07-18-2018, 06:48 AM   #199
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
I m saying you can go n get that M2C for under105k drive away NOW...I will repeat once again everyday is a SALE DAY!
Yes that would be correct. But it would be less if the dealers had factory support!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 06:55 AM   #200
Tricki
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejM View Post
No trade in.

I did get the EOFY offer of the GST off the price which saved a bit but anyone could have gotten than before June 30.

Melb has a dealer at docklands? I know there's Southbank and King's Way. Southbank were keen to discount the M3 Pure beyond $120k which was tempting tbh
Sorry I meant Southbank not Docklands!!
Mo from Southbank did me a deal on the outgoing M2 in March. Maybe I should see what he can do for me on the M2C
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 07:43 AM   #201
deejM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Oh dear. Someone at that dealer is going to be in trouble. Well done though. But check under the bonnet when you take delivery.
I always check under the bonnet. After I have kicked the tyres and enquired about the original air in them.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 09:46 PM   #202
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

wow, demand must be pretty low for them to be discounting already
      07-18-2018, 11:13 PM   #203
SL1
Rep
Drives: M2

care to share the invoice without dealership details or your name? Not that we don't trust you, but just extra ammo if anyone is negotiating and we have evidence to show that its been done. About time the community bands to together to take on stealerships
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 01:26 AM   #204
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

So in @WAY defence local dealer confirmed Pure to be released in November.

Also I rang BMW Genius to find out the status codes on my build and they are unable to provide that info. Said go back to dealer. On face value the US Genius peeps seem to have more access to details.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 06:52 AM   #205
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR RIZK View Post
So in @WAY defence local dealer confirmed Pure to be released in November.

Also I rang BMW Genius to find out the status codes on my build and they are unable to provide that info. Said go back to dealer. On face value the US Genius peeps seem to have more access to details.
Lol thanks, but no defence required. I knew what I was saying but obviously no one else had heard that previously so you don’t believe me.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 11:40 PM   #206
den525
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

How are people getting m2c for under 105k? Dealers have hardly any allocations
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 02:39 AM   #207
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by den525 View Post
How are people getting m2c for under 105k? Dealers have hardly any allocations
At gun point..

At the end of the day u need to be able to walk away from the deal and try another dealer. If there are deals to be had walk in with your deposit, name a price and spec then be prepared to walk away if it isn't close. Do I believe some landed a base M2C drive away at 105, yes, do I believe some paid around 110 yes etc.

Does not mean everyone will be offered the same deal. All comes down to the dealer and your luck on the day imo. Give Karmic 2% commission and u will still be ahead
      07-21-2018, 06:44 AM   #208
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
At gun point..

At the end of the day u need to be able to walk away from the deal and try another dealer. If there are deals to be had walk in with your deposit, name a price and spec then be prepared to walk away if it isn't close. Do I believe some landed a base M2C drive away at 105, yes, do I believe some paid around 110 yes etc.

Does not mean everyone will be offered the same deal. All comes down to the dealer and your luck on the day imo. Give Karmic 2% commission and u will still be ahead
Comes down to supply and demand. I think demand will shortly exceed supply. Then it won’t.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 07:00 PM   #209
den525
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Quote:
At gun point..

Comes down to supply and demand. I think demand will shortly exceed supply. Then it won’t. "seesaw"
I just don't see how it's ever possible to get those deals, 1) a car which doesn't even have an official price 2) a lack of supply. That Bmw would do such massive discounts already!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 12:55 AM   #210
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

Quote:
I just don't see how it's ever possible to get those deals, 1) a car which doesn't even have an official price 2) a lack of supply. That Bmw would do such massive discounts already!
i bet you could if youre persistant enough, and at the right place and the right time..

im happy to save a couple of days (weeks?) instead of wasting time to pinch every penny from the dealer.. they work in a service industry, and i dont think its the end of the world for them to make some money in exchange for their service

that said, im a fairly informed customer and i would never get 'ripped off' either

it just depends how one values his time i suppose.. i guess my attitude would be different if i was a flipper, but i tend to only get a new car 4/5 years, so a few grand here and there
      07-22-2018, 02:01 AM   #211
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep

Stupid question. Does the production date for your VIN lookup match the build week?
      07-22-2018, 11:47 PM   #212
den525
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who? View Post
Quote:
i bet you could if youre persistant enough, and at the right place and the right time..

