BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > LIFTED! Delivery Stop on Certain BMW M2, M3, M4, 5 and 6 Series For Rear Differential

07-23-2016, 05:56 AM   #309
JDubz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
They won't know anything credible. Regional BMW reps don't have information yet. Lots of speculation by dealers passing on anecdotal stuff but nothing concrete as far as I can see... and as Mo said, they don't have a fix yet. If they did, the dealers would have credible information. They are heavily interested in this and are just as frustrated as future owners are (well, almost as frustrated ).

Communication is key, I agree, but I don't think BMW has anything meaningful to say yet so they are waiting until they do (although they should have some official announcement in the interim).
I just called BMW relations and your statements are correct - they are playing the diplomatic card "talk to your CA". However, I have a request to speak to a supervisor to echo the message of please keep us informed. Personally, I don't need an update for my specific car today all though it would be nice but collectively I want to convey that communication about status is important as some are growing impatient or running out of other options (primary vehicle) or made travel arrangements (one way ticket to PCD) like me.

I encourage to call BMW relations to echo my sediments if you agree - as a collective whole we are requesting an update/improved communication.
NA phone# 1800-831-1117
Yeah I think it's unfortunate that basically the dealers have no information and that the folks in corporate point you to them instead of just telling you there is no information.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 06:05 AM   #310
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubz
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
They won't know anything credible. Regional BMW reps don't have information yet. Lots of speculation by dealers passing on anecdotal stuff but nothing concrete as far as I can see... and as Mo said, they don't have a fix yet. If they did, the dealers would have credible information. They are heavily interested in this and are just as frustrated as future owners are (well, almost as frustrated ).

Communication is key, I agree, but I don't think BMW has anything meaningful to say yet so they are waiting until they do (although they should have some official announcement in the interim).
I just called BMW relations and your statements are correct - they are playing the diplomatic card "talk to your CA". However, I have a request to speak to a supervisor to echo the message of please keep us informed. Personally, I don't need an update for my specific car today all though it would be nice but collectively I want to convey that communication about status is important as some are growing impatient or running out of other options (primary vehicle) or made travel arrangements (one way ticket to PCD) like me.

I encourage to call BMW relations to echo my sediments if you agree - as a collective whole we are requesting an update/improved communication.
NA phone# 1800-831-1117
Yeah I think it's unfortunate that basically the dealers have no information and that the folks in corporate point you to them instead of just telling you there is no information.
This is the exact same experience I had the other day. both the CA and BMW corporate pointing the finger at each other.

so incredibly frustrating.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 09:21 AM   #311
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
Very well said. As of right now, we don't have any info and BMW doesn't have a solution. The initial batch of 202 has grown significantly. I checked today and there were no updates on what BMW plans to do. We'll hopefully have something next week. There isn't a complete solution yet. How BMW will handle this, and how they'll get the proper parts for replacement are still up in the air.
Thanks Mo for the support on this topic.

I assume that MY17's are rolling down the production line? if so then what are they building with? If it's good enough for MY17 then why isn't it good enough for MY16? All rhetorical questions I know as we are so far removed from the supply chain. I would assume that BMW is trying to figure out the logistics...steal from production or wait for supplier to build a bank and then ship out around the world.

My advice to those in dire situations (primary vehicle) or losing patience is to voice your concern to BMW HQ. They can collect the volume of calls/complaints and escalate within BMW to communicate with the CA's and then eventually to us the consumer. We have a large voice - we are the ones paying their paychecks at the end of the day. it's unreasonable to demand an update today/this minute but it's not unreasonable to request to receive updates/communication.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 09:24 AM   #312
M Pulse
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '17 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
Thanks Mo for the support on this topic.

I assume that MY17's are rolling down the production line? if so then what are they building with? If it's good enough for MY17 then why isn't it good enough for MY16? All rhetorical questions I know as we are so far removed from the supply chain. I would assume that BMW is trying to figure out the logistics...steal from production or wait for supplier to build a bank and then ship out around the world.

My advice to those in dire situations (primary vehicle) or losing patience is to voice your concern to BMW HQ. They can collect the volume of calls/complaints and escalate within BMW to communicate with the CA's and then eventually to us the consumer. We have a large voice - we are the ones paying their paychecks at the end of the day.
It's not just MY16 cars that are affected by this. I ordered a MY17 M4 and it rolled off the production line on July 5th and my car is on delivery stop as well due to the rear diff.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 09:43 AM   #313
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Pulse View Post
It's not just MY16 cars that are affected by this. I ordered a MY17 M4 and it rolled off the production line on July 5th and my car is on delivery stop as well due to the rear diff.
Understood and not trying to be a dick but it's July-23 and I assume that cars are still being produced... and sunday, and Monday...

Last edited by drexplode; 07-23-2016 at 10:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 09:45 AM   #314
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Just dropped my car off for my 1200 mile service. I'm obviously one of the few who got their cars delivered already (took delivery 6/25/16).

My SA didn't even know about the stop delivery until I brought it up. My car is affected (obviously).

Leaving the car with them. Hope to have more info next week.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 10:47 AM   #315
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
We need confirmation from a credible source either that MY17 production is actually progressing or did they stop the production line or people are taking actual deliveries of cars. In either case, that would mean those of us taking ED next week and maybe the case of the guy yesterday who went to the Welt and they didn't even present his car - maybe they are fixing the ED cars with the new parts as we speak.

Also I hope this doesn't turn into a "Takata airbag" situation.

Sorry I just speculated didn't I...
      07-23-2016, 11:04 AM   #316
iceboss23
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
Believe me, I get it. At this point, that's what your CA's will tell you because they truly don't know.
Thanks for being so responsive and giving us what you can Mo. My point was that I get they dont know but if we're paying extra to have the car earlier and have this "amazing delivery experience" and getting neither I want some kind of concession on the price.
Appreciate 2
      07-23-2016, 11:37 AM   #317
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Big thanks to Mo fo being so helpful regarding these issues. Please let us know when you find out more.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 02:01 PM   #318
edwinm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahano
Mo fo
:

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 1
      07-23-2016, 02:12 PM   #319
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Ouch I wonder what is going on.
      07-23-2016, 02:25 PM   #320
lotusM3
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
My VIN is not on the list either but apparently my car is on delivery hold but customer service rep couldn't tell me why.

My car completed production on July 5th and when I called last week for an update is when I found out I was on delivery hold. Perhaps this is the reason why but I'm not 100% sure.

My car is a '17 M4 6MT with ZCP.

By the way, my car is still in Germany. As far as I know it hasn't boarded a ship yet.
My car is also a 2017 M3 manual with ZCP. I was on the phone thurs with BMW for over and hour and kept asking to speak to some one who could answer why my car was complete but waiting on carrier for weeks now.

I finally got the answer that 2017s are not being released yet to the dealer, they will likely be released aug/sept. No mention of recall etc. Just stated that are on hold because it is a 2017. Oh well, all I got.

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 02:59 PM   #321
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp Pack

Quote:
Wait! What!

You ordered your car in Feb and you still haven't taken delivery?? Individual? ED? Why such a long wait.

I ordered a MY17 M4 on June 21st and my car rolled off the production line on July 5th!
I am in the same boat as alexandertg21. I did a fully individual order, inside, and out. Final design was approved in February, and I was given a production number first week of March. My M4 is on a boat heading to the USA at this point, but is included in the stop sale. My performance center delivery has been put in limbo as it's unlikely they'll be able to keep my early September delivery date.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 05:58 PM   #322
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

i really hope all those bmw execs are sitting at a godam table right now figuring out a fix for this, and presenting it this week.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 06:38 PM   #323
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
i really hope all those bmw execs are sitting at a godam table right now figuring out a fix for this, and presenting it this week.
Trevor - I feel your pain. I wish that I knew something as well... Please call BMW HQ and file a complaint.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 07:50 PM   #324
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVU View Post
We were scheduled for PCD today. I've been working with my CA all week to understand whether or not my car was affected, and was told several times that it was not. We flew into Spartanburg yesterday, then the VIN list showed up on this thread. We called BMW and confirmed that we cannot take delivery of our car. We were told to show up at the Performance Center anyway, participate in the scheduled activities (minus delivery of the car), then find our own method of getting back home, there will be no car, and no loaner. Needless to say, neither my wife or I are in the mood for a day of BMW marketing Kool-aid and will be flying home this later morning.

Good luck everyone. If you have travel plans and time off from work scheduled around your delivery, push your CA and BMW Customer Care to confirm the status of your car. It seemed highly improbable that BMW would not contact us if our vehicle was affected, BEFORE we got on a plane(s), but that is exactly what happened.
Wait, what? Seriously? BMW did absolutely nothing for you to get home? I would have been beyond PISSED.

CAVU

Last edited by drexplode; 07-23-2016 at 08:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 07:54 PM   #325
visi107
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
More like finalizing their august vacation plans i bet.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 09:58 PM   #326
platinum903
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, F85 X5M, G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
Wait, what? Seriously? BMW did absolutely nothing for you to get home? I would have been beyond PISSED.

CAVU
I would raise holy hell just based on the principle of the matter.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 01:20 AM   #327
AmmarYasirA
Ammar
United_States
Rep
Drives: a lot

I don't even have a new M on order but I'm watching this thread like:

But I feel for you guys. A buddy of mine has his M2 waiting at the port for well over a week now and he's pisssseedd.
I would have raised hell at this point.
      07-24-2016, 04:20 AM   #328
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

My car arrives Tonight to port.. Let's see what will happen on pickup during the week.. Until now, I havent heard anything.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 07:17 AM   #329
ATX_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Current, G80 Comp - IOMG, Form

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVU View Post
We were scheduled for PCD today. I've been working with my CA all week to understand whether or not my car was affected, and was told several times that it was not. We flew into Spartanburg yesterday, then the VIN list showed up on this thread. We called BMW and confirmed that we cannot take delivery of our car. We were told to show up at the Performance Center anyway, participate in the scheduled activities (minus delivery of the car), then find our own method of getting back home, there will be no car, and no loaner. Needless to say, neither my wife or I are in the mood for a day of BMW marketing Kool-aid and will be flying home this later morning.

Good luck everyone. If you have travel plans and time off from work scheduled around your delivery, push your CA and BMW Customer Care to confirm the status of your car. It seemed highly improbable that BMW would not contact us if our vehicle was affected, BEFORE we got on a plane(s), but that is exactly what happened.

CAVU
I had a similar experience as CAVU being at the Performance Center and not taking delivery of my F80. But I will say the Performance Center staff was very accommodating with a rental car (X5 from Avis) to finish the rest of our planned vacation and flights home for me and my wife. I can't say enough good things about them...truly a first class group trying to make up for a first class mistake by someone across the pond.

Obviously the last couple chapters of this story haven't been written yet - I'm hoping BMW will make it "right" for each of us...tons of unanswered questions at this point. Good luck everyone!!
Appreciate 2
      07-24-2016, 08:15 AM   #330
visi107
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

And as a final kick in the nuts, My BMW website stopped tracking my car now and the lease account is fully set up.
Appreciate 0