BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Water Meth Injection setups

04-07-2018, 08:30 PM   #23
GerardzM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashburyn54 View Post

The IAT differences are amazing. Watching them drop. If done right even on a stock car with a small nozzle it will make more power, more consistently and safely. I'm not a fan of the maintenance, extra complexity or weight. That's the trade off.
This!

It never gets old, chemical cooling will beat out any FMIC any day.
But again....maintenance, making sure you don't go dry, etc.

Although much simpler then the HFS-4 I ran on an older car.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2018, 05:10 PM   #24
Dirtboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87, F97

I wish somebody would make a tank like this subwoofer enclosure:

http://musicarcertified.com/product/...fer-enclosure/
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2018, 07:24 PM   #25
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

These guys make quality stuff. I used to use a kit from AA back when I had supercharged my E36 M3. They put together a kit centered around the Aquamist Pumps and Nozzles.. Today, the Aquamist stuff is more sophisticated than it was back then, and Im sure the quality is still there.

http://www.aquamist-direct.com/aquamist-systems/
      08-16-2018, 10:13 PM   #26
Lodi
formerly M3AN 46
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 Ultimate Pkg

What are most of you guys running for nozzles? Single or duals? What flow rates/nozzle sizes? If running dual nozzles, where are they placed? My vrsf charge pipe has a single bung placed for injection, so I'm looking for ideas on where is optimal for the second nozzle. I've got DINAN P2 kit with intercooler and upgraded turbo so I do think I'd rather run a dual setup, but curious what setups you guys decided on and why...
Appreciate 1
VegasM285.50
      08-28-2018, 10:29 AM   #27
m2rs4_official
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Snow Performance Stage 2 Setup

Quote:
Hey everyone,

I just put together a kit that will be here next week. Has anyone else integrated water/meth in their M2?

I'm using it for 90% IAT cooling and 10% fueling as 100-110 octane never hurts, especially with our junk HPFP.

Would love to see some setups!
I decided to run the Snow Performance Stage Two kit with a 3 gallon tank simply because it had a friendly user interface idiot proof and it has a pretty neat display integrated into the boost pod.

I suppose it's complimented my setup inclusive especially for our extremely hot temperate climate here but I wouldn't say it was really necessary.

Installation was a breeze except for the misleading instructions that said it can be done in 3 hours. TRUST ME, you'll want to have a charge pipe with a meth bung hole ready to make your install easy.

Got help with the electrical stuff by a good friend who's an auto electrician for our local BMW dealer.

No regrets though and hope this helps.
Attached Images

Proud owner of Amelia & Rae. Yes, I named my vehicles
2018 BMW M2 LCI (Wedge Performance Tuned + Pure Turbo Stg 2 Upgrade)
2019 Audi RS4 Advant
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2019, 12:11 AM   #28
EVEda235i
Mr. Clutch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amelia.f87m2 View Post
Quote:
Hey everyone,

I just put together a kit that will be here next week. Has anyone else integrated water/meth in their M2?

I'm using it for 90% IAT cooling and 10% fueling as 100-110 octane never hurts, especially with our junk HPFP.

I decided to run the Snow Performance Stage Two kit with a 3 gallon tank simply because it had a friendly user interface idiot proof and it has a pretty neat display integrated into the boost pod.

I suppose it's complimented my setup inclusive especially for our extremely hot temperate climate here but I wouldn't say it was really necessary.

Installation was a breeze except for the misleading instructions that said it can be done in 3 hours. TRUST ME, you'll want to have a charge pipe with a meth bung hole ready to make your install easy.

Got help with the electrical stuff by a good friend who's an auto electrician for our local BMW dealer.

Reviving on old thread here, but I'm about to install the same kit on my 2er. Same tank too. Did u consider putting the tank anywhere else? I use my trunk a lot so trying to minimize invasion by the tank.

Thanks

Ps pretty sure the brackets are supposed to sit against the protrotruding circles if that even matters :
      05-07-2019, 08:08 PM   #29
M2C AW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C Alpine White

Another question......for those with boost regulated WMI rates....what boost line are you tapping into to get accurate boost measurement to the controller ? Pics would be much appreciated..if possible.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 01:09 PM   #30
M2C AW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2MGM View Post
Another question......for those with boost regulated WMI rates....what boost line are you tapping into to get accurate boost measurement to the controller ? Pics would be much appreciated..if possible.
Bought a P3 boost tap pn P3BTAP1
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 09:35 AM   #31
switlikbob
Chuggin' Along
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB ///M2

I'm going to be building a Frankenstein WI setup. I haven't worked out all fo the details yet, but so far I am leaning towards:
AEM controller , fuel level sensor, and inline filter
Devil's own pump, AN fittings, and nozzle
High end stainless braided injection lines
5 gallon in trunk tank
Custom LED indicator panel & hobbs swtich (lit toggle on/off, system power, pump power, pump spraying, 50psi line pressure to detect clogs or leaks) and maybe some more...

I am NOT using any of the garbage push connectors or poly tubing. It fails, always.

I am using this primarily for cooling my IATs. It will inherently raise octane. I don't plan to specifically tune my car for this setup.

However, the way my tunes are setup, I should be able to see and feel some impressive gains with this system running. I also have some revision tunes that have higher boost targets to play with. This will be a trial and error situation for a bit. I can play with the water meth ratio, as I have a local racetrack that sells methanol at the pump. In conjunction with the mix ratio, I can play with different nozzles too. Luckily, MHD does a fantastic job at logging, which will make this a lot more fun and easy to work out.
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2021, 06:02 PM   #32
methkingM2C
Private
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2rs4_official View Post
Quote:
Hey everyone,

Which fuse did you tap into for the controller 12V?

Where did you ground the low level sensor, pump, and controller?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0