BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M3C Vs M2 CS

05-02-2023, 04:24 PM   #23
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

She will never drive it. It’s just as a back up in a pinch. She’s never driven the G80, No
Shot she learns manual. Doesn’t have the time in fairness!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2023, 09:12 PM   #24
barryc365
Major
Rep

Anyone know this car?

Looks like it started life in Georgia and was traded in Oklahoma. Blue car with Akrapovic exhaust and an M performance steering wheel. Spoke with them and seems to be some discolouration on a small section of the carbon roof (common issue I believe but this doesn’t look great) . Saw the dealer notes and it needed 4 new tires with the outside fronts worn (track use) and the rears were bald.
Front end is PPF’d but the splitter PPF has some rash

As I type all that out, maybe it’s not the one lol!

https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/WBS1J3C00L7H11574
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2023, 07:39 AM   #25
NYNick
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 74 tii 78 SC 20 M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
Anyone know this car?

Looks like it started life in Georgia and was traded in Oklahoma. Blue car with Akrapovic exhaust and an M performance steering wheel. Spoke with them and seems to be some discolouration on a small section of the carbon roof (common issue I believe but this doesn’t look great) . Saw the dealer notes and it needed 4 new tires with the outside fronts worn (track use) and the rears were bald.
Front end is PPF’d but the splitter PPF has some rash

As I type all that out, maybe it’s not the one lol!

https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/WBS1J3C00L7H11574
3 owners and beat up? Whoopsie!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2023, 07:46 AM   #26
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

The roof discoloration would be my biggest concern. Sounds like someone took advantage of good trade value before needing to invest in new consumables like tires. For the right price that PPF and Akra adds quite a bit of value. I track my car, but wouldn't say it is abused. I wouldn't shy away from a car that has been tracked is what I'm saying. As well as I care for my car I think someone would be lucky to get it. Especially since mine would be in the value pricing with over 20k miles.
      05-03-2023, 07:49 AM   #27
barryc365
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
3 owners and beat up? Whoopsie!
It’s not actually three owners, it’s just one but the out of state transfer and dealer show up as change of owners on the car fax

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
The roof discoloration would be my biggest concern. Sounds like someone took advantage of good trade value before needing to invest in new consumables like tires. For the right price that PPF and Akra adds quite a bit of value. I track my car, but wouldn't say it is abused. I wouldn't shy away from a car that has been tracked is what I'm saying. As well as I care for my car I think someone would be lucky to get it. Especially since mine would be in the value pricing with over 20k miles.
I don’t care about track miles either once it’s been maintained. I’ve done a million track miles in previous cars so can’t complain about someone else bringing the CS to the track
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2023, 09:02 AM   #28
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

The roof should be looked at by the dealer if it is a manufacturing defect - still under warranty. Miles are just miles and the car being driven hard in not an issue per se, get the maintenance records and you’ll know what the car has been through.

Akra exhaust and PPF is a good bonus.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2023, 09:05 AM   #29
barryc365
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownM View Post
The roof should be looked at by the dealer if it is a manufacturing defect - still under warranty. Miles are just miles and the car being driven hard in not an issue per se, get the maintenance records and you’ll know what the car has been through.

Akra exhaust and PPF is a good bonus.
I wonder what this is, don’t think it’s PPF

I heard some of them had defects in the carbon

I can’t imagine the dealer is going to have many spare CS roof’s lying around even if they did agree it has a defect

They still owe me some replacement carbon for my G80 two years later. Can’t get it
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2023, 09:22 AM   #30
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

We had one forum member that had a roof replaced due to discoloration. This could be PPF or clear coat issues maybe?

Some of us had issues with spots on the rear seats, and the dealers replaced those for some of us as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2023, 12:49 PM   #31
barryc365
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020_M2CS View Post
Just picked an m2CS, with under 10k miles. What an amazing car. The over priced talk is rather over played. The car all around feels like a 90-100k car. You are not compromising in any way. The dct is outright amazing. Coming from a manual car, it drives like a manual and has shifting perforamce of an auto. Also, the dct is smooth af. Reading through some reviews not sure why some complain of it being rough (it’s probably user error or just trying to find a problem b/c it’s a short list). Only complaint I have is there’s no blind spot detectors but the visibility in this car is great so idc at the end of the day.

I was considering the new gen m2 or the cs. Price wise they are very close when fully spec’ing out the current gen.

You will need to get an aftermarket exhaust if you pick up a m2cs. The stock exhaust is not inspiring.
You didn’t but the white one in Michigan did you? Looked nice. I was looking at it over the weekend and then the advert was taken down when I was gonna call them
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2023, 10:22 PM   #32
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
I wonder what this is, don’t think it’s PPF

I heard some of them had defects in the carbon

I can’t imagine the dealer is going to have many spare CS roof’s lying around even if they did agree it has a defect

They still owe me some replacement carbon for my G80 two years later. Can’t get it
That looks like it's delaminating.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2023, 05:06 AM   #33
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020_M2CS View Post
The dct is outright amazing. Coming from a manual car, it drives like a manual and has shifting perforamce of an auto. Also, the dct is smooth af.
It is bloody amazing. You have to realise this was the final form of M’s DCT first introduced back on the e9x. Over a decade of fine tuning. It’s yet another thing that makes the CS so special. The final form of their best gearbox. I was blatting mine through the gears today. The speed of the changes is just incredible. You do need to learn how to drive it to get the best out of it. Typical auto guy will think it is terrible. Hardened cynical manual die hard with an open mind will be blown away. Hardened cynical manual guy with a closed mind will still hate it. That leaves one out of three. In my mind that’s a plus.
Appreciate 1
F87EVO4058.00
      05-18-2023, 11:36 PM   #34
gemini.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive comp

I'll provide my perspective from someone who was at lease turn in for an f80 m3 comp and deciding between a 2018 f80 m3 comp buyout, m2 cs, and g80 m3.

I chose the m2 cs. I had the car for a year. It is a special car, no doubt, sometimes I miss it, but my driving circumstances changed. I had a baby, and I changed landscapes. I traded colorado mountain roads for flat straight line highways in florida.

At the time that I traded in my M2 CS, I basically drove the car nearly for free for a year. Mine was manual, MB, original owner.. I got lucky and felt fortunate to be part of the crowd that bought into it initially on MSRP.

Anyways, my G80 m3 is an xdrive comp 22, just before they introduced that ridiculous screen. I don't know that given the opportunity to have my old car back or keep the g80, that I would go with the m2, but again it depends on ur use case. For me, I love this new platform (the motor is a beast) no longer need to worry about spinning a crank hub, it puts down more power etc.. yes, I miss the 3rd pedal, but I'd argue the S58 was specifically tuned to the ZF8 and the manual just doesn't fit the overall car. My particular car has the full carbon exterior and interior. The front end still isn't my favorite, but the rest of the car is fantastic and more modern than the m2 (subjective, i know)

My car was a pristine example at sale -- less than 3k miles.. seeing what they go for now makes me jealous I didn't keep it a little longer. I'm curious how the G87 impacts pricing on the car, but I think people still want that analog experience and the g87 is another step towards departing from that, so maybe not.
2015 335i (retired)
Appreciate 3
barryc3651957.50
F87EVO4058.00
DadVibes1250.50