIY!" warning from their point of view. "Empty your mind" to conform!

If every light you can turn on does appear to work (something happens ) and there are no computer warnings it should be fine. Yes, it's weird to have a "black hole" in the lamp (my car has a turn indicator light in the inner circle in question ) but doesn't BMW explore the "aesthetics" of weird ugliness lately? There's been plenty of discussion of it here around. Congratulate yourself you don't have the latest achievement in that field!
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2024, 09:05 AM   #5
jzeiler4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M240i xDrive vert

Even my 2004 E46 only had "flash to pass" lights in that position while the high and low beams were in the outer lamp area.
Appreciate 1
      02-29-2024, 10:14 AM   #6
elvir79
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
It's strange if headlights disposition is not covered in the manual: the manual for my car does have that in the "Mobility | Replacing parts | Replacing bulbs" section even though xenon and LED technologies must be maintained by professionals only... I guess I see: my headlights have all the variety of technologies and there are turn indicator DIY bulbs too - this can be why they explained the whole disposition while your whole LED lights might need not more than "No DIY!" warning from their point of view. "Empty your mind" to conform!

If every light you can turn on does appear to work (something happens ) and there are no computer warnings it should be fine. Yes, it's weird to have a "black hole" in the lamp (my car has a turn indicator light in the inner circle in question ) but doesn't BMW explore the "aesthetics" of weird ugliness lately? There's been plenty of discussion of it here around. Congratulate yourself you don't have the latest achievement in that field!
there's not a single pic of the headlights in the manual and like you wrote: if you have a problem, contact your dealer
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 01:30 PM   #7
DomMuc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

there is no bulb or led .. on the inner parts of the headlight.... and a g30 headlight is way different
Appreciate 0