BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Dinan Exhaust for M2C

03-12-2019, 05:00 PM   #23
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

Downside: Not a fan of the tips...kinda stupid big and look out of place...like they belong on a Genesis Coupe or BRZ.

Upside: Weight Watchers treatment on the Udder is a definite +++

Am I the only one who thinks they sound pretty much exactly the same? Especially at the end where they go back and forth. Assuming this system is $3K-ish - I think the money is better spent elsewhere on this car...like a set of Ohlins R&T coils.
Appreciate 2
G80BSM282.50
mhanism277.00
      03-12-2019, 05:02 PM   #24
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

I like it. It should be out April/May with a cross pipe and tucked nicely as previously illustrated. The cans look great. I'm guessing $2,300-$2,400 based on a conversation with Dinan today. Hopefully it'll drop 10-20 lbs. as well.
      03-12-2019, 05:07 PM   #25
M4 GTS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 02M3 19X3M40 on order 21 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
That's more than sufficient for me as I really like the sound of the stock exhaust I just need that fugly muffler gone and seems like Dinan checks all the boxes so far (still waiting on the price tag). It already sounds pretty decent IMO but I might just pair this with AA midpipe. AA signature, MPE + AA midpipe and Dinan + AA midpipe are my top contenders so far. I'm almost certain that MPE will be overpriced so I'll probably have to make a decision between AA signature and this.
Agree!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 05:20 PM   #26
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
I love the 4" tips.
Appreciate 2
Poochie9099.00
soooma1373.00
      03-12-2019, 07:05 PM   #27
Ceramic Rabbit
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Honda Accord V6 Hybrid

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 GTS View Post
IMO there in not a big difference stock vs. Dinan. Dinan has little deeper sound and diaper is gone
That's more than sufficient for me as I really like the sound of the stock exhaust I just need that fugly muffler gone and seems like Dinan checks all the boxes so far (still waiting on the price tag). It already sounds pretty decent IMO but I might just pair this with AA midpipe. AA signature, MPE + AA midpipe and Dinan + AA midpipe are my top contenders so far. I'm almost certain that MPE will be overpriced so I'll probably have to make a decision between AA signature and this.
How can you consider MPE when it has that same huge muffler?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 07:27 PM   #28
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceramic Rabbit View Post
Quote:
Quote:
IMO there in not a big difference stock vs. Dinan. Dinan has little deeper sound and diaper is gone
It's significantly narrower so it helps but I need to see more pics of how it looks from the behind. I know there 2-3 images from an auto show being posted on the forum constantly but as I said, I'm waiting to see the production version on a car from different angles. Not planning to spend anything over $3k for an exhaust so I'm pretty sure MPE won't work out for me anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 07:30 PM   #29
Ceramic Rabbit
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's significantly narrower so it helps but I need to see more pics of how it looks from the behind. I know there 2-3 images from an auto show being posted on the forum constantly but as I said, I'm waiting to see the production version on a car from different angles. Not planning to spend anything over $3k for an exhaust so I'm pretty sure MPE won't work out for me anyway.
I saw it at BMW Welt and it looked the same but shiny and with the logo. Honestly it didn't look bad but like you said for the price you can just get something better looking.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 05:50 PM   #30
Slaney
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

So I put on the full AA system this morning, from the downpipes back. ...it's coming off tomorrow morning... too loud for my tastes. definitely deeper note and the back looks way better without the hanging huevos but I'm convinced you can't make the S55 sound like the N55. That's a shame...

I'm putting this exhaust up for sale with the black tips if anyone is interested. It will ship in the original box but it will have been installed for 24 hours. Looking for $3000.00 and I'll include the shipping.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M2GT120.00
cptobvious2531.50
      03-18-2019, 06:18 PM   #31
M2GT
Private
Rep
Drives: M2C

I guess it drones also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaney View Post
So I put on the full AA system this morning, from the downpipes back. ...it's coming off tomorrow morning... too loud for my tastes. definitely deeper note and the back looks way better without the hanging huevos but I'm convinced you can't make the S55 sound like the N55. That's a shame...

I'm putting this exhaust up for sale with the black tips if anyone is interested. It will ship in the original box but it will have been installed for 24 hours. Looking for $3000.00 and I'll include the shipping.
Appreciate 1
Slaney208.00
      03-18-2019, 06:29 PM   #32
Slaney
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpw View Post
I guess it drones also?
The drone is very slight actually, that didn't bother me so much. In general, it's pretty loud and the popping becomes much more aggressive and loud. The deeper tone is appreciated but the exhaust note in general is "peakier", going from a little to a LOT very quickly. It actually sounds really nice at lower revs, it just gets manic as it revs higher. I almost like it in efficiency better, which is almost as loud as the normal exhaust in sport plus if not the same at higher revs.
I was so used to my N55 sound which was deep and progressive as you went up in revs. This motor is totally different, like it has multiple personalities. It sounds nice and deep up to 4000k and then it changes tone like something has opened up again.
I took the red pill....help me Neo! haha
Appreciate 1
M2GT120.00
      03-18-2019, 06:54 PM   #33
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
I love the 4" tips.
I love it also.. The exhaust when from having hanging balls to big dick(s). So to speak..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 09:45 AM   #34
Ceramic Rabbit
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpw View Post
I guess it drones also?
The drone is very slight actually, that didn't bother me so much. In general, it's pretty loud and the popping becomes much more aggressive and loud. The deeper tone is appreciated but the exhaust note in general is "peakier", going from a little to a LOT very quickly. It actually sounds really nice at lower revs, it just gets manic as it revs higher. I almost like it in efficiency better, which is almost as loud as the normal exhaust in sport plus if not the same at higher revs.
I was so used to my N55 sound which was deep and progressive as you went up in revs. This motor is totally different, like it has multiple personalities. It sounds nice and deep up to 4000k and then it changes tone like something has opened up again.
I took the red pill....help me Neo! haha
I want AA because I think it is the best sounding system but I think I would prefer the Carbon tips, how was installing it?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 11:35 AM   #35
Slaney
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I want AA because I think it is the best sounding system but I think I would prefer the Carbon tips, how was installing it?
pretty easy. one clip in the back didn't fit perfectly as shown in their instruction book. I'm dealing with some rattling at the moment as everything is bolted together. guess this is to be expected until things get situated and break in. I'm driving in efficiency mostly. the black pipes in back look badass. hate to get rid of it only because of them, the sound is just too much in sport plus and it still opens up into this raspy tone at 4000 and above under load, in any of the settings.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 11:45 AM   #36
KevM2
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 F87 M2C, 2023 G87 M2

Garage List
BMW M2 Competition  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Those are exactly my top 3 choices as well. Waiting for the MPE before I decide. You don't like the Eisenmann one? That's probably my 4th choice
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 12:24 PM   #37
Ceramic Rabbit
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
pretty easy. one clip in the back didn't fit perfectly as shown in their instruction book. I'm dealing with some rattling at the moment as everything is bolted together. guess this is to be expected until things get situated and break in. I'm driving in efficiency mostly. the black pipes in back look badass. hate to get rid of it only because of them, the sound is just too much in sport plus and it still opens up into this raspy tone at 4000 and above under load, in any of the settings.
Curious, how do you figure a rattle would go away without making changes? Will it really just "break in" or settle by itself? Sounds to me like something that would get worse with time
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2019, 10:58 AM   #38
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Not going to lie i turned away from my monitor when the video was playing and I didn't realize the difference between the stock exhaust and dinan.
      04-02-2019, 11:00 AM   #39
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:

If you part it out I might be interested in the just the rear or just the midpipe, provided it works with the OEM rear section.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2019, 11:48 AM   #40
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

Can't tell a difference lol.
      04-02-2019, 12:00 PM   #41
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep
Drives: 21 Q7 & 22 4XE

Yeah this sounds way to similar...
      04-02-2019, 01:24 PM   #42
DML
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 Heritage

Stock for me, let's not get overly obnoxious.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2019, 02:18 PM   #43
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
why is anyone surprised? literally dinan has always been barely more noticeable over stock
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2019, 03:44 PM   #44
PARTS@STBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

Oh yeah
Appreciate 0