BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Long Beach Blue and Alpine White M2 side-by-side comparison

02-23-2016, 07:30 PM   #23
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsk8r View Post
This is the first time someone has said they liked AW in person, everyone that saw AW at the Philly show wasn't too impressed.

What's your opinion on seeing the lines of the car in AW compared to LBB outside? I was thinking a non metallic paint wouldn't look good on this car.

Thanks for the pics btw
The fender flares are definitely more pronounced with LBB because it is a lighter metallic color.The fender flares still looked great on the Alpine White M2.They are just toned down a bit because it is a non metallic color.If you look at pics of an F80 M3 in Alpine White,the fender flares still look great,but lighter metallic colors in general seem to show the lines of a car better than non metallic paint colors.

I think the fender flares look fantastic in this old pic of my brothers LSB M3,which is also a non metallic color.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      02-23-2016, 07:33 PM   #24
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Slayer View Post
Is it just me, or am I the only one that doesn't see green on the LBB? Yes I have seen it outside multiple times. No I don't see teal or green.
Same here. I've seen LBB X5M outside in the sun and shade and all i saw was blue. Guess we're going color blind lol
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 07:39 PM   #25
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the pics! Ill have to take a drive there to check both these babies out.

Is it just me, or am I the only one that doesn't see green on the LBB? Yes I have seen it outside multiple times. No I don't see teal or green. I just see blue, darker or lighter depending on lighting conditions. Maybe im just not looking at the area of metal where the sun is directly hitting the car, and instead focusing on the whole car?

I personally love LBB and will be getting mine in that color. Every color will look wicked on this car. But for me the other 3 colors just don't excite me enough, maybe its because I don't want the car to blend in.

On a side note, I am surprised nobody mentioned the sunroof on the LBB?? Why does it have a sunroof/moonroof?
I didn't notice the sunroof on the LBB M2,but after looking at the pics again it looks like you are correct.That is strange why they would have the car spec'd that way,when the sunroof isn't an option in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 09:00 PM   #26
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Nice shots! The more I see LBB, the more I think it is the right color for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 10:09 PM   #27
csbear
Major
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Quote:
On a side note, I am surprised nobody mentioned the sunroof on the LBB?? Why does it have a sunroof/moonroof?
Didn't notice that! I am guessing it is the the Canadian spec?? (EDIT: Just saw that it shouldn't be) Weird..... I think Euro spec M2s get sunroof/moonroof if I'm not mistaken. U.S. does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
That's what's so great about LBB. You're getting 2 colors for the price of one

Don't get me wrong, I like blue cars and all, but I much prefer Estoril, Laguna Seca and Long Beach Blue over say Lemans and San Marino Blue for example.
Laguna Seca... such a good color. Not sure if I've seen anyone comment negatively against it. But yes, LBB will be the color for me on this car. I also really like Mexico Blue. That F80 on the forum (with Mexico Blue) is one of my favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Yes, SO would have been a no brainer for me...would have been one of the easiest decisions in my life! LOL!
SO, one of my all time favorites.... And it is also offered as a non-individual color for the most part, another big positive.

As for Alpine White, I am thinking that a large amount of people who get that color are getting a bunch of carbon fiber/black parts. That's the biggest lure for me on AW.

Last edited by csbear; 02-23-2016 at 10:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 10:25 PM   #28
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post
As for Alpine White, I am thinking that a large amount of people who get that color are getting a bunch of carbon fiber/black parts. That's the biggest lure for me on AW.
That was the only reason i was looking at AW was to add CF parts but someone said in another post having to add CF/black parts to a car just to make the color look good didn't make sense and i agree. Car should look good stock but for some reason AW doesn't, LBB does
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2016, 11:34 PM   #29
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
That was the only reason i was looking at AW was to add CF parts but someone said in another post having to add CF/black parts to a car just to make the color look good didn't make sense and i agree. Car should look good stock but for some reason AW doesn't, LBB does
I think AW looks good stock but I would add the same CF pieces no matter what color I got...well, except for black? You don't need to justify your color to us dude! Enjoy what your getting!
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 12:48 AM   #30
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
It's easier to see the shadows especially when looking at the front bumper, fangs seem to look flat and have no dimension in AW.
Another way of saying those exaggerations are classily understated in AW.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 01:57 AM   #31
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

I didn't realise how much a difference the colour makes in showing how pronounced the rear fenders look until i saw these, in some pictures of the AW unfortunately they are not that noticable.

