Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Hey guys,

Just placed an order for a 2020 M2C; HS, MT, Executive package. I had initially wanted an M2 when I had an opportune time to do ED in 2016. At the time, there were no allocations available, so I ordered an M3. I like the car a lot, but it is the same size as my E39 M5, and I was looking for a smaller DD after really enjoying some extended time in a 1M. I was going to keep the M3, but a local dealer offered me a M2C build so I went for it. I'm a little pensive about it, as I have heard some bang on about the lower quality of the M2 interior, etc. But, I loved the 1M and I'm not looking for luxury, just fun. I do love the color combination of my M3 (MG and Golden Brown leather) and really wish there were some more choice for the M2C. Oh well.

Anyway, assuming I don't back out and keep the M3 , looking forward to joining the group. I've been searching for how much of an issue rock chips are on the rear fender despite the OE PPF there. For the F80 M3, it was mandatory to replace the OE piece with a much larger piece of PPF to avoid chips, but this does not seem to be an issue for the F82 M4. I don't see a firm consensus on the M2 board, so if anyone has personal experience, let me know!
I'm currently on my Euro delivery of my M2C in Hockenheim silver.

I wrapped a good amount in XPEL Trac wrap. To be honest the roads are so clean there isn't any rocks. Use code PCA at checkout on XPEL.com to save 20%. 6x40 is plenty. You need to remove the tape before shipping the car home due to the EPA.

I had the same reservations you have regarding luxury and what not. I came in from a 2011 M3 w/full merino leather and all the bits and bops.

I can tell you I am pleasantly surprised by this car and I had a lot of buyers remorse leading up to the delivery.

The cabin is spacious, the Dakota leather is surprisingly fine and the use of alcantara throughout is a nice touch. The matte carbon is growing on me. It always looked plasticy on the M2.

The engine hauls and sounds great. Bottom line - Car is a blast to drive.

Here's pics of my delivery, hope this helps.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jhy7gdlji...NKqIbqMxa?dl=0
? hockenheim_m2
Appreciate 2
CSBM52716.50
KevinM2935.50
      03-23-2019, 08:54 PM   #24
KevinM
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5;2007 M Coupe;2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 M2 Competition  [10.00]
2007 E86 M coupe  [8.38]
2002 E39 M5  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011M3V8 View Post

I wrapped a good amount in XPEL Trac wrap. To be honest the roads are so clean there isn't any rocks. Use code PCA at checkout on XPEL.com to save 20%. 6x40 is plenty. You need to remove the tape before shipping the car home due to the EPA.

I had the same reservations you have regarding luxury and what not. I came in from a 2011 M3 w/full merino leather and all the bits and bops.

I can tell you I am pleasantly surprised by this car and I had a lot of buyers remorse leading up to the delivery.

The cabin is spacious, the Dakota leather is surprisingly fine and the use of alcantara throughout is a nice touch. The matte carbon is growing on me. It always looked plasticy on the M2.

Congratulations on the car and the European Delivery. I had a blast doing ED for my F80 ZCP. Alas, it didn't work out for my schedule this time.
2021 Kia Telluride (hauler)
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 12:33 AM   #25
2011M3V8
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011M3V8 View Post

Congratulations on the car and the European Delivery. I had a blast doing ED for my F80 ZCP. Alas, it didn't work out for my schedule this time.
Ah somehow I completely misread your OP.

You'll enjoy the car despite the interior finish being lower rent than your M3.

It's exactly as you say, a fun car
? hockenheim_m2
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 09:39 AM   #26
nomoracin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GTS 4.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdaxx View Post
Congrats on the m2c

you need to be aware of the small gas tank and Im sure you are aware of no HUD. I wish these M2s had HUDs

You will love the size of the car thou!!
No blindspot notification either...as I just found out by a recent post.

The mirrors have that triangle there, but it's non-functional.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 06:21 PM   #27
goku7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C ED 08/2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoracin View Post
No blindspot notification either...as I just found out by a recent post.

The mirrors have that triangle there, but it's non-functional.
I am always curious. do you need blind spot warning for such a small car ? cannot mirrors be adjusted to cover any blind spots ?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 07:13 PM   #28
jashton
Private
Rep
Drives: Shelby GT350

Congrats on the new M2, I just secured an allocation myself and my car will be a very similar spec.
Appreciate 1
KevinM2935.50
      03-25-2019, 06:03 AM   #29
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku7 View Post
I am always curious. do you need blind spot warning for such a small car ? cannot mirrors be adjusted to cover any blind spots ?
Maybe I'm not a good person to answer this because I've never owned a car where I felt like I needed blind spot warning, but I'll answer anyway. The visibility is great, as long as you set your seat and mirrors correctly. The only reason I can think of for BSW on this car is for that day when work got the best of you and you're a mess on the way home. None of us are perfect drivers every day. That's the only time I can imagine it would be useful.
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50
      03-25-2019, 10:47 AM   #30
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

About time you joined the club

Coming from an M4, I'd say there's a significant difference in the perceived luxury of the interiors, particularly if you had the Full Leather option in the M3. Also, depending on your preference, the dry carbon looks/feels cheap compared to the gloss carbon. The steering wheel and shift knob are the same, which helps. Functionally, the M2C had some much needed upgrades, like the M1 & M2 buttons, but still has one major annoyance: The dash doesn't have the ability to display your current gear (6MT). Personally, I very much like the M2's interior. Spartan but very functional and driver-focused.

It's not going to really compare to the M5 though. The E39 is the best 5 series BMW ever made. I've seen 17 year old cars with the original leather seats in great shape. It's too bad BMW doesn't use top notch materials like that anymore.
Appreciate 1
KevinM2935.50
      03-25-2019, 01:35 PM   #31
KevinM
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5;2007 M Coupe;2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 M2 Competition  [10.00]
2007 E86 M coupe  [8.38]
2002 E39 M5  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketBoots View Post
It's not going to really compare to the M5 though. The E39 is the best 5 series BMW ever made. I've seen 17 year old cars with the original leather seats in great shape. It's too bad BMW doesn't use top notch materials like that anymore.
Indeed.

2021 Kia Telluride (hauler)
Appreciate 1
Defiant2282.50
      03-25-2019, 08:47 PM   #32
ContactPatch
Major
Rep
Drives: It's Quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
Maybe I'm not a good person to answer this because I've never owned a car where I felt like I needed blind spot warning, but I'll answer anyway. The visibility is great, as long as you set your seat and mirrors correctly. The only reason I can think of for BSW on this car is for that day when work got the best of you and you're a mess on the way home. None of us are perfect drivers every day. That's the only time I can imagine it would be useful.
I agree, but blindspot is also useful when you have a gorgeous woman with a short skirt on in the car and you can't keep your eyes off her. Your peripheral vision sees the blindspot light and you're driving like a pro!
Appreciate 0