BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Wow, '18 "leftover" pricing

01-16-2019, 09:08 PM   #45
pooyab
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 2020 BMW M5C

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
My 2018 M2 that I got in mid December from BMW Mountain View:

MSRP: $61445
Discount: $6045
Rebates: $2750

Cost: $52650 + tax

I was debating between this exact spec and a Black Shadow Edition which had MSRP of about $65k and sale price of about $56k + tax. Black Shadow wheels are nicer but I mods the cars but keep my stock parts anyways. So I went for the overall cheaper car.

Discount might be less now since it's 2019, not sure what rebates are. Ask for Adam Xavier and that Pooya sent you, if you see anything of interest in AutoNation inventory. Should be able to give a good discount again.
Interlagos Blue/Speed Cloth | BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Alpine Stage 2 | KW Clubsport | Resonated X-Pipe | Eisenmann Race | StopTech BBK | TE37SL | YFCM CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Turner Control Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | Turner Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Alpine DCT Tune | Karbonius Intake | Carbon Roof (TBD)
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 10:32 PM   #46
TwoTwentyBlue
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

I've kept an eye on this forum over the last few years and just started posting on this thread as I've been searching for an M2 recently. I've had a 2011 328i and a 2016 228i previously and was finally in a position to take a stab at getting an M2. My must haves were 2018 LCI, Mineral Gray, DCT, Exec Package, and I'll say I was at least intrigued by CarPlay.

After searching AutoTrader and Cars.com, I found about 12 M2s that matched this criteria. About half of them had options such as Carbon Fiber accessories and the M Drivers package that I didn't really care for but that didn't stop me from exploring those options. I was checking Edmunds and Kelly Blue Book for each region and found the fair market value was generally 9-10% off according to each of those sources. Even though half of these were in CA, only 1 dealer came close to 10% off and their current regional incentive of $4500 only applied to leasing. My next step was reaching out to the dealers that were further away and in the process I realized there were some better incentives out there for different regions. After around 10 dealers rejected my offer of 10% off before rebates, I called BMW of Cape Cod to try my luck on one of the last remaining M2s. After looking at the sticker, I realized this would be my top choice based on options and included accessories with the exception of the $50 First Aid kit. The SA made it sound like there was no chance they could do 10% off before rebates. About 10 minutes later, I received an email that they would accept my offer! Here are the details.

2018 M2 - MSRP $61,865
Mineral Grey
DCT
Exec Package
CarPlay
Black Kidney Grills
Black Side Grills
Stainless Steel Pedals
Wheel locks
First Aid kit

Sale Price of $55,678
-$4500 Manufacturer Incentive
-$750 BMW Loyalty
-$500 BMW CCA

This effectively brought the sale price to $49,928. If anyone had told me I could get an M2 with every single option I wanted for under $50k brand new, I would've thought they were crazy. In fairness, this doesn't include the $395 doc fee, tax, title, registration, or shipping cross country. Regardless I'm thrilled to now be an M2 owner!

Thanks to everyone on here that has posted their experience and opinions. It helped me a ton as I went through this process and I hope that I'll be able to help others by sharing my experience. Seriously, THANK YOU!
Appreciate 5
PLF693766.00
ted99242.00
dmboone254972.00
ewohar21.50
      01-17-2019, 09:20 AM   #47
aWanderlustSeoul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTwentyBlue View Post
I've kept an eye on this forum over the last few years and just started posting on this thread as I've been searching for an M2 recently. I've had a 2011 328i and a 2016 228i previously and was finally in a position to take a stab at getting an M2. My must haves were 2018 LCI, Mineral Gray, DCT, Exec Package, and I'll say I was at least intrigued by CarPlay.

