BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > M2 Competition (BSM) Places Seco in Motor Magazine's Performance Car of the Year 2019

04-24-2019, 09:44 AM   #45
Proctor750
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E21-myfirstlove View Post
Do the rear seats fold down in the ROW? In the US, mine don't.
There is 1 seat bottom with a plastic center console and 2 seat backs which can fold down onto the seat bottoms. You must open the trunk then glance up at the "roof" of the trunk interior. There should be 2 pull latches, one per side of trunk, which you can pull to release the seat backs.
They don't fold down completely flat but have a 10-15 deg incline. It's not a problem and is I think more comfortable than when I slept in my E30 Touring.
You might have to lay a bit diagonal and curl up a tad if you are tall as I am.
sleep pad and bag help with comfort.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 03:09 PM   #46
SamienHanif35
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 428i Xdrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by white2abbit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
The GT4 is street legal???
Ah, it's not an M4 GT4 lol, it's a Porsche Cayman GT4:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
The GT4 is street legal???
Ah, it's not an M4 GT4 lol, it's a Porsche Cayman GT4:

[img]https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5329/3...aca56b4e_h.jpg[/img]
Got to drive my first one it was in voodoo blue. Just like the GT3. I took it to Laguna Seca raceway, and man oh man.... what a car. To be honest, a daily ride really can't be an exotic if you do care about "Mileage." For me next in line is the M3CS. I am in Boynton, Florida, United States, is have to deal with shitty drivers and potholes..
      04-24-2019, 10:43 PM   #47
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post
Happy to be reading these posts. I am coming from a GT4 and will have an M2C soon.
Getting rid of the GT4 for it?
'20 BMW M2 Competition (6spd, Euro-delivered July '19)
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 10:56 PM   #48
csbear
Major
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Quote:
Getting rid of the GT4 for it?
I sold the GT4 a while back.. We moved to downtown Philly at the time due to job reasons, so it just wasn't happening. Navigating a GT4 on Philly roads is an exercise in futility.

Now we have moved to the Vegas area, and I have decided to get something more daily drivable and honestly less expensive. Maybe in the future another GT4 will be in the cards.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 11:02 PM   #49
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

It is so cool that there are so many GT4 owners here. I wouldn't have guessed it, as to many they're both "2 door sports cars".

I had originally planned to ED an F80 M3 in 2017, but decided against it as I couldn't really justify spending the money. I barely drive either of my cars at the moment, but I decided it was finally time to pull the trigger as my E36 continues to age (and needs a lot of $ love), and the fact that I want something I can really road trip in.

When I was finally ready, the F80 was out of production, and I didn't want to wait for the G80. Even though most reviewers have said the M2C is the best M car out there, I'd prefer a BSM F80 M3 ZCP (black with an amaro brown interior), 6-speed. After having a black BMW sedan for so many years I really wanted to replace it with another. Alas, we'll see how the M2C does and if I miss the rear doors.

As requested, here are a few more pics of the GT4. Apologies in advance that they're all different dimensions!

Mosport

Watkins Glen

Appreciate 8
Poochie9104.50
el_june19.50
Robin_NL8717.00
pizza240796.00
dmboone254972.00
FreeDarko217.00
      04-24-2019, 11:04 PM   #50
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post
I sold the GT4 a while back.. We moved to downtown Philly at the time due to job reasons, so it just wasn't happening. Navigating a GT4 on Philly roads is an exercise in futility.

Now we have moved to the Vegas area, and I have decided to get something more daily drivable and honestly less expensive. Maybe in the future another GT4 will be in the cards.
Totally makes sense! There are some great roads around Las Vegas (and your'e not too far from California)! I recently drove all the way from Toronto to LA in my friend's Z4M Coupe, and we were constantly in shock of all the endless great driving opportunities (compared to Toronto and the surrounding area).
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 11:17 PM   #51
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrat 2 View Post
Love how there are a few people on this thread with both and M2 and GT4. They both have their place. I can daily drive the M2 as well as track it. The GT4 I drive on nice days as well as track it.

I'm on the fence on trading my M2 for M2 comp. I'm sure the comp is great but I don't see a compelling reason to change other than the fact that my M2 warranty expires in 11 months. The M2 and the M2 comp have pros and cons and the net for me is no incentive to jump.
Quote:
Love how there are a few people on this thread with both and M2 and GT4. They both have their place. I can daily drive the M2 as well as track it. The GT4 I drive on nice days as well as track it.

I'm on the fence on trading my M2 for M2 comp. I'm sure the comp is great but I don't see a compelling reason to change other than the fact that my M2 warranty expires in 11 months. The M2 and the M2 comp have pros and cons and the net for me is no incentive to jump.
How's the HK sound system in the M2 compare to the sound system in the GT4?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 09:49 PM   #52
Pyrat 2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

How's the HK sound system in the M2 compare to the sound system in the GT4?
Early OG M2s had mediocre sound. From what I recall somewhere along the way since 2016 they made some changes and I've heard that the system is better. One thing for sure the active sound is a must delete. I picked my M2 up in the perf center and drove it to Chicago. By the time I made it through the 12 hour road trip I had to disable immediately. Bought the cable delete for the asd. Great investment. Seems as though the Sirius sound is better than the HD FM.

The Porsche sound system is also below average. For sure if I upgrade the car to a new GT4 or GT3 the Bose will be a must have. Now with that said the engine sound is sooo good and in your face loud that the poor sound is less of a deal than on the M2.

Bottom line is both are mediocre in my mind. Of all my current and previous cars my favorite was the HK I had in my E46.
      05-19-2019, 05:54 PM   #53
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Early OG M2s had mediocre sound. From what I recall somewhere along the way since 2016 they made some changes and I've heard that the system is better. One thing for sure the active sound is a must delete. I picked my M2 up in the perf center and drove it to Chicago. By the time I made it through the 12 hour road trip I had to disable immediately. Bought the cable delete for the asd. Great investment. Seems as though the Sirius sound is better than the HD FM.

The Porsche sound system is also below average. For sure if I upgrade the car to a new GT4 or GT3 the Bose will be a must have. Now with that said the engine sound is sooo good and in your face loud that the poor sound is less of a deal than on the M2.

Bottom line is both are mediocre in my mind. Of all my current and previous cars my favorite was the HK I had in my E46.
Thanks for the info!

I actually find the GT4's soundsystem to be quiet – but then again, I'm probably comparing it to my bone stock 1998 BMW 328i lol. Before that I had an S14 with aftermarket stuff, but it's been a while since I've really taken notice of this stuff.

I find the sound in the Porsche to be great – I can turn it up really loud while still having a conversation, the bass is pretty strong, and the acoustics seem very clear. But maybe I just haven't heard a super high-end system.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 05:55 PM   #54
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Actually, I had a 2019 BMW 7-series rental a little while ago (I believe it was Hamon Kardon sound), and it was definitely not any better than the GT4's from what I remember. I think it was actually worse.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 11:23 PM   #55
Goombeh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Little M, Fat GTR, Golf R.

Don’t know why I persist in torturing myself by reading these threads!!

The M2 comp is so tempting that I’m scared to test drive one for fear I’ll just have to have it. I’ve had the 1M since new and just adore the thing, never thought about selling but wouldn’t make any sense to have both. But I just keep reading and reading...........
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 10:39 AM   #56
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goombeh View Post

The M2 comp is so tempting that I’m scared to test drive one for fear I’ll just have to have it. I’ve had the 1M since new and just adore the thing, never thought about selling but wouldn’t make any sense to have both. But I just keep reading and reading...........
Haha that's how I ended up with the GT4. I was originally shopping for an M2, but then found out they were sold out for 1+ years (when they were first released). I wandered over to Porsche just for fun (no intention of buying), and there was a GT4 on the lot. The sales guy let me start it up and rev it (it was already sold), and the second I sat in it and fired it up I knew I needed one. I then started convincing myself it was actually a smarter buy than the M2 (for depreciation reasons), and then the hunt began. 3 or 4 months later I found one, used an over MSRP. Whoops.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 07:28 PM   #57
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goombeh View Post

Haha that's how I ended up with the GT4. I was originally shopping for an M2, but then found out they were sold out for 1+ years (when they were first released). I wandered over to Porsche just for fun (no intention of buying), and there was a GT4 on the lot. The sales guy let me start it up and rev it (it was already sold), and the second I sat in it and fired it up I knew I needed one. I then started convincing myself it was actually a smarter buy than the M2 (for depreciation reasons), and then the hunt began. 3 or 4 months later I found one, used an over MSRP. Whoops.
What's the market on them now? Have they not held up?
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 08:43 PM   #58
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
What's the market on them now? Have they not held up?
I honestly don't follow it too much, but I think the first gen M2 has depreciated a lot more than the GT4. Who knows, either way not an investment for me.

I think if you were to wait 10-20 years a low mileage GT4 would really make you a nice return. But cars are for driving.
Appreciate 2
Thescout134944.00
natmad667.00
      05-21-2019, 04:02 AM   #59
Goombeh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Little M, Fat GTR, Golf R.

Quote:
Funny! That's exactly how I ended up with the 1M. Wasn't looking as already had a car on order and had waited 10 months by then. Wanted an M3 but as much as I tried, I just didn't love it.

Went for a quick drive in the 1M and put my name on it and went to get my deposit back from the other dealer.

GT4 is the other car I'm scared to drive for the same reason.
Appreciate 1