04-24-2016, 08:37 PM   #1
Pyrat 2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
M2 One Lap of America 2016 Preview

I was at the BMW Performance Center on Friday picking up my M2. I'll post other threads on the delivery at the performance center (10+ out of 10) and on the car. While there I started chatting with Matt Mullins, chief driving instructor, and Mike Renner, don't know his title. Anyway we were chatting about the M2 and they asked if I was familiar with the One Lap of America (http://www.onelapofamerica.com). I was and then they asked if I would promise to not hold them personally accountable for any subsequent expenditures that I might make if they were to pull the car out to see and hear.

Now of course it didn't take but about a picosecond for me to jump onto the chance. So they had someone pull the car out of storage while we chatted for a few minutes and then Mike walked me out back to look and hear the car. Mike indicated that the car is 100% stock except for the BMWP parts of which it has most if not all all of them. The coilovers were installed and the stance of the car was perfect. He indicated that they were most of the way lowered. Then the exhaust. Woah! I've been nixing this exhaust because of the price and the gadgety bluetooth remote. I'll tell you though, when hear this thing you know why it has to have two modes. I don't care what neighborhood you live in. If you fire up this car and drive it in the race mode the local policemen will be frequenting your house because of complaints.

I could feel the credit card in my wallet had an attraction to this exhaust. Instantly you own a real race car just by putting this on the car and slapping some sponsor decals on it.

Mike will be driving the car along with Steve Maguire in the One Lap which starts on April 30. Mike did indicate that the car is running in the stock class because all parts can be ordered from the factory and you can have it delivered with them all installed at your dealer. In reality none of the parts really helps the performance other than the coilovers but those alone should help significantly at the track events which are part of the broader One Lap event.

Anyhow, take a look and listen to the exhaust and pics of the car.

Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      04-24-2016, 09:09 PM   #2
buddalun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911 x 2, Tesla M3P & MYP

Most excellent. Thank you for sharing. I like the way MPE sounds.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 09:49 PM   #3
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

I was signed up for One Lap of America with my x1 before it was totaled....sucks, I was really looking forward to it.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 11:43 AM   #4
omasou
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]