After searching AutoTrader and Cars.com, I found about 12 M2s that matched this criteria. About half of them had options such as Carbon Fiber accessories and the M Drivers package that I didn't really care for but that didn't stop me from exploring those options. I was checking Edmunds and Kelly Blue Book for each region and found the fair market value was generally 9-10% off according to each of those sources. Even though half of these were in CA, only 1 dealer came close to 10% off and their current regional incentive of $4500 only applied to leasing. My next step was reaching out to the dealers that were further away and in the process I realized there were some better incentives out there for different regions. After around 10 dealers rejected my offer of 10% off before rebates, I called BMW of Cape Cod to try my luck on one of the last remaining M2s. After looking at the sticker, I realized this would be my top choice based on options and included accessories with the exception of the $50 First Aid kit. The SA made it sound like there was no chance they could do 10% off before rebates. About 10 minutes later, I received an email that they would accept my offer! Here are the details.

2018 M2 - MSRP $61,865
Mineral Grey
DCT
Exec Package
CarPlay
Black Kidney Grills
Black Side Grills
Stainless Steel Pedals
Wheel locks
First Aid kit

Sale Price of $55,678
-$750 BMW Loyalty
-$500 BMW CCA

This effectively brought the sale price to $49,928. If anyone had told me I could get an M2 with every single option I wanted for under $50k brand new, I would've thought they were crazy. In fairness, this doesn't include the $395 doc fee, tax, title, registration, or shipping cross country. Regardless I'm thrilled to now be an M2 owner!

Thanks to everyone on here that has posted their experience and opinions. It helped me a ton as I went through this process and I hope that I'll be able to help others by sharing my experience. Seriously, THANK YOU!
Quote:

2018 M2 - MSRP $61,865
Mineral Grey
DCT
Exec Package
CarPlay
Black Kidney Grills
Black Side Grills
Stainless Steel Pedals
Wheel locks
First Aid kit

Sale Price of $55,678
-$750 BMW Loyalty
-$500 BMW CCA

Thanks an amazing deal! Your patience searching for the right deal definitely paid off. If this type of deal was offered to me in Dec, I would of not bought the mc2. But I'm content with the car so far. I'm planning to drive it more once I get ppf installed.

Another dealer build with a first aid kit optioned. I've ranted enough about my first aid kit enough in other threads.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2019, 09:04 AM   #48
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:

2018 M2 - MSRP $61,865
Mineral Grey
DCT
Exec Package
CarPlay
Black Kidney Grills
Black Side Grills
Stainless Steel Pedals
Wheel locks
First Aid kit

Sale Price of $55,678
-$750 BMW Loyalty
-$500 BMW CCA

Killer deal! Thats what I paid for my "used" M2 (had 3500 miles on it). But it also had a bunch of MP goodies so I didnt mind.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2019, 09:21 AM   #49
JRF
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.1 GTS (NSX, M2, e92 gone)

nice

Quote:

2018 M2 - MSRP $61,865
Mineral Grey
DCT
Exec Package
CarPlay
Black Kidney Grills
Black Side Grills
Stainless Steel Pedals
Wheel locks
First Aid kit

Sale Price of $55,678
-$750 BMW Loyalty
-$500 BMW CCA

very nice deal and congrats. excellent choice in color btw.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2019, 02:26 PM   #50
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:

2018 M2 - MSRP $61,865
Mineral Grey
DCT
Exec Package
CarPlay
Black Kidney Grills
Black Side Grills
Stainless Steel Pedals
Wheel locks
First Aid kit

Sale Price of $55,678
-$750 BMW Loyalty
-$500 BMW CCA

By the way, you can’t get the BMWCCA rebate when there is a factory incentive. I learned that the hard way when my application was rejected.

