BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > New owner soon...(i hope)

02-13-2020, 10:47 AM   #23
xxyion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

Update:

So i went in and talked to the sales manager as i had some time the other day. I explained to him that i was dissapointed in the lack of urgency in trying to get a car secured for me especially considering that i was ready to buy. He told me they would look for a new car for me. I told them, dont bother i already found one. I showed them a Black Sapphire Metallic M2C with Manual, Black and Blue Stitching with the Executive Package for 61k. ANd then i told them that i would like this car at the same price that the other one was quote to me for. For reference, the previous car i wanted did NOT have the Executive Package. Manager took the sales person aside and after some talking or whatever he came back and told me that while he couldnt do the same price as the other one, he would offer the same number discount the other one had. This brought the price down to only about 500$ more than the previous one. I said yes, signed the document locking in the price and here i am again waiting to see if they can secure the vehicle for me.

I think this will be my last attempt to get an M2 Comp this year. If for whatever they cant secure this one then i'm going to just wait it out and get ready for the 2021 model. This has taken already 2 months of negotiating and back and forth and right now i'm kinda tired of it. But keeping my head up, the car still shows available on the website, so i'm hoping that they are doing their due diligence this time and will actually secure the vehicle for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 10:55 AM   #24
Sarg33
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M

I am glad to hear they are working with you, I truly hope they contact you soon with great news.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 11:15 AM   #25
xxyion
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg33 View Post
I am glad to hear they are working with you, I truly hope they contact you soon with great news.
Me too, but i am losing a lot of faith with this dealership. I messaged him today and asked if we'd be able to hear back by tonight and all he said was "We shall see."

I mean cmon man way to seem like you could care less about this sale. I mean maybe my expectations are too high? I dont know. I'll be glad when this is done with and i am driving away in my new car.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 11:24 AM   #26
Sarg33
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I understand your frustration, but a lot of this weighs on the dealership that has the car as well. All your dealer can reach do is reach out to the dealership that has the car and try to work a trade/deal with them. It is all up to that dealership to decide if they want to respond in a timely manner and or do the deal. It sucks and it is mind numbing not being in control of the process. It's all part of the car buying game. Think of it this way, you are waiting a day or two to find out or you are waiting until 2021. I wish you the best and hope it is good news.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 12:18 PM   #27
xxyion
Captain
Rep

No but thats the thing. They shouldnt need to do any trades. This is AutoNation. Its much like dealing with CarMax. Because its all one company, there shouldnt be any requirements to get a car from one AutoNation dealership to another just like how there arent any requirements for CarMax to get one car from their store to another.

It is possible however that seeing as how all these people work for AutoNation, they get commission based on number of cars sold rather than the price, and so for this guy one car sale is not worth all the effort this might take to secure the sale when he can just talk to someone walking in and sell them another car.

Either way i'm probably just being impatient lol
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 10:29 AM   #28
xxyion
Captain
Rep

Woohoo!!

Car is secured!! Finally got the email from the Sales Manager yesterday that they have secured the car and are going to setup transport. I dont have a set date yet but he had emailed me about the confirmation at night around when they close so i assume he will be finalizing transport details today and will give me an ETA for the car. I'm relieved now that i dont have to worry about if i get the car, now its just a when. And this wait is a lot easier to deal with haha.

I'm super excited as this is exactly the M2C that i want. Black Sapphire Metallic, Manual, Executive Package. I'm soooo excited.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 11:16 AM   #29
Sarg33
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Awesome news! Glad to hear it worked out.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 11:42 AM   #30
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyion View Post
Woohoo!!

Car is secured!! Finally got the email from the Sales Manager yesterday that they have secured the car and are going to setup transport. I dont have a set date yet but he had emailed me about the confirmation at night around when they close so i assume he will be finalizing transport details today and will give me an ETA for the car. I'm relieved now that i dont have to worry about if i get the car, now its just a when. And this wait is a lot easier to deal with haha.

I'm super excited as this is exactly the M2C that i want. Black Sapphire Metallic, Manual, Executive Package. I'm soooo excited.
Excellent news! It all worked out in the end!
Appreciate 0