BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California > Got a ticket with M performance exhaust

04-01-2022, 01:57 PM   #45
BallHog5873
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Manual, 2016 328D Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Who would even live in a state where such things were an issue? I mean, really? I'm just still in awe of all of this. I saw a video the other day of a detailer going over waterless wash in California and was like, WTactualF? You can't even use water???

Sorry man, but soooo happy with Missouri right now. I don't even need a catalyst, and can run any exhaust I like at any DB...and use as much damn water as I like washing my car. Just wow.
yeah that's not a thing. lol
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2022, 01:35 AM   #46
Jackhammer909
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2

I bought my M2 used with the comp exhaust already installed. carfax shows it as a lease trade in so I doubt someone spent $4k+ to put the exhaust and leave it at lease return. is there any way to find out if it was a dock install or dealer install before first sale?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2022, 05:43 PM   #47
Xspeedracer
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [10.00]
The correct response is I don't answer questions, and that law only applies to modified exhaust systems the car is stock the valve diverts more exhaust flow from the exhaust system by opening both pipes at the muffler for more flow and it's from the factory take him to court
Appreciate 2
west184.00
      04-20-2022, 06:15 PM   #48
west1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhammer909 View Post
I bought my M2 used with the comp exhaust already installed. carfax shows it as a lease trade in so I doubt someone spent $4k+ to put the exhaust and leave it at lease return. is there any way to find out if it was a dock install or dealer install before first sale?
pull a carfax and contact the dealer who sold the car and give them the VIN and ask them. they will/should know. not material though, IMO. many people pay the dealer to install stuff pre-delivery upon contract signed so that the car is fully to their liking on deliver date.

enjoy your new ride. this car delivers many shit happy grins and is a blast to drive. and every suby wrx driver will try to race you at stop lights. ignore them. they're trouble.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 02:27 PM   #49
Jackhammer909
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by west1 View Post
pull a carfax and contact the dealer who sold the car and give them the VIN and ask them. they will/should know. not material though, IMO. many people pay the dealer to install stuff pre-delivery upon contract signed so that the car is fully to their liking on deliver date.

enjoy your new ride. this car delivers many shit happy grins and is a blast to drive. and every suby wrx driver will try to race you at stop lights. ignore them. they're trouble.
carfax does not list the original selling dealer, no help there
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 02:11 PM   #50
west1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhammer909 View Post
carfax does not list the original selling dealer, no help there
call your local BMW dealer (hopefully you have a relationship with them) and ask them, by giving them the VIN, who the original selling BMW dealership was. your BMW VIN is in the BMW dealership database and the dealer will have a full list of all service records for the car since it was new, for all BMW dealer services performed. since BMWs come with the factory services, all the original visits would have been to a BMW dealer for service.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 02:46 PM   #51
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Such a great place to visit…

Always have a traffic lawyer on standby so you don't have to waste your time on such trivial things