BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > How To Get The Best Price On a BMW M2 Competition in Australia

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-27-2020, 12:44 AM   #45
Davil
Captain
Australia
1445
Rep
877
Posts

Drives: Various
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apue View Post
I often find Aug is the month that German makers change the spec.
I suppose M2C has been rolled out since Aug2018.
So Jan 2018 should be M2 LCI.

I got my car few weeks ago. I am very happy with the car.
Oh. The brake rotor is a bit strange that it makes very loud squeezy noise when a stone is stuck inside. I found it is a common problem with M cars.
I wish the fuel tank is bigger so it last further.
My M2C was built July 2018 and arrived here late September but was then held up in customs until early October. It was in the first batch of cars to arrive in Australia.

The problem you describe is with the big brake option as it doesn't have enough clearance with the wheel. The blue brakes are a better choice, much lighter and work very well. Just update pads and fluids for track day use.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 11:46 PM   #46
apue
Enlisted Member
Australia
12
Rep
31
Posts

Drives: Porsche Macan, BMW M2C
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: NSW

iTrader: (0)

Can you confirm if OPF is not installed in the Aussie version of M2C?
The manual says how to deal with the OPF cleaning.
Many car reviewers mentioned the OPF but some people online says we don't have the filter like the American version.

Yes, I can ask this question to a dealer but I haven't asked yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 01:57 AM   #47
HFW003
Colonel
HFW003's Avatar
Australia
2209
Rep
2,740
Posts

Drives: MY19 LBB M2 Comp
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Newcastle, Australia

iTrader: (0)

We don’t have OPF.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 07:45 AM   #48
fastcars
Private First Class
Australia
20
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2C
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW003 View Post
We donít have OPF.
Correct
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 10:13 PM   #49
apue
Enlisted Member
Australia
12
Rep
31
Posts

Drives: Porsche Macan, BMW M2C
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: NSW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcars View Post
Correct
Thanks for your confirmation.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 04:22 AM   #50
HiFi
Private First Class
48
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 Competition
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

If anyone is looking for an M2C feel free to get in contact, we have corporate relationships with BMW and can get our clients into them at best in market pricing (even on factory orders)
__________________
2018 M3 Competition - Alpine White | KW HAS | Bootmod3 CS+ Tune | AA Midpipe | CF Interior and Exterior bits
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 05:30 AM   #51
Superdaws
Lieutenant
Australia
37
Rep
446
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i M Sport Le Mans Blue
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Placed a deposit today for a BSM M2C Manual with 788M Jet Black, Carplay and Wireless. Build was required (no manuals avail at all), delivered likely end May. Price was very competitive. Ill miss the 135i when it goes, it been a great horse, but this machine is something else!

Achieved sub 90k no trade for those looking for more targets.
__________________

Incoming 2020 BMW M2 Competition Manual | Black Sapphire
OLD 2010 BMW 135i M Sport 6MT | Le Mans Blue
2016 BMW F15 X5 30D | Sapphire Black | Black Leather

Last edited by Superdaws; 02-16-2020 at 01:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 12:43 AM   #52
///Driver
Private First Class
///Driver's Avatar
Australia
44
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: Waiting for M2C
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdaws View Post
Placed a deposit today for a BSM M2C Manual with 788M Jet Black, Carplay and Wireless. Build was required (no manuals avail at all), delivered likely end May. Price was very competitive. Ill miss the 135i when it goes, it been a great horse, but this machine is something else!

Achieved sub 90k no trade for those looking for more targets.
WOW!

If I understood your post correctly, you've got a driveway price on a Built-to-Order, 2020-built M2C starting with an eight ($8x,xxx) is THE BEST price I have heard so far. Congratulations!!

Did your price include the BMW financing offer that knocks off $5,000? I'm not sure if that is still offered.

Any tips you can share with other, future readers, regarding your negotiation technique or buying tips? Did you ask your dealer, their best price? OR did you tell them what you were willing to pay?

Now the wait begins!! May hey? I'm April and I can't wait.

Congratulations once again.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 02:59 AM   #53
Superdaws
Lieutenant
Australia
37
Rep
446
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i M Sport Le Mans Blue
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Driver View Post
WOW!

If I understood your post correctly, you've got a driveway price on a Built-to-Order, 2020-built M2C starting with an eight ($8x,xxx) is THE BEST price I have heard so far. Congratulations!!

Did your price include the BMW financing offer that knocks off $5,000? I'm not sure if that is still offered.

Any tips you can share with other, future readers, regarding your negotiation technique or buying tips? Did you ask your dealer, their best price? OR did you tell them what you were willing to pay?

Now the wait begins!! May hey? I'm April and I can't wait.

Congratulations once again.
All correct, and no, no finance offer.

My employer corporate relationship with BMW certainly helps, and i have a relationship with the dealer already.

In regards to a negotiation, my tips would agree with a few posted in here already and others i would not do. IMO opinion dont ever say what your willing to pay, cause you wont ever beat your "willingness" price by much. That said, every situation is different. There's no right or wrong way... Above all else be absolutely willing to walk away.

Im no expert negotiatior, the fact i was unwilling to take anything but a manual transmission probably helped too (there were no manuals at all in Aus available in the dealer network).
__________________

Incoming 2020 BMW M2 Competition Manual | Black Sapphire
OLD 2010 BMW 135i M Sport 6MT | Le Mans Blue
2016 BMW F15 X5 30D | Sapphire Black | Black Leather
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2020, 05:38 AM   #54
apue
Enlisted Member
Australia
12
Rep
31
Posts

Drives: Porsche Macan, BMW M2C
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: NSW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Driver View Post
WOW!

If I understood your post correctly, you've got a driveway price on a Built-to-Order, 2020-built M2C starting with an eight ($8x,xxx) is THE BEST price I have heard so far. Congratulations!!



Now the wait begins!! May hey? I'm April and I can't wait.

Congratulations once again.
While it's the great price, remember he ordered a manual. In USA and Europe the dual clutch is an expensive option (USD 2900).
My guess is the BTO for M-DCT would be higher although the manual is NCO in Australia.
I think yours includes lots of options including the roof, right? I doubt if you can get it under 90k for your specs.

There are not many manual M2C so it'll retain good resale value.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 06:16 PM   #55
///Driver
Private First Class
///Driver's Avatar
Australia
44
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: Waiting for M2C
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apue View Post
While it's the great price, remember he ordered a manual. In USA and Europe the dual clutch is an expensive option (USD 2900).
My guess is the BTO for M-DCT would be higher although the manual is NCO in Australia.
I think yours includes lots of options including the roof, right? I doubt if you can get it under 90k for your specs.

There are not many manual M2C so it'll retain good resale value.
I think Superdaws' 'secret formula', aside from his excellent negotiation skill, is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdaws View Post
My employer corporate relationship with BMW certainly helps, and i have a relationship with the dealer already.
...having a relationship, personally and organisationally.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST