BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > M2 CS in the wild (pics)

03-18-2020, 09:22 AM   #89
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Hi all

This is my first post so a little unsure about how things work but here I go:

Given the economic meltdown the world is currently witnessing, do you think BMW will still build all 2200 M2CS's?

I know many, including myself have had orders with deposits for many months or even two or three years. However, I get the feeling there might be a few cancellations as a matter of prioritisation with COVID19, hence interested to hear your thoughts on that.

Thanks and be safe
      03-18-2020, 10:19 AM   #90
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

I think it's safe to say the world is full of uncertainty, but things will eventually get back to 'normal.'

Regarding BMW - global matters aside - a great deal of what goes on around this forum is cordial speculation of future models and features.

Specifically regarding the M2CS, seems a great deal of uncertainty and speculation existed before the pandemic even existed. . . so, not sure any more or less exists given current state of matters?

///AVM
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2020, 10:56 AM   #91
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

I'm worried too. I'm not seeing the M2 CS on the limited edition section of the website anymore.
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2020, 10:57 AM   #92
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Hi all

This is my first post so a little unsure about how things work but here I go:

Given the economic meltdown the world is currently witnessing, do you think BMW will still build all 2200 M2CS's?

I know many, including myself have had orders with deposits for many months or even two or three years. However, I get the feeling there might be a few cancellations as a matter of prioritisation with COVID19, hence interested to hear your thoughts on that.

Thanks and be safe
I had a similar question. I then thought about from another perspective. Those that are serious about the CS to begin with may be in a strong financial position less impacted by a particular economic environment. If you have a well paying and very secure job, then an economic downturn can be of great benefit to you personally.
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2020, 11:16 AM   #93
Hegge
Banned
Rep

Dave, do you think the CS is still coming?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 11:45 AM   #94
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Here goes:. My thoughts are completely speculative and based solely upon my love for conspiracy theory so no one should run off using this as rumor.

My gut is telling me that it doesn't make sense for BMW to produce the M2CS as we know it at this time. They would be better served offering all the CS parts as package add-ons and doing away with the base C. The economic downturn would be an easy way for BMW to cancel production and save face. As others have mentioned the CS is just a C with added parts. Those that do want the CS would be able to buy the CS package. Certainly BMW has already produced the parts necessary for 2200 CS models.

I believe that there is either going to be.

1. No 2021 M2C and the CS is shifting to a 2021 model as the production cycle doesn't make sense for it to be a 2020. Production shuts down until end of April. This pushes US production beginning in August at earliest.

2. No limited M2CS and 2021 M2C gets a boatload of new options including digital dash.

3. M2CS US numbers are significantly more limited in effort to squeeze the CS into a 2020 model and 2021C is extremely limited as well.

I've covered multiple scenerios, which doesn't say much other than I'm unsure, but do not believe things will play out as previously thought. 2200 M2CS and full run of 2021 m2C.

Edit: When production resumes in April. My guess is that they will want to crank out the popular demand models before running low volume M2s
Appreciate 2
///AVM2528.00
      03-18-2020, 11:59 AM   #95
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Here goes:. My thoughts are completely speculative and based solely upon my love for conspiracy theory so no one should run off using this as rumor.

My gut is telling me that it doesn't make sense for BMW to produce the M2CS as we know it at this time. They would be better served offering all the CS parts as package add-ons and doing away with the base C. The economic downturn would be an easy way for BMW to cancel production and save face. As others have mentioned the CS is just a C with added parts. Those that do want the CS would be able to buy the CS package. Certainly BMW has already produced the parts necessary for 2200 CS models.

I believe that there is either going to be.

1. No 2021 M2C and the CS is shifting to a 2021 model as the production cycle doesn't make sense for it to be a 2020. Production shuts down until end of April. This pushes US production beginning in August at earliest.

2. No limited M2CS and 2021 M2C gets a boatload of new options including digital dash.

3. M2CS US numbers are significantly more limited in effort to squeeze the CS into a 2020 model and 2021C is extremely limited as well.

I've covered multiple scenerios, which doesn't say much other than I'm unsure, but do not believe things will play out as previously thought. 2200 M2CS and full run of 2021 m2C.

Thank you for your thoughts. Ironically, last week I was informed of my firm allocation for an October build which would suggest I'd receive it in 2021 (Australian delivery).

But, everyone is hurting, rich and poor are going to be vulnerable and the ultra-rich would be buying Bugatti not BMW.

I actually think BMW will still build the CS but in lesser numbers just to use up all the pre-manufactured components.

How many!? That would be anybody's guess but maybe a few hundred.

I just hope they don't kill it off altogether as that would be a crying shame.
      03-18-2020, 12:09 PM   #96
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for your thoughts. Ironically, last week I was informed of my firm allocation for an October build which would suggest I'd receive it in 2021 (Australian delivery).

But, everyone is hurting, rich and poor are going to be vulnerable and the ultra-rich would be buying Bugatti not BMW.

