BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > My new HS M2C - build thread updated

12-19-2018, 12:20 PM   #67
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
Wow, don't these just look badass? BMW has done a great job of sourcing very nice carbon fiber. Please note, "Made in China". Chinese production is a very basic factor of QC.

I recommend using a blunt ended trim tool to remove the caps. Steady, strong pressure slowly removes the clips. I'm getting used to removing trim. Beating on it breaks clips for sure. Much easier than doing the rear diffusor.

Mirror cap removal tool
BMW owns one of the world's largest high-quality carbon fiber production facilities.
      12-25-2018, 10:28 AM   #68
jagged
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp M/T

Quote:
Time for some serious upgrades to the sound system. Had the same system in my 2017 and I can tell you all of the drivers are the same. HOWEVER, along with the touch screen for the media system, they added more power to the amplifier! Anyone that has researched the prior HK audio system knows that you can almost turn up the volume all the way to produce a desirable listening level. In the C, even with higher ohm speakers, full volume will produce very serious listening levels. Nicely improved. However, I didn't hear much real improvement in sound through the OEM drivers. Big gains to be had by simply dropping in compatible drivers into the stock locations and use them with the stock system and good quality music.

How was the Focal install process? Was it plug n play or did you have to put some holes on the panels? Is it a worthy upgrade over the HK speakers?

I daily drive my M2C so I’m curious on the Focal upgrade especially if its not too much of a hassle.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 12:29 AM   #69
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagged View Post
How was the Focal install process? Was it plug n play or did you have to put some holes on the panels? Is it a worthy upgrade over the HK speakers?

I daily drive my M2C so I’m curious on the Focal upgrade especially if its not too much of a hassle.

Thanks!
Wow, missed this post, sorry about that. The install is not bad, but removing door panels for the first time can be tricky for the uninitiated. The Focals are drop in replacements, even with matching connectors. They are totally worth it and really upgrade the sound. Tighter bass, sweeter highs and way more punch. Top notch audio always make a daily drive more pleasurable. You could install the front speaker set in the rear shelf, but they are about $250 a pair and not really worth it for the rears. The coaxes I used were high quality, but only $100 a pair. They need modification to fit though.

Curiously, Focal does not export these to the US. You'll need to buy them from Germany. Easy to get from Extreme Audio and they provide great service.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 09:43 AM   #70
jagged
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp M/T

Quote:
Wow, missed this post, sorry about that. The install is not bad, but removing door panels for the first time can be tricky for the uninitiated. The Focals are drop in replacements, even with matching connectors. They are totally worth it and really upgrade the sound. Tighter bass, sweeter highs and way more punch. Top notch audio always make a daily drive more pleasurable. You could install the front speaker set in the rear shelf, but they are about $250 a pair and not really worth it for the rears. The coaxes I used were high quality, but only $100 a pair. They need modification to fit though.

Curiously, Focal does not export these to the US. You'll need to buy them from Germany. Easy to get from Extreme Audio and they provide great service.
Hey, thanks for the feedback! I might go Focal IFBMW-S plus the Focal subs also since its available where I'm from. But I'll check out Extreme Audio if they can give me a better deal.

For rear, I'll follow your suggestion too. Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 10:41 AM   #71
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Making progress. I've taken out some of my piano black trim for real carbon fiber trim pieces. I was really tired of that open pore carbon stuff. More to come...
Looking to work a deal for forum members interested.

Before:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2cAYGQS]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2bznoBd]

After:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/R54FsJ]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2dcPvKx]
Hi, any news about the dashboard carbon trim?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 01:44 PM   #72
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RS4_ View Post
Hi, any news about the dashboard carbon trim?
Yes! Got it but haven't installed it yet. Check my mods video for a preview.
Appreciate 1
VIERsr2620.50
      02-14-2019, 07:28 PM   #73
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep

Exciting stuff! Got the calipers painted red - the way they should have come standard from BMW. At least they will pop with the standard Comp wheels.

Appreciate 3
cptobvious2531.50
Poochie9103.00
Kankles1484.50
      02-18-2019, 09:23 AM   #74
MMMBRAP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
What happened to the other pedal? Ah, I really think the manual is overrated. I'm really liking the DCT coming from a manual car. Yes, believe it or not the brake pedal is exactly the same as on the manual car.

Oh, you'll need a titanium drill bit to drill through the brake pedal, it is really tough. The accelerator is plastic, of course.

My dealer threw in the all weather floor mats. They have a really cool M stripe on them that really nicely coordinates with the pedals. The cheap stock mats don't even have BMW or an M on them.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2aG7AqF]
Have a question on this. Does the car come with the alum dead pedal standard, or is that an option?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 09:44 AM   #75
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMBRAP View Post
Have a question on this. Does the car come with the alum dead pedal standard, or is that an option?
It does, and that makes the black rubber stock pedals look a bit worse then they would otherwise. I will, at some point, change mine.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 09:45 AM   #76
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMBRAP View Post
The alum dead pedal is standard. I plan to install the others pedal covers as well. They look great.

Last edited by devo; 02-18-2019 at 09:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 03:43 PM   #77
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep

Wow, finally a chance to provide some updates. I've installed the OEM splitter, had the car ceramic coated and had the roof done in black vinyl and the covered in Xpel. Car really looks great. I'm waiting on a final piece to finish the interior, then I'll post pics with the full polished carbon interior trim and V1 wheel. Here are some pics:

Appreciate 4
mhanism277.00
cptobvious2531.50
qnet681.50
      05-30-2019, 12:33 AM   #78
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
ryem3 I wrote to Din Mann via email and on facebook for the carbon trims but they never replied
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 10:07 AM   #79
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RS4_ View Post
ryem3 I wrote to Din Mann via email and on facebook for the carbon trims but they never replied
Try instagram. Dinmann
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 08:30 PM   #80
speedsnice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

It looks amazing, I am looking forward to an update on YouTube.

I placed an order for a 2020 Alpine White, Executive package with DCT. Dealer told me that the allocation is for July, I am looking forward to modding it. Also located in NY.
Appreciate 0