Last edited by DanG; 01-19-2019 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 1
CSBM52716.50
      01-19-2019, 01:33 PM   #51
farcus
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F87 AW DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
By the way, you can’t get them BMWCCA rebate when their is a factory incentive. I learned that the hard way when my application was rejected.
I think the 4500 might be finance off, I don't think its factory incentive unless he somehow got that. I got 4500 off but its for financing through bmw. Are you 100% that u can't use BMWCCA rebate? now I need to find out about mine lol good thing I didn't buy the membership yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 11:23 AM   #52
cdtech4
Rep
Drives: 16 M4

How long has that incentive lasted for the $4500 credit for financing? I'm looking at picking a car up but don't know how long that will last going forward.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 12:46 PM   #53
Al Bundy's Dodge
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtech4 View Post
How long has that incentive lasted for the $4500 credit for financing? I'm looking at picking a car up but don't know how long that will last going forward.
Currently set to expire 1/30/19...but doesnt mean it wont be extended. Same with the current 2.89/60 and 3.89/72 rate offer.

Also note that both are regional incentives and not offered everywhere
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 12:41 PM   #54
ted99
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: former i3>330e, 528i>X5>530e

The local BMW dealer from which I have purchased my last 4 cars has two of the "left-over" 2018 M2 with DCT for MSRP about $65K. I started dickering with them, but they weren't going to go to the $55K, before promotions, I thought the car would be worth. Then I saw the MSRP for the new M340i RWD at $54,995 and was glad they didn't take my offer. The M340i has more power than the 2018 M2, a better suspension, updated interior and I don't want a manual. It looks like the M340i is going to be the better buy. Somebody tell me why I'm wrong, please. 2019 M2 Comp is a different kettle of fish, I know.

Last edited by ted99; 01-27-2019 at 10:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 11:49 PM   #55
TwoTwentyBlue
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
By the way, you can’t get the BMWCCA rebate when there is a factory incentive. I learned that the hard way when my application was rejected.
Thanks for the info. I'm going to try my luck with the CCA rebate and see what happens. Not sure if it makes a difference that the $4,500 "rebate" was listed as a manufacturer's dealer allowance. I'll provide an update when I have one.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 01:05 PM   #56
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted99 View Post
The local BMW dealer from which I have purchased my last 4 cars has two of the "left-over" 2018 M2 with DCT for MSRP about $65K. I started dickering with them, but they weren't going to go to the $55K, before promotions, I thought the car would be worth. Then I saw the MSRP for the new M340i RWD at $54,995 and was glad they didn't take my offer. The M340i has more power than the 2018 M2, a better suspension, updated interior and I don't want a manual. It looks like the M340i is going to be the better buy. Somebody tell me why I'm wrong, please. 2019 M2 Comp is a different kettle of fish, I know.
$65k MSRP for an OG sounds high considering it started life at 54k or something. They may have slapped on some body work or that $2500 track experience option. To me the M2 was great at the $57k price you could option - just Exec, paint, 6MT. Even $60k if you want DCT. Is reasonable. The models with $65k stickers don't make as much sense imo. Your negotiating is not getting where you could have been if you got to order the car the way you wanted. Sounds nice to say 15% off but it's artificial unless you would have ordered those options in any case. Remember the 340 will have options to so that $55k can quickly become $65k.
Appreciate 1
ted99242.00
      01-30-2019, 01:34 PM   #57
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
If you're a M340i buyer you're not a M2 buyer.
Appreciate 2
AngryBaby344.50
ZPrime611.50
      01-31-2019, 11:11 AM   #58
ted99
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
If you're a M340i buyer you're not a M2 buyer.
I like to think of myself as a smart buyer. Performance to dollar. That's what my 2009 Nissan GTR had.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 01:51 PM   #59
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
I like to think of myself as a smart buyer. Performance to dollar. That's what my 2009 Nissan GTR had.
Performance to dollar would mean you don't buy any BMW product. And as a former R35 GT-R owner myself, I understand that performance doesn't always equal fun.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 03:49 PM   #60
ted99
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

