BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > BMW M2 chassis stabilization

02-20-2020, 12:43 PM   #1
M2 power
Rep
Drives: M2

BMW M2 chassis stabilization

Hello all, as I was driving home yesterday my 17 M2 popped up an error code states " chassis stabilization, drive moderately". And I was not able to switch driving mode. I parked the car and turned off the engine then start it up again, the code is cleared and the car drives perfectly fine, my car only has about 13k miles. I went to BMW service center and they told me that it could be triggered by the pothole or bump. And tell me if it come up again I can bring it in. Does anyone else experience this kind of error? I did a little bit research and the answers are all over the place. If anyone can let me know if this is something I should be worry about, thanks in advance!!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 01:00 PM   #2
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 power View Post
Hello all, as I was driving home yesterday my 17 M2 popped up an error code states " chassis stabilization, drive moderately". And I was not able to switch driving mode. I parked the car and turned off the engine then start it up again, the code is cleared and the car drives perfectly fine, my car only has about 13k miles. I went to BMW service center and they told me that it could be triggered by the pothole or bump. And tell me if it come up again I can bring it in. Does anyone else experience this kind of error? I did a little bit research and the answers are all over the place. If anyone can let me know if this is something I should be worry about, thanks in advance!!
I had it pop up once like 1.5 years ago and never saw it again.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 01:13 PM   #3
M2 power
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 power View Post
I had it pop up once like 1.5 years ago and never saw it again.
Ok that's good to hear, maybe I worry too much
Appreciate 0