im happy to save a couple of days (weeks?) instead of wasting time to pinch every penny from the dealer.. they work in a service industry, and i dont think its the end of the world for them to make some money in exchange for their service

that said, im a fairly informed customer and i would never get 'ripped off' either

it just depends how one values his time i suppose.. i guess my attitude would be different if i was a flipper, but i tend to only get a new car 4/5 years, so a few grand here and there
I don't think it's about persistence... I've negotiated for plenty of cars in the past... unfortunately I'm just skeptical at the mentioned prices (under 105k driveaway)

A car that Bmw Australia don't even have yet, it's still pre-order with limited allocations, I don't see how any Bmw dealer or Bmw Australia would ever approve these kind of discounts, when there are people who are willing to pay full price. In a few months time? Sure 15k-20k discount will be doable, I just don't believe those prices now.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 12:04 AM   #213
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
I don't think it's about persistence... I've negotiated for plenty of cars in the past... unfortunately I'm just skeptical at the mentioned prices (under 105k driveaway)

A car that Bmw Australia don't even have yet, it's still pre-order with limited allocations, I don't see how any Bmw dealer or Bmw Australia would ever approve these kind of discounts, when there are people who are willing to pay full price. In a few months time? Sure 15k-20k discount will be doable, I just don't believe those prices now.
I'd say it was mistake by the dealer. The poster got the "GST free" offer in June which was available for M2 on the M2C by mistake. Lucky him.

Personally, the M2C is the first car I have seen in 18 years that motivated me to go into a Gollum "wants it" mentality which happened to co-incide with me having decent money at the moment so I don't need any finance. TBH the only reason I asked for a discount is because I would have been in trouble from my wife if I didn't ask for one.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 02:51 AM   #214
bwhouse
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM M2C

Quote:
Considering he said it is a Nov delivery, I wonder if it is a PURE edition which would explain the difference in price.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 03:32 AM   #215
papertarget
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Lci

Nobody who has claimed this mythical 105 drive away has yet to show dealer invoice.... black out the dealer name.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 04:58 PM   #216
kab_m2
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i, X1 25i, M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnah View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
Quote:
Why are people say 130-135? It will be same price as current M2. When new around $115k driveaway.

However the option list looks extensive! The options can go as high as $30-40k guess depends what will come standard.

But price won't be m3 territory (130k driveaway) that's ridiculous
But that $115k is with all the current options fitted, I'd be surprised the Comp with only those options would be the same 115k. Add the new options plus all the new & extensive list of M Performance bits I reckon it won't be hard to get to M3 pricing, the buyer will be someone who wants the best driver's car & doesn't need 4 doors or a bit of luxury.
Let's not forget carbon roof etc are m performance extras just like the exhaust...

So when I refer to $115k it'll be the M2 standard car with all the standard options from factory (which Australia always get it fully loaded).

I don't even understand how the carbon fibre roof option will work... it can't be an aftermarket part... can it?
The cf roof will be fitted at the factory or more likely at the port.
It will be fitted by the dealer, same as the current range of M Performance parts
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 11:36 PM   #217
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Just got offered 119 with black wheels and brakes

Interestingly they don't recommend the CF roof - unfortunately, being fitted at the dealer, they have to cut the existing roof off to fit the new one. Once this is done, the rigidity is lost. And unfortunately, no option to fit at factory either.

Last edited by yawn; 07-24-2018 at 01:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 11:53 PM   #218
bwhouse
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM M2C

Official pricing is now out. The M2C is 104,900 inc gst & lct and the M2C Pure is 99,900 inc gst & lct.

Note these prices don't include dealer delivery and on-roads, so it is closer to 114k driver away with no options.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 04:47 AM   #219
Sumotang
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Mineral Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhouse View Post
Official pricing is now out. The M2C is 104,900 inc gst & lct and the M2C Pure is 99,900 inc gst & lct.

Note these prices don't include dealer delivery and on-roads, so it is closer to 114k driver away with no options.
It's not on the website yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 05:33 AM   #220
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
I’m not sure what all those pricing above represent but RRP is now $100/105k for M2 Comp Pure/M2 Comp. Minus $10 to be specific lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhouse View Post

Was out a week ago. 😉
Appreciate 0