True that. Look at the Shelby GT350 for fun to dollar. I had a '65 GT350 back in 1969-73 and it was a truck compared to the current one--for less than an M2 Competition. But the best fun to dollar was my 1974 Ferrari Dino 246GTS that I paid $14K for in 1979. Never had one problem with it as a daily driver for 5 years.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 04:13 PM   #61
luxo
Private
Rep
Drives: LBB 18' M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnbkrlts View Post
Seems like a great deal until you dig a bit further: "includes trade-in incentive," "buyers outside Omaha metro area may be subject to a $385 out of state Security and Compliance Fee" (???) "and other applicable rebates." Seems like a dealer stacking everything on a car...but you don't have a good chance of qualifying for half of it.
I actually just bought that car. Ended up getting it for $51.5 out the door (plus tax of course). Can't wait till it gets here (having it shipped to Florida). Worth noting I did finance through BMWFS, 3.89% for 60 months. I needed financing so it ended up working in my favor, without financing through BMWFS the $4,500 APR credit wouldn't have applied. I've been searching for an LBB LCI for a few weeks and it was the best deal I found, especially considering it has the M Perf wheel with the LED display, M Perf CF trunk lip, mirror covers, kidneys and side grilles port installed.

Last edited by luxo; 01-31-2019 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 05:26 PM   #62
Mtnbkrlts
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Nice work! Back in May when I contacted them, they wouldn’t budge off MSRP for a similar build. I went east a bit and saved nearly $4k. Sounds like you held their feet to the fire. Funny what happens when the model year flips over and they get nervous about having an “old” car on the lot. You didn’t want to fly to Nebraska and drive the car home (-20 here this morning)? 😁

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxo View Post
I actually just bought that car. Ended up getting it for $51.5 out the door (plus tax of course). Can't wait till it gets here (having it shipped to Florida). Worth noting I did finance through BMWFS, 3.89% for 60 months. I needed financing so it ended up working in my favor, without financing through BMWFS the $4,500 APR credit wouldn't have applied. I've been searching for an LBB LCI for a few weeks and it was the best deal I found, especially considering it has the M Perf wheel with the LED display, M Perf CF trunk lip, mirror covers, kidneys and side grilles port installed.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 09:09 PM   #63
luxo
Private
Rep
Drives: LBB 18' M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnbkrlts View Post
Nice work! Back in May when I contacted them, they wouldn’t budge off MSRP for a similar build. I went east a bit and saved nearly $4k. Sounds like you held their feet to the fire. Funny what happens when the model year flips over and they get nervous about having an “old” car on the lot. You didn’t want to fly to Nebraska and drive the car home (-20 here this morning)? 😁
I honestly contemplated it for a moment, it would have been about an 18 hour drive... then I checked the weather out there If it was summer time I would have drove it back in a heartbeat, make a trip out of it and stop in Nashville, etc. but not in winter!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 11:57 AM   #64
Al Bundy's Dodge
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Dodge View Post
Currently set to expire 1/30/19...but doesnt mean it wont be extended. Same with the current 2.89/60 and 3.89/72 rate offer.

Also note that both are regional incentives and not offered everywhere
Looks like the leftover 2018 incentives continue for February, again depending on region. Though parts of Cali that did not have cash incentives last month appear to have them this month.

Also calculated a 53% residual on one of the lease offers I saw on BMW USA...that cant be right.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 12:05 PM   #65
CTSean
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LCI BSM MT M2

How are people searching for leftover '18s? Only options I've found are places like cars.com and truecar.com or individual dealer sites. if BMW has a centralized new car inventory (like they do for used cars) I can't find it.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 02:48 PM   #66
farcus
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F87 AW DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxo View Post
Nice this is for a brand new one right? That's a really good deal. I got my brand new 2018 AW DCT for 51k +tax+fees as well. I think we're the only ones that got such a smoking deal. The $4500 APR credit to finance really helped a lot. My dealer told me I only had to stay with BMW for 6 payments before I can refinance. I got 3.89% rate as well, my credit is good but not great(less than 800). I think you probably got a better deal than mine cause mine doesn't have the CF trunk spoiler or mirror cover or black kidney surround. GJ
Appreciate 0