I actually think BMW will still build the CS but in lesser numbers just to use up all the pre-manufactured components.

That's good to know. Any chance you could touch base with your SA to see if production pause will push back your build date. I'd greatly appreciate info from folks that are in regions with confirmed allocations. US is all speculation at best.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 12:41 PM   #97
Hegge
Banned
Rep

The fact that the M2 CS is no longer on the limited edition site is a troubling sign. The M2 futura and the M4 CS are still there.
Appreciate 2
leemik509.00
      03-18-2020, 01:07 PM   #98
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

That's good to know. Any chance you could touch base with your SA to see if production pause will push back your build date. I'd greatly appreciate info from folks that are in regions with confirmed allocations. US is all speculation at best.

I will do my best but they're pretty slow going here as well. I'll keep you posted
      03-18-2020, 07:16 PM   #99
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Cool car but even with a end of world discount, the best I could probably get them down to is $75,000, give or take..

That's just too much for a vehicle, IMO but it's still an awesome package, nonetheless..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 04:08 AM   #100
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

My CS was scheduled for week18 2020. Since Leipzig will close its plant at the end of this week until 04/19, there will be a considerable delay. So far impossible to fix another delivery date. But anyway, people who exerted an alocation, like myself, will be served first.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 05:17 AM   #101
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanekstudio View Post
Just Amazing, it's going to be a unicorn of how BMW used to be! I wish I could get my hands on it
You can, and have been able to for past two years . . . and for $20-30K less.

///AVM
OH boy..Here we go again. Do your homework. Or talk to those that have actually driven an M3C and a M3 CS back to back. The difference is significant. Not to mention 20k in unique factory installed CFRP, wheels, exhaust, seats, Alcántara, and other bits.
Appreciate 2
      03-19-2020, 08:10 AM   #102
Hegge
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
OH boy..Here we go again. Do your homework. Or talk to those that have actually driven an M3C and a M3 CS back to back. The difference is significant. Not to mention 20k in unique factory installed CFRP, wheels, and exhaust.
Dezzracer is right again. People have been knocking down the CS on a daily basis. They expect to have the benefits of the CS in the last model year of the M2 Competition for the same price of the Competition. Why would they make the last model year of the Competition so great when you have the G Series M3/M4 coming? You have to pay to play. I don't think people understand how business and marketing works.

When I go to the Porsche blogs, I don't see Carrera owners constantly ridiculing the GT3 and 911 turbo. Why can't that work here?
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2020, 09:23 AM   #103
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quite honestly I think that no 2021 M2C is the best for everyone. M2C owners have a significantly more limited vehicle, and M2CS still goes to those that want them. Further amplifying the bargain factor of the M2C and probably slowing depreciation while increasing the floor.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 09:30 AM   #104
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
OH boy..Here we go again. Do your homework. Or talk to those that have actually driven an M3C and a M3 CS back to back. The difference is significant. Not to mention 20k in unique factory installed CFRP, wheels, and exhaust.
Dezzracer is right again. People have been knocking down the CS on a daily basis. They expect to have the benefits of the CS in the last model year of the M2 Competition for the same price of the Competition. Why would they make the last model year of the Competition so great when you have the G Series M3/M4 coming? You have to pay to play. I don't think people understand how business and marketing works.

When I go to the Porsche blogs, I don't see Carrera owners constantly ridiculing the GT3 and 911 turbo. Why can't that work here?

I agree totally.

I suppose the same folks who complain today about how the M2CS is too overpriced, will complain in five or ten years why it's gone up so much in value making it impossible to own one for them.

If you buy one, you do so because you want one not because it's "fair value". If you don't buy one, you do so because you're not interested in the car at any value because if it was that cheap, then everyone would buy one and you'd still miss out while contemplating if it's worth buying if everyone else has one too.

I respect your choice if you buy one, or if you don't, but please please, don't knock the car because if the M2C is anything to go by, the raw genius that is the M2CS will be one of the best cars BMW will have made over the last 50 years.
Davil6333.50
      03-19-2020, 09:48 AM   #105
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I'm still holding out for a CS. Hoping the numbers coming to the US are further limited due to production constraints.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 07:13 AM   #106
Ghostriderf80
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Just a Porsche

Quote:
I'm still holding out for a CS. Hoping the numbers coming to the US are further limited due to production constraints.
M2 CS NO.

Going back to M3 or 911. for daily.

M2 Race car yes
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 08:23 AM   #107
jessetaylor1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 AW LCI

A little late, but peaked around the BMW NA HQ and didn't find anything about the CS, but did find this before I got kicked out.

Appreciate 1
      03-24-2020, 03:21 PM   #108
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

What color is that!?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 05:04 PM   #109
cb804
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340 xDrive, M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
What color is that!?
That looks like Sunset Orange but it’s not a CS... look at the hood. I think that’s an M2C.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 05:13 PM   #110
jessetaylor1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 AW LCI

Its a SO Competition with all M Perf parts, except fenders. Hood was so nice in person.
Appreciate 0