09-03-2022, 04:43 PM   #23
Swish77
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition '21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
I went from a 911 to a M2C back to a 911. The 911 is in a different zip code of performance even in base trim level. They are not even competing in the same performance car category but that only makes sense. The Cayman is a closer M2C comparison. As much as BMW underrates their performance specs, Porsche does it even more. Shockingly the real world Cayman does very well against the new C8 Corvette Z51 even though on paper the Corvette has a lot more hp.
Gotta respectfully disagree. I find the performance of the M2C as good if not better than my former 911 Carrera T, which makes sense since the M2C has more horse power and torque than the base 911 engine (2019). But that's for driving the way I drive, which is 100 percent street, backcountry roads and highway. I never tracked. Perhaps the 911 shines more on the track. I don't know.

And the M2C is definitely a more comfortable ride and a better daily driver. It has a higher seating position than the 911, the seats are more cushioned and the suspension is not as harsh. That was my experience anyway. I loved the Porsche, but I prefer the M2C for my driving needs.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
CSBM52756.00
      09-03-2022, 06:35 PM   #24
rwemersonrw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition, Acura TSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
So I made the move to a 2022 GTS 4.0 manual last week

only driven it three times with partial throttle and up to 4000 rpm (break in) but it's a great car, the 4.0 makes a big difference (had 2 981 S's before)

it was definitely a bitter sweet moment when I handed the keys to the M2 over
I also got to see it in motion one last time as the sales guy drove it to the back of the lot and saw those hips one last time

I will miss it, had loads of fun in the car, definitely one of my all time faves, wish i coulda kept both

I will still hang out here as I really do enjoy the M2 community, a kind of unique group who appreciate the little hooligan that the M2 is.
Good move. Gts lap time are generally Better than m2 😩
Appreciate 0