Great to see pictures of LBB with a sunroof as that's how i've specced mine.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 06:45 AM   #32
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post
Didn't notice that! I am guessing it is the the Canadian spec?? (EDIT: Just saw that it shouldn't be) Weird..... I think Euro spec M2s get sunroof/moonroof if I'm not mistaken. U.S. does not.

Laguna Seca... such a good color. Not sure if I've seen anyone comment negatively against it. But yes, LBB will be the color for me on this car. I also really like Mexico Blue. That F80 on the forum (with Mexico Blue) is one of my favorites.

SO, one of my all time favorites.... And it is also offered as a non-individual color for the most part, another big positive.

There was a ton of commotion when the E46 was launched because they replaced the beautiful Estoril with a Smurf looking blue. I personally loved it (although I'm more of an Imola Red fan), but there were definitely people that hated it. Really not that different than the complaints we see with LBB really.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2016, 07:19 AM   #33
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
I went to BMW Canada today hoping to see a LBB M2 outside in the sunlight.To my surprise they had a LBB M2 next to an Alpine White M2 in the parking lot.

I thought that the M2 would look good in LBB,after seeing an X5M in LBB, but after seeing the color again today,i have realized that I just wouldn't be happy with the color.The color really does completey change from an Estoril Blue shade inside,to turquoise out in the sun.I don't like the turquoise color in the sun.

Thankfully Alpine White is available on the M2 because it really looks fantastic.The color looks good in pics but looks even better in person.I will definitely be calling my SA tomorrow to change my order to Alpine White.

Here are some pics of both colors.The pictures make LBB look like Estoril Blue but it is really a turquoise blue outside in the sun.
I must agree with you on that one. LBB is a very complex color. IMHO, I really like the fact it stands out when placed next to a EB car (note: I had the opportunity to see a 3 series EB next to a X6M LBB outside). LBB really has the greenish-summer feel to it compared to EB (more on the purple, redish).

I encourage everybody to go see LBB IRL because some may get surprises.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of AW next to LBB and good luck with your purchase.
Appreciate 2
      02-24-2016, 09:46 AM   #34
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
But for me the other 3 colors just don't excite me enough, maybe its because I don't want the car to blend in.

Exactly why I chose LBB.

Dammit, maybe I can still get my car from Canada so it has a sunroof.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 10:18 AM   #35
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

I don't know. This looks awesome!
Attached Images

VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 3
      02-24-2016, 01:02 PM   #36
King_Slayer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
Exactly why I chose LBB.

Dammit, maybe I can still get my car from Canada so it has a sunroof.
It shouldn't have one, we don't have that option here
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 01:03 PM   #37
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
It shouldn't have one, we don't have that option here
Hmmm.

OP, can the dealership perhaps explain this phenomena?

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 01:03 PM   #38
King_Slayer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I don't know. This looks awesome!
That does look awesome..........but the other one to the left looks Awesomererer
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2016, 01:12 PM   #39
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

I love white cars but the white makes it look like a cheap rental car
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 01:14 PM   #40
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
omg shots fired.

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 01:17 PM   #41
gtaM2
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 BSM 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
i wouldnt go that far but i do know what you mean, lots of the plastic panels like the rear diffuser and the side M2 grill stand out more, m performance parts would solve this...white is built for m performance
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 01:57 PM   #42
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
Hmmm.

OP, can the dealership perhaps explain this phenomena?
The cars are both BMW Canada vehicles.They are at the BMW Canada head office in Toronto.I don't know what they are using them for but maybe the LBB M2 was ordered by a BMW employee,who wanted a sunroof.There is a special order code ZSP,in the options list of the Canadian M2 order guide.It lists the special order as costing $400.So maybe if a Canadian wants to special order the sunroof,BMW Canada will order it for the customer.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 02:00 PM   #43
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Well that's nice.

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 02:11 PM   #44
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M COMP, '23 iX xDrive50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
I love my "cheap rental"